o11

vivre
home
011

Jaehyun cracks his neck as he skimmed through the seemingly endless heap of documents in front of him. He glanced at the clock.

8.17 pm

He was supposed to be on his way home but no. Work just has to be in his way. As if on cue, his cellphone rang.

Yerimie

His smile bloomed as he picked up the call, “Hello?”

Oppa!”

Eo, Yerim-ah.”

Jaehyun could hear a chorus of thank you ssaem at the background which means Yerim has finished her job in the agency.

“Still cooped up in the office?”

Jaehyun chuckled, “Unfortunately, yes. You?”

“Just finished monitoring NCT’s showcase. I’m about to head to the company to pick up some document then I’ll head home. What about you?”

“I was left with a ton of paper works. Most of my employees are pulling an all-nighter as well. I don’t think I can go clock out anytime soon. It , I know.”

He could hear a sigh of disappointment on the other line which made him smile a bit.

“Alright.. I don’t think I could stay up and wait for you though..”

"You don’t have to. Don’t stay up, okay? I’ll probably go home…. after midnight. You’ve been working diligently today, so take a rest okay? I haven’t seen their comeback stage but I’m sure you’ve done a really good job preparing their comeback amidst all…. the dramas lately.”

He could hear her laugh on the other side. “Thank you. You too, oppa. You’ve worked really hard today. Don’t tire yourself too much okay? I’ll be waiting at home. See you!”

Jaehyun smiled.

Home.

These past 16 months, he had found himself a home. Yerim was his home. Yerim with her cooking, her playful antics, her cheap humor sense, her soft voice, her calming guitar playing, her soothing piano music, her smile, her scent, her everything. Despite not having any romantic feelings towards her at first, Jaehyun had found himself to be really dependent at her. Every business trip felt bland and boring without her. It was always that way, but after meeting Yerim, being away from her makes him sad. Whenever Yerim had to accompany her artists on tour, he felt lonely at home. She did cook him enough food to keep him alive and he just have to pop them in the microwave, but everything tastes sandy when he had to eat alone.

Jaehyun smiled. He had a newfound ambition and spirit to finish his work early today.

♦♦♦

Yerim entered the agency building sleepily. She had to pick up a few contracts to read over to decide NCT’s activities. They had settled several music programs and variety show appearances, but there were several other offers that requires different members and she felt the need to assign each member to different shows so they’ll each get their own spotlight. Yerim found the document she needed and quickly head out.

She yawned as she’s very sleepy right now. She still had to drive herself home and she definitely couldn’t afford to doze off and endanger herself. On the way out, she approached a vending machine and put in a few bills to buy a can of cold coffee. Popping the can open, she then gulped down the cool drink, feeling refreshed by the cold caffeine surge.

After making sure she’s awake enough, she went to her car and start the ignition as soon as she stepped in. She really couldn’t wait to go home. After driving for a few minutes, she arrived at an empty home. She usually came home first since her job is not as demanding as Jaehyun’s. But usually, he’ll come soon after but now he was stuck in the office and probably won’t be home for another 3 hours. She decided to go for a quick shower and after refreshing herself she heads to bed immediately. She sent a quick text message to Jaehyun before closing her eyes.

♦♦♦

Jaehyun felt his cellphone vibrates and quickly turns it on. he smiled upon noticing a text from his wife. He saved the document first before reading the text.

 

Yerimie

I’m home and I’m so sleepy. I’ll be sleeping first. Go home quickly the bed is cold~~

 

Jaehyun chuckled. Feeling energized, he turned his attention back to his desktop and quickly typed away, determined to finish his work quickly. After another hour of battling with paper works, he was finally done. He rapidly packed away his stuffs and exited his office to see his secretary still typing away.

“Gyungwan-sshi?”

His secretary perked up immediately. “Sir!”

“Still not finished?”

“Uh, almost there, sir. I was just checking several reports the finance division just sent. I’ll try to send them to your e-mail after this so you can review them tomorrow.”

