oo9

vivre
storm
009

Yerim skimmed through the documents in her hands carefully.

“What do you think?” Jongdae asked her sister.

Yerim nodded, “I think we definitely should let NCT have their comeback next month as scheduled, there’s no need to postpone it. The have practiced the title track right?”

Jongdae glanced to his left and NCT’s managers nodded. “They have practiced the title track and the promotional B-side as well. They have also recorded 2 tracks for their album as per your request, ma’am.”

Yerim nodded, “I wrote some ballads during holiday, I think I should give them one. I think I have one that will fit their esthetic. Let’s hold a meeting again tomorrow with the guys and the AR team. How’s that sound?”

One of the managers nodded, “Aside from Renjun who has MCing schedule, the rest are available tomorrow.”

“Alright, it’s settled then.”

After dismissing the others, Yerim sat across Jongdae.

“How’s the trip? Bonding with Jae?” Jongdae wiggled his eyebrows.

“What did Jungwoo oppa said to you?” Yerim sulked.

“Other than saying you both look very much in love but in denial, nothing.”

Yerim rolled her eyes.

“Anyways, appa and eomma wanted us to have another dinner, soon. Probably to start pestering you and Jaehyun to start popping babies since you’ve been married for a year.”

Oppa!!!”

♦♦♦

Jongdae was proven to be right. The next day, her mother called, so the day after that she had to drag herself along with Jaehyun to a high-end restaurant for a dinner.

“You’re not supposed to sulk when about to meet your family,” Jaehyun laughed as he stared at his wife who was pouting in front of the mirror. .

Yerim sneered as she tried her best to clasp her necklace and ended up letting Jaehyun do it.

“I don’t know what my parents schemed. We rarely have dinners like this. The last time we shared a family dinner outside, I was being wedded to you. That’s why I avoided meeting my parents like a plague,” Yerim reasoned as she picked her jacket.

“Hey, it’s gonna be alright. We’ll handle it just fine,” Jaehyun smiled gently and ushered her to go out.

When they arrived, everybody’s already there. As usual, her nephews came and hugged the life out of her before turning to Jaehyun, asking for hugs as well. Jaehyun bent down before giving each of them a hug. Satisfied, the kids scrambled off again.

“Yerim! Jaehyun! Come, sit down. We have ordered in advance, we’ll call the waiter so you two can order too, okay?” Yerim’s mom said.

Jaehyun bowed to them before sitting next to Jungwoo who had his little daughter on his lap. “How’s Lina doing?” Jaehyun asked before playing with the little girl’s cheek, earning him a playful giggle.

“Doin’ just fine, enjoying days of eating porridges and drinking milk like a boss,” Jungwoo chuckled.

The waiter came to collect their order and Jaehyun glanced at Yerim on his other side who was skimming at the menu book, uninterested. “Feeling for pasta?” he softly asked.

She shrugged, “Pick me something?”

He nodded before turning to the waiter and ordered some food for both of them.

“So, Jaehyun, Yerim, any possibility for a new grandchild for us?” Yerim’s father joked.

Jaehyun glanced at Yerim who slouched on her seat. He softly inserts his hand in between her back and her chair to straighten her posture, but he made it look as if he was embracing her lightly, earning a wink from Jungwoo. Yerim rolled her eyes and turned to her husband who seemed unfazed by her family’s antics.

“Maybe later, abeonim. We’re still focused in our work,” he answered politely.

"But it’s been over a year, should you guys book an appointment with Joonmyun and Joohyun’s then OB-GYN?”

Eomma, we’re still not ready for kids,” Yerim intercepted tiredly. Before her mother had the chance to retaliate, the waiter came with their orders.

“You’re 26 now, 27 in March, it’s the prime age to have a kid,” her mother insisted.

“It’s okay eomonim, Yerim is still busy with her works in the agency, I’m also still busy, it’s going to be difficult to have a baby at this time of the year,” Jaehyun reasoned.

“You shouldn’t meddle too much with your artists Yerim-ah, you’re not cut for that kind of job,” her father said.

