bonus//oo3

vivre
bonus 3
003

 

Yerim scrunched her nose and blinked her eyes blearily. She reached out for her husband and frown when she felt the space next to her is empty and cold. It's not even 5 in the morning, for God's sake!

She reluctantly sat up. Where is Jaehyun? They just spent a ‘quite’ intimate time before sleep and how dare he left just like that!

She looked around for her articles of clothing and gave up immediately. She'll look for them later in the morning. She grabbed her and slide them on, before picking up his shirt which was lying haphazardly at the foot of their bed. She lazily put it on and buttoned only a few buttons since she's lazy before padding outside barefooted.

She could hear the sound of her keyboard and the low humming of her husband's voice. She leaned against her door frame and smiled knowingly. She's glad Jaehyun enjoyed playing the musical device more and more these days.

Jaehyun looked up from the keyboard and stopped playing when he noticed her looking at him.

"Oh, sorry! Was I too loud?"

Yerim chuckled at his panic expression before approaching him.

"Nah. It's just you weren't there next to me so I woke up. Why are you up so early, huh?"

Jaehyun smiled when he saw her donning his shirt. He liked this look on her. He pulled her to sit on his lap and gently dove his face on her neck, liking the fact that he could smell his scent on her.

"I wanted to pee. After that I couldn't go back to sleep."

Yerim hummed and leaned against him before pressing random chords sleepily.

"Shall we go back to bed again?" He offered when he noticed her yawning.

Yerim grinned and turned around to lock her arms around his neck, "I thought you'd never ask."

♦♦♦

This time, when Jaehyun woke up, she wasn't by his side. He groaned and blinked his eyes opened. He glanced at the bedside clock. It's nearly ten in the morning and Yerim is nowhere in sight.

"Rim?"

He called out for her but she didn't answer so he checked the bathroom, the living room, and the kitchen.

“Baby?”

She's nowhere in sight. He stood in front of the dining table and noticed several food containers with a sticky note taped to the lid.

 

hey, husband.

i have to go to supervise a recording. don't forget to eat breakfast. i'll be back for lunch.

xo - rim.

 

Jaehyun smiled and sat down before opening the boxes where she prepared some rice balls and stuffed tofu skins. He has the best wife.

♦♦♦

Yerim carefully cut down the recording file and stacked several recorded vocals. She nodded contently when she heard the final product.

"I think it sounds better this way," she turned to a fellow composer.

"Thank you, Yerim-sshi. Thanks for coming here on such short notice, and on the weekend on top of it. We didn't know the station wants the music to be released earlier."

Yerim brushed the woman off, "Eyy, it's fine. By the way, I think it would sound prettier if we added a string section on the second verse."

Yerim tried pressing a few notes on the keyboard after connecting it to the violin preset on the computer.

"See?"

The other composer smiled, "That's beautiful. What about adding it to the final chorus as well?"

Yerim nodded when she felt her cell phone buzzing.

"Continue on, I gotta take this."

She picked up the call, recognizing her husband's voice immediately.

"Oppa!"

"What are you doing today? You left me alone in bed."

"Serves you right. I had to supervise a mixing. Why are you calling?"

"Can't a husband calls his wife because he missed her?"

Yerim laughed at his cheesy response, "Fine, fine. Point taken. It's already 11, I'll be heading back home soon."

"Hmm… How about we go out?"

"Out?"

"Hmm. I'll pick you up in an hour."

A smile bloom on her face, "Sweet! Eh? But I'm bringing my own car today…"

"I'll go there by taxi. I'll drive your car later."

"A Hyundai heir riding conventional taxi? What a sight to see," Yerim . She could almost hear him roll his eyes from the other line.

"It's just a taxi ride. So. See you at twelve?"

"See you at twelve."

"Alright. I love you."

"Love you m--"

"I love you more!"

Yerim blinked when he ended the call abruptly, laughing at his childish behavior.

♦♦♦

Jaehyun rolled in his bed with a stupid grin decorating his face. He finally understood what Jungwoo said before that life will be much better once he address his feelings with Yerim. There was no awkwardness between them now, and they were much more comfortable with each other--as indicated by the steamy sessions they frequently shared.