The thought of having to check reports again gave him a slight headache but Jaehyun nodded anyway.

“I’ve sent you the reports I’ve approved and the list for unapproved reports. After you’re done, go home immediately and rest, okay? You can continue your work tomorrow. It’s almost midnight, tell the others to go home or catch a rest at the employee’s lounge.”

“Thank you, sir! I’ll relay your message to the others.”

Jaehyun smiled before leaving his room. He went down and saw through the glass elevator that some workers are still staying up. It’s a busy day for Hyundai indeed. It’s always like that around the time of a new product launch. After reaching the basement, he quickly boards his car. With the thought of Yerim waiting at home, he quickly sped away.

After arriving at home, he loosened his tie and drop his coat on the coach. His back hurts, his neck too. Probably from spending hours looking at the computer. He just wanted to sleep immediately. Yerim will probably scold him for not changing his clothes but really, he just doesn’t have the energy to. He saw the bed and with his wife under the cover, and it was enough invitation to just go straight to sleep even in his uncomfortable office attires. At least the ever-uncomfortable tie and coat were off.

He tiptoed carefully inside to find Yerim already curled up on her side of the bed. He smiled before gently slipping under the cover, feeling her body heat emanating, quickly giving him comfort. He wrapped his arms around her waist and inhale her scent, feeling drowsy. Only Yerim could comfort him like this. Feeling cozy, he quickly drifted asleep with Yerim on his arms.

♦♦♦

When Yerim woke up the next day, she felt weight on her back and her right arm was slightly numb. She opened her eyes and figured out she has been sleeping on her side throughout the night! She figured out it was probably due to Jaehyun’s arm that were wrapped loosely around her waist. Gently, she pried them off and quietly slipped out of bed. She smiled upon noticing Jaehyun still asleep. He hasn’t changed out of his work attire, meaning he went home super late and probably didn’t have the strength to even change. She exited their bedroom and softly closed the door. She’ll let him sleep in today. She might have to text his secretary that he’s coming a little late today.

♦♦♦

Jaehyun opened his eyes and scrunched his brows. Immediately he squinted his eyes and groaned. It’s too bright. He stretched his back and sighed before examining his quiet surrounding. He woke up to a cold and empty bed, meaning Yerim had long wake up. He glanced at the clock and his eyes bulged out upon reading the number. He was already late!

He scrambled off the bed and when he went out, he saw Yerim casually cooking at the kitchen while singing to some happy tunes.

“Oh, you’ve woken up?” She grinned as she flipped the French toast on the pan.

“Why didn’t you wake me up, I’m late!” he panicked and he was totally confused when she laughed.

“I called your secretary. Told him you’re feeling a little unwell and would be running late. He said it’s okay and you only have a meeting scheduled later after lunch so you didn’t have to rush,” Yerim winked.

Jaehyun was baffled. He closed his eyes as he shook his head. “Sneaky.”

She laughed, “Wash your face first. Go shower while you’re at it. You’re still wearing yesterday’s outfit! You stink!” Yerim scrunched her nose.

Jaehyun grinned before approaching her. “I don’t think I smell bad though…”

She shook her head disapprovingly. “Your breath stinks, your body stinks, shoo, shoo!” She waved him off with her spatula.

He laughed and without knowing what possessed him he leaned forward to peck her lips before running away to the bathroom.

And Yerim? She was stunned and nearly burned her toast.

 

 

Notes

Hullo! Sorry for being gone for weeks but it was the Eid celebration and relatives from all over the country kept coming and I do have to follow my family to visit my relatives too so I wasn't able to get in touch with my laptop. But please enjoy this little 1,4k-ish extra chapter that wasn't originally planned! I wrote this inside the car during a traffic jam lol. It's just a thousand words filled with nothing but fluff. Hope it could make up for my absence, haha! Anyway, I'll try to update in another day or two. For now, please indulge yourself with some jaeri fluff!

 

p.s i am also very pumped up for red velvet comeback!! irene is very gorgeous!!

Layout by Fin