bonus//oo4

vivre
bonus 4
004

 

 

 

 

"Oppa, wake up!" Jaehyun groaned when he felt his body being shaken forcefully.

"Rim, sweetheart, it's still early," Jaehyun croaked as he turned around to continue sleeping.

Yerim pouted at his husband before shaking his body again. She decided to just plop herself on top of him, successfully knocking some air out of him.

"Oof. Babe…" Jaehyun whined.

"Oppa, it's your birthday! Come on, valentine's boy, wake up. I have tons of surprises waiting for you!" Yerim beamed.

Jaehyun peeked open his eyes to see his wife already energized so early in the morning. She smelled so good, meaning she has taken a shower, probably when he was still asleep. "Really, huh?"

Yerim smiled bashfully, "Yes. Wake up so I can give you your birthday greeting properly."

Jaehyun reluctantly sat up, hooking his arms around her waist as she sat on his lap, "Only after you give me my morning kiss."

Yerim giggled but she cupped his cheek anyways before pulling him to give him a smooch on his lips.

"One more time. A proper one for my birthday kiss."

Yerim smiled before latching her lips on his deeper. "Happy birthday," she said breathlessly before she tried to slide off his lap.

"Uh uh. No. One more. A deeper one. For my valentine's kiss," Jaehyun grinned sleepily.

Yerim laughed before diving in for a deeper kiss, lightly when Jaehyun squeezed her hips, but they turned into giggles as they grinned into the kiss. "Happy Valentine's too. Now, wake up because I've cooked you breakfast and you have a long day ahead of you!" Yerim pressed another peck onto his dimples simply because they're irresistible before scrambling off of him, bouncing to the dining room.

Jaehyun shook his head as he followed her out.

"Take a seat on the dining table! I'll heat the breakfast first!" Yerim hollered.

"Shall I help?" Jaehyun asked as he stretched his back.

"Nope! Just sit down, okay?" Yerim winked as she scooped up rice into two bowls while something is cooking on the stove. Jaehyun smiled fondly as he watched his little wife went back and forth serving the rice and the classic birthday seaweed soup, and also a few side dishes before coming back with two dolsots containing steamed eggs. Jaehyun stared at the clayware before breaking into a soft smile, "Steamed eggs. The first meal you ever cooked for me."

Yerim giggled and nodded as she passed him a spoon. "You've been denying my requests of cooking steamed eggs this week. Turned out that you've been saving it for this day," Jaehyun chuckled.

Yerim shrugged and grinned, "Enjoy your food and then take a shower, okay? I'll pick an outfit for you because we're going somewhere after this."

Jaehyun nodded and ate his food happily, mildly curious about what Yerim had in stock for him today. Yerim always gave him the best birthday slash valentine's day presents. On his 29th birthday, she basically gave herself to him and man, that was wild. On his 30th birthday last year, she outdone herself. She gifted him a song which she releases on digital platforms. Yerim, who's afraid of coming to the public, sang for him. The song was a hit for valentine's and it was written specifically for him. She even put a little snippet of them laughing together and saying i love you in the middle of the song and he had no idea when she recorded it. She somehow always came up with better gifts each year so he's definitely looking forward for his 31st birthday.

After showering and using the clothes she prepared for him, Yerim brought him to the car before pushing him into the passenger seat.

"I'm driving!" She announced merrily.

"Wait, what?"

"It's a surprise, remember? Now hush, get in!"

♦♦♦

She really worked him up since she didn't even turn on the GPS and navigated the streets expertly, leaving no clues on where they're heading. They seemed to stop at a what resembled a villa before she stepped out. Jaehyun looked around hesitantly as he felt her tugging on his shirt.

"Yes?"

"Duck," she motioned him to bow his head. He raised his brows but did so nonetheless, groaning immediately when she whipped out a scarf from her handbag.

"Baby… "

"Shush! Stop whining!" Yerim scolded him as she covered his eyes with the scarf. He really couldn't see anything.

"Now, trust me, okay?" Yerim gave his lips a short peck before taking his hand. He slowly followed her small strides inside the building. His eyes were closed, so naturally his other senses heightened. It smelled like polished marble. The sound his shoes made against the floor suggested that it has either marble or granite flooring.

"Be careful of the steps," she said as she guided him through a series of steps.

He heard a creaking noise and then his feet stepped on a different surface. Grass. It felt like grass. Are they in an outdoor restaurant?

"Okay, birthday boy, open your eyes."

Jaehyun felt Yerim pulling him down so she could untie his scarf. Once the blindfold is off, he blinked his eyes, trying to adjust his vision, only to get a heart attack.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFFREY!"