“But Yerim did a great job, appa. She’s a great work partner for me. NCT has been doing really well because of her. Our new girlgroup SRG also did very well,” Jongdae reasoned.

“Still, as a director you should not care too much for the small measly stuffs, I have you enrolled for business degree. You should learn from Jongdae. Jongdae-yah, please keep an eye for your sister, okay?”

Jongdae sighed and nodded before turning to giver his baby sister an apologetic look. Yerim twirled her pasta uninterestedly and Jaehyun could only pat her thigh in sympathy. In the end, she went home with her food untouched.

♦♦♦

“You didn’t eat anything. Want me to fix you some ramyun?” Jaehyun asked softly after they reached their apartment.

“I lost my appetite.”

“Come on, eat a little okay? At least a cup noodle. I’ll cook one for you,” he insisted.

Yerim exited their bedroom after changing into a more comfortable home wear to find Jaehyun in the living room with a cup of noodle.

“Here, eat this first.”

Yerim eyed the noodle. It does look appetizing, but she didn’t have the energy to eat.

“Come on,” he put the cup directly on her palms. She had no choice but to eat under Jaehyun’s constant supervision.

“I understand, your parents were not behaving nicely. But you still have to eat, okay?” Jaehyun scolded gently after throwing the empty cup to the bin.

“He said I did measly stuffs. I worked really hard to make sure NCT and SRG had the best resources, dance, and music so we could bring in a lot of revenue for Lotte ent. They wanted me to just sit and boss around, but you know I don’t do that. I can’t and shouldn’t do that,” she pouted.

“You’re an amazing songwriter and dancer, Rim. Don’t let your father stop you from chasing your dreams. There’s only one coward allowed in this household and that coward is me, okay?” Jaehyun joked lightly.

♦♦♦

Yerim entered the practice room and was warmly welcomed by the NCT members.

Ssaem!”

“Hi, boys! How’s the preparation going?” she asked after returning their group hug.

“So far so good, ssaem,” the leader answered.

“Alright, show me then what you’ve got!” Yerim sat back and relaxed as she watched the boys demonstrate the choreography that they’ve been practicing.

“Did Riki choreographed this?” She asked the manager, completely in awe at the transitions.

“Most of it, yes. But for the chorus the kids came up with some key points dance moves and changed the original choreo. They also came up with most of the transitions.”

Yerim nodded. “Your manager told me you added some elements by yourself. Is that true?” Yerim asked as they sat together in a circle.

“Yes, ssaem. Do you have any input for us?”

Yerim smiled, “That was amazing. I like how you guys created a key dance moves in the chorus that people could replicate. The transitions are good as well, but I think we could add something for the bridge part. I have something in mind,” Yerim stood up, garnering anticipation from the kids.

♦♦♦

Jongdae was revising several documents. It’s still January, so it’s a naturally busy time for any entertainment agency. NCT was set to come back on February, and on early March, it’s SRG’s time. Early April, NCT was to release a repackaged album, and mid-March, Taeyeon noona wanted to release a special album as it’s her fandom’s anniversary date. He had talked with Yerim regarding the Lotte Ent. family concert that was set on August, which was their agency anniversary date. So, they have to prepare more comebacks before August came.

Jongdae was good at handling these types of works. But when it came to actually producing something, Yerim had the golden hands. Her sister had talents in picking the right people for the right kind of group. She was also blessed musically for she produced tons of popular tracks that always ended up on the top 50s. She’s also a great dancer. NCT and SRG were Yerim’s precious kids. She personally visited each training rooms and handpicked her choices for NCT and SRG. She was their mastermind, and look where those two groups are. They’re leading the fourth generation. SRG just debuted early last year and they secured the Rookie of The Year award. NCT also got more popular as a dance group. Overall, Jongdae was satisfied. He closes his documents, and before he had the chance to call his secretary to organize a meeting, the man already come to his room, panting.

“Sir!”

“Juhyeok-ah, wae? Calm down,” Jongdae urged the younger man to sit down first.