Jungwoo was hollering obnoxiously with a cake that has a 310 candle instead of 31. If he wasn't his brother in law, Jaehyun would probably already chuck the cake at his face. Other people were singing loudly. He could see his parents, his brother and his wife with their kids, Yerim's parents, her brothers and their family. Their mutual friends were also present. Youngho and Taeyong were holding a big banner which has a ton of his derp faces plastered across it. Jaehyun wanted to facepalm himself. Where do they even got those embarrassing images of him? It was chaotic. People are singing happy birthday and dancing around. Kids are crying. Jaehyun could see his family dog somehow present, barking along. And to his surprise, Uncle and Auntie Baek were also there at the back singing along.

"Ya! Quick! Blow the candles! My daughters are going insane!" Jungwoo yelled.

Everyone laughed at the panicking guy. Apparently, a few months ago Jungwoo has been blessed with more children, twin daughters to be exact, making him a father of three girls. And his girls are all upset of the noises.

Jaehyun closed his eyes for a few seconds to recite his wish before blowing the candles. Everyone clapped and Doyoung yelped when Jungwoo ed the cake towards him so he could help his poor wife, Herin, calming down their three daughters.

"Happy birthday, bro!" Youngho and Taeyong hollered, clapping Jaehyun's back. Everyone took their turn congratulating the birthday boy and Jaehyun was the happiest he could be, being surrounded by the people he cared the most. After a round of greetings from his friends and family, he turned to see Yerim smiling at him while leaning against a nearby wall.

Jaehyun smiled as walked towards her. "Did you plan this?" He asked as he took her hands.

Yerim nodded giddily, "Do you like it? You've been saying you missed everyone."

"Like it? Heck! Sweetheart, I absolutely love it! Thank you so much," Jaehyun exclaimed as he pulled his wife in for a hug.

"Happy Birthday again," Yerim smiled as she hugged him back.

"God, Yerim. You even brought Uncle and Auntie Baek here!" Jaehyun laughed.

Yerim beamed at how his eyes seemed to sparkle with joy, his dimples showing their existence. "I'm glad you're liking my surprises so far. Enjoy the day, okay? I'm going to attack you with more surprises later!" Yerim winked playfully before pressing a quick kiss to his jaw. Jaehyun shook his head in disbelief at the sight of his beloved wife skipping happily.

After the rowdy celebration, the couple finally head home. Only this time, Jaehyun insisted to drive. He felt like Yerim had done more than enough and the least he could do was to drive them home. Yerim couldn't even say no because Jaehyun insisted Yerim had to follow his wishes since it's his birthday.

"Shall we order take outs for dinner? Aren't you too tired to cook?" Jaehyun asked, already taking out his phone to open his food delivery app.

Yerim giggled as she shook her head. "Nope! I already cooked something for you this morning so I only need to warm it up. We still have rice in the rice cooker too. Now sit down as I prepare dinner," Yerim beamed as she pulled him to sit on the dining table.

"Let me at least help you set the table," Jaehyun stood back up and followed her to the kitchen.

"Why are you so nosy and persistent?" Yerim huffed as she fumbled with the fridge.

"I just wanted to help, sweetheart. You've done so much for me today," Jaehyun chuckled as he filled two bowls with rice. He watched as Yerim pour something from a food container to a pot, letting it simmer. Jaehyun came close and peeked from behind her to get a glimpse on what she had cooked.

"Galbitang!"

His eyes shone happily. If steamed eggs were the first meal and the first breakfast she ever cooked for him, galbitang was the first dinner she ever made for him.

"Honey, Yerim. God, this is so meaningful," he exclaimed before giddily pulling her in for a kiss.

"Happy, now? Okay, now go sit down as I heat the broth. Shoo!"

♦♦♦

Yerim sighed as Jaehyun entered the bathroom. She swore to God, that husband of hers is infuriating! He refused to take a shower saying he was too tired for it, later on he bargained for them to take a shower together but this time she was the one refusing since she knew well what would happen if they did because Jaehyun has an impeccable talent to heat things up. She quickly went to her clothing room where she hides her final present for Jaehyung among her massive collection of clothes. She's quite thankful that unlike her, Jaehyun rarely went through her clothes. She liked to steal his clothing but he's much bigger than her so she's grateful he couldn't steal one of hers.

She carried a blue shoebox back into their bedroom, peeking inside and sighed in relief when she saw everything is still at the same order she left them at. She put the box on the vanity table before she went to retrieve her pajamas. Jaehyun emerged from the bathroom five minutes later, looking fresh from his shower.

"You smelled so good," Yerim mumbled as she came closer to him, momentarily hugging him.

He laughed as he patted her back. "It's your turn. Be fast. I like your smell too," he smiled.