“Sir, your father came! He’s still in the lobby, checking the progress for the merch shop. Manager Han is already there, but I guess he’ll come upstairs soon! I haven’t seen young miss Kim’s secretary so I haven’t notified him!”

Jongdae realized why his secretary was panicking. It is no secret that his father, the big boss of the whole Lotte corp, dislike it when his children came in contact with lower rank job. Especially Yerim. So, whenever he came for an inspection, Yerim had to pretend she was only doing paper works or leading a meeting instead of creating dance moves in the practice room. But right now, Jongdae didn’t know where Yerim is.

“I’ll call her. She’s probably with either NCT or SRG. As for her manager, please find him, Juhyeok-ah.”

“Right away, sir!”

Jongdae pressed her number which was already on his speed dial, and cursed when he heard her ringtone blaring inside his room. Yerim visited his office early this afternoon, and left her belongings in his room, including her phone. He had no choice but to go after his secretary and look for his baby sister together. But before he had the chance to, the door to his office barged open, revealing his father and his entourage of assistant and secretary.

“Sir, sajangnim wanted to visit the training rooms, where is young miss Kim?” his father’s secretary whispered to him.

Okay. Yerim is doomed.

♦♦♦

Yerim was demonstrating the new piece she choreographed, with the boys following her when the door opened.

“Young miss Kim!”

Yerim looked back to see his brother’s secretary running inside. She let the boys practice on their own before approaching the man.

“What’s wrong, Secretary Jung?”

“Your father is coming!”

She tensed immediately. But before she had the chance to bolt, a man entered the room. His presence was enough to cause everyone to stop what they’re doing. The NCT boys, knowing what would happen, quickly stop dancing and bowed. Before them is someone from the Lotte Corp., none other than their favorite ssaem’s father.

“I thought I already told you I don’t like you doing these,” Her father spoke, his tone cold and laced with authority.

Yerim gulped. “This is my job, appa.” She answered bravely. She needed to put up a front, at least in front of her pupils. They shouldn't see her in a weak state. Her father too. She should not appear weak in front of him.

“Not what I remember I assigned you too. Before I disband any of these kids, we have to talk,” the man walked out and the NCT boys nearly have a heart attack.

Disband? They barely taste their hardly earned fame!

Yerim clenched her fist before turning her back, “Don’t worry, he won’t stop you guys. I have to handle him first, continue practicing. I’m sorry for the disturbance," she said before leaving the room in haste.

“Fighting, ssaem!”

♦♦♦

Secretary Jung Juhyeok followed the angry young miss to his boss’ room. The tension could be felt. And it was highly uncomfortable and unsettling. The Kims’ father is sitting with an angry expression. Jongdae was fidgeting. And Yerim was ready to explode.

“Secretary Jung, please give us some privacy,” the sajangnim instructed.

Jongdae quickly went to his loyal secretary’s side. “After this, please contact my sister’s husband. The situation is not good. Please tell him to come.”

He nodded before leaving the room.

♦♦♦

Yerim gulped before she talked, “Why did you come?”

“I didn’t raise you to be like this,” her father said.

“I didn’t ask to be raised this way,” she retaliated quickly, only fueling her father’s rage.

“Rim..”

“No, oppa,” she held back her brother. as she stood up against her own father.

“I expected you to behave like a higher up, not sweat yourself and work with those lowly—”

“Do not call my students low!” Yerim protested.

“They were nothing but tools for us, so please act accordingly. Your mother and I are very disappointed. We let you go so many times. It’s time for you to stop. What will happen if people knew the heiress to Lotte Corp. was only dancing and mingling with those kinds of artist? You were being a disgrace, Kim Yerim.”

Yerim swallowed the lump in , “Those people, were the one who made us succeed. The food you ate… The money came from them. You don’t have the right to speak like that for them.”

“Please wake up. You’re married to Hyundai’s son. He was a respected figure not only in his company but in the whole Korea. What you’ve done was giving him a big embarrassment. His wife who haven’t produce any heir for him, and was only doing lowly stuffs like this.”