Yerim giggled as she pulled away, "Alright. I'll shower now. And by the way, I have one final present for you."

Jaehyun blinked his eyes in confusion as Yerim pointed at the box before disappearing into the bathroom with a playful grin. He took the box back to the bed as he sat down on the duvet, staring at it. It was a simple shoebox from a brand she likes. What's inside it that made it so special that she didn't bother wrapping it? Did she gift him a woman's shoes? Jaehyun carefully lifted up the lid and discovered a greeting card among paper rippings that filled the box.

 

Dearest husband, Happy Birthday!

I hope your year is always filled with happiness, prosperity, success, health, and love. I love you so much and I can't wait to see how our family grow each year. Hope you enjoyed every single surprise I gave you today.

Once again, happy birthday.

Love, Yerim

 

Jaehyun smiled at the cute letter as he set the greeting card down next to him. He dug through the paper rippings to find a single black and white weird abstract painting looking picture.

"What is this?" He muttered as he picked the picture up. He turned the picture in multiple directions, trying to make sense of the grayscale image. He paused upon finally realizing what kind of picture that is. His fingers touched the picture unsurely, grazing the smooth surface.

"Oh, you've seen it," Yerim smiled as she exited the bathroom, looking fresh in her sleepwear.

Jaehyun jolted from his position as he gazed up to his beaming wife, "Sweetheart… Is this… Is this…?"

Yerim chuckled as she sat next to him, "Cute, right? Our beans."

Jaehyun gaped and turned to her who was smiling brightly, "Come here."

Yerim let him lift her onto his lap as he pulled her into his embrace.

"How far along?" He asked, his voice coming barely above a whisper.

"9 weeks. That explains the chubbiness," Yerim grinned, patting her tummy softly.

"You're keeping this from me for two months?!" This time Jaehyun yelled.

"It was supposed to be a surprise! Do you know how awkward it is going to the hospital for a checkup without a husband?! I also just found out two weeks ago," Yerim pouted.

"I'm sorry. You should've told me," Jaehyun apologized.

"It's okay. At first, I thought I was just having false symptoms and I didn't want to get your hopes up. I got checked when I accompanied Herin unnie for her checkup. Then I decided to wait until your birthday."

Jaehyun caressed her cheek and sighed, "When's your next appointment? I want to come."

"Next week, on Wednesday. Make some time, okay?"

"Of course. God, I can't believe we're finally having a baby," Jaehyun sighed before pulling her into a hug.

Yerim laughed, "A baby, you said? Ya, did you check my present meticulously?"

"What…?"

Yerim pulled back and grabbed the box. She took the sonogram picture and pointed at the two weird bean shaped white shadows. She also picked up a document that looks like a medical report. "Goodness, you should've read them! Do you know what this is?" Yerim pointed at the picture.

"Is that the head and is that the ?" Jaehyun asked innocently, causing Yerim to burst into laughter.

"No, silly! This thing is a whole body."

"T-there's two of them, though…"

"Indeed," Yerim shrugged with a knowing smile.

"Wait… Are we having twins?!"

Yerim nodded excitedly as Jaehyun beamed happily.

"God, oh God. Really?"

Yerim nodded again, bringing his hand under her pajama top so he could lay it flat against the small, barely noticeable, bulge on her stomach.

"I'm not supposed to be showing this much at 9 weeks. But since I'm carrying two, it's much more prominent."

Jaehyun's fingers trembled as he carefully caressed her soft tummy.

"Babies, that's your father saying hi," Yerim cooed, bringing a smile to Jaehyun's face.

"Jesus Christ… Two at the same time?" He asked, still in disbelief.

"Hmm."

Jaehyun chuckled, "Wow, I'm that powerful, huh?"

Yerim rolled her eyes and playfully slapped his chest, "My mother has a twin sister, remember? Jungwoo oppa also has twin daughters. I have the genes."

"Does that mean we'll be having little Yerims?"

Yerim shrugged as she slid down from his lap, storing the shoebox away. "Nah, I have a feeling I have to take care of three Jaehyuns after this."

 

Notes

hello peeps! it's been.... almost a year since the last bonus lol. it's jaehyun's birthday, so i said it, let's make another bonus chapter! (((and i've been jaeri deprived, and there's an apparent lack of jaeri content in this server, so i said, i'll make one myself then lmao))). promise this will be the last bonus and i will not drag this story any longer!

it's feb 14 here where i live, so happy birthday to jaehyun, and happy valentine's day to everyone! please consider this a little val's day gift from me. i love you all <3

p.sdon't forget to support the upcoming nct 127 comeback, y'all! and oh, stay safe from the covid pandemic. hope you all stay healthy and happy, always. love!

Layout by Fin