“Stop,” Yerim said as she clenched her fist.

“I can’t deal with a daughter like you. You should stop working here. I’ll arrange for your transfer. Jongdae? Please prepare the documents.”

Appa!” Jongdae yelled.

“Not you too. Kim Yerim, you’ll be working under Joonmyun. No buts.”

Yerim grabbed her things and before she stormed off, she turned to her father, “I hate you!”

♦♦♦

Jaehyun cracked his sore neck as he exited the meeting room. He had just finished a meeting and was just walking back to his office to retrieve his phone that he left when his secretary came running.

“Sir, I’m sorry I picked up your phone, but it has been ringing a lot, it was Mr. Kim Jongdae’s secretary!” his secretary said as he handed the phone to him.

“What did he say?” Jaehyun asked as he received his phone.

"Lotte sajangnim, Mrs. Jung’s father, came to the agency and the secretary said they had a pretty intense argument.”

Jaehyun’s mind flew back to the unfriendly dinner they just have. It was clear that Yerim’s father didn’t like it when she was really involved with music producing. And now looking at the wave of texts from Jongdae’s secretary, he could predict what was going on right now.

“Gyungwan-sshi, tell my driver I’m driving by myself, I might have to clock out early and see my wife,” Jaehyun said as he quickly tidies up his stuff.

“Noted, sir!

After driving nearly passed the speed limit, Jaehyun finally arrived. He recklessly park his car and exited it, trying to call Yerim’s number but the call didn’t get through. He was going to take the basement elevator to reach her floor when he noticed her next to her car, rummaging her tote bag while cursing. He could see her eyes were red and she was frustrated. He jogged toward her immediately.

“Rim?”

She looked up and immediately throw herself to his embrace before bursting into tears. He hugs her tightly, one arm around her and the other around her head to caress her hair and calm her down.

“My-my..fa-father he h-h-hates me!” she hiccuped.

“Ssh…”

“I-i.. w-was an e-em-emba-barassment f-for y-you! h-he said t-that!”

“Oh no, baby, no...” Jaehyun hugs her.

His heart clenched as he felt her tremble within his embrace. This girl had went through a lot.

“Let’s go home, okay? I could ask my driver to pick up your car tomorrow, okay? Come on,” Jaehyun helped her walk to his car.

After arriving home, she immediately went to bed and curled as she continued crying. He tucked her in after she passed out sleeping after an hour of intense sobbing. He went to the living room and called her brother immediately, but trying to keep his volume down.

“Hello? Hyungbu?”

“Jaehyun-ah! How’s Yerim?”

“Was it that bad, hyung?” Jaehyun asked softly.

Appa.. appa was furious. And Yerim refused to cooperate. But I have to admit he went out of the line. He insulted Yerim’s job, and her creations. You know yourself that NCT and SRG are Yerim’s most prized possessions...”

“Oh my god... She’s... She hasn’t stopped crying, hyung. I’m really worried.”

”My father pulled Yerim out of the agency. She had to work under Joonmyun hyung now. I don’t think it’s good for her. She will be deeply affected by this. You know her.”

“That’s… That’s not good..”

“I know..”

“I heard from her a few days ago, that NCT group is set to make a comeback really soon? She always had a say when it comes to that group, we shouldn’t restrain her...”

“That’s why, please help Yerim cope, okay? I’ll try to pass along her comments to the group here. Take care of her for me, okay?

 

Glancing at his wife whose sleeping with tears staining her face, he answered with determination, “Of course."

 

 
Notes

Hello^^ I'm in the middle of my final exam but I'm bored of studying so I updated! I'll be going back to my hometown next week after my finals and I can't wait! I hope I can update more regularly once I'm free off of my exams and in the comfort of my own home lol. It's so hard living away from your families:( Anyways, hope everyone likes this, and please anticipate what's coming next. Thank you for reading, commenting, voting, and subscribing! I love you guys!

Layout by Fin