Jungwoo was also right that having intimate contact with each other is a good way to strengthen the marriage bond. So far, Jaehyun has been loving his life as a husband more than anything.

Stretching his limbs like a cat, he finally slid out of bed and walked to the bathroom to freshen up. He finished dressing up quickly, already impatient to see his wife.

As the heir of Hyundai, the last time he took a cab was probably a long time ago during college when he ran away from his father’s assistant that was tasked with keeping an eye on him. But right now, he’s standing in the lobby of his penthouse complex, hailing a cab, to see his wife.

Talk about sacrifice!

He arrived at Lotte quickly, entering the red colored building, earning polite bows by employees that passed by. People knew he was Yerim’s husband, which means he’s the Lotte’s big boss’ son-in-law. He wanted to go upstairs but to be honest, he didn’t know where Yerim currently is right now, so he decided to lounge by the café on the first floor.

Which was not entirely a good idea. People knew of his existence as the Hyundai heir who married the Lotte heiress, which was a very famous songwriter and creative director. It doesn’t help either that there were two songs that Yerim wrote for him. He was mildly uncomfortable with all the stares he’s getting as he ordered a cup of coffee. He sent a text to his wife, tapping his feet anxiously on the marbled floor as he waits for her to finish her work.

Oppa!”

He looked up and grinned when he saw Yerim exiting the elevator, a slight bounce on her steps as she approached him.

“Hey,” he smiled as he stood up, welcoming her into his arms. He knew people are watching but he could care less. He’s hugging Yerim and that’s all that matters.

“Where are we going, again?” Yerim handed him her keys as they arrived at the basement to retrieve her car.

“Honestly speaking, I don’t know? I don’t really have a plan, y’know. Do you have any place in mind?” he asked as he entered the car.

“I’m actually not that hungry… But I won’t reject food! Maybe something light?” she asked.

“Hmm… Myeongdong? We haven't been there in such a long time.”

Yerim grinned. Ever since she brought him to Myeongdong for Christmas that one time, he has been taking a particular liking to that place. Mostly for the variety of food sold there.

“Of course!”

♦♦♦

Yerim hummed as she chewed on the warm eomuk. Jaehyun smiled, pinching her cheek, before taking a bite for himself.

“I haven’t had eomuk in weeks. It’s so good,” Yerim giggled.

“I know. I’m craving for some mayak kimbap as well. Should we buy some?” Jaehyun asked, chewing the remaining bites of eomuk on the stick he’s holding.

“And a small portion of tteokbokki, please?” Yerim batted her eyelashes.

“Let’s share a portion of each food, how’s that sound? I think we still need to save some space for some hotteok for dessert?” Jaehyun chuckled.

Yerim grinned and nodded excitedly.

“Wait here, I’ll buy it,” Jaehyuk patted her head.

Yerim looked around and smiled. She hasn’t been able to go on places like this her whole life. Mostly because her father’s people are everywhere. It doesn’t help either that she had a fight with him during that one time he figured out that she’s been making music. Her father hasn’t been too strict at her job, but he did become stricter in terms of her image. She rarely had the opportunities to go grocery shopping in the market. Mostly, she had to shop at high-end supermarket which she doesn’t really enjoy because the food was not as fresh despite being pricier. And if her father knew she’s eating street food in the middle of Myeongdong… God know what would happen to her.

Yerim swung her legs happily as she took pictures using her phone, enjoying the nice ambience of the shopping district. She waved her hand excitedly when she spotted Jaehyun walking from the distance.

Her cellphone buzzed and she read an incoming message from her brother.

 

Jungwoo oppa

Did you block appa’s secretary? Well, he called me because he saw you in the middle of Myeongdong alone???

Jungwoo oppa

Well, wait until appa knows because I’m sure his men are out there watching you, not just his secretary!!!

Jungwoo oppa

Bad news, bad news, appa is on a meeting in the hotel near Myeongdong. LEAVE. THE. AREA. RN!!! Call jaehyun or smth??!?!? Don't take the subway appa will chop your head off if he knew and trust me HE'LL KNOW

 Jungwoo oppa

Hello sis don't ignore me?!?! when I said he's on a meeting, what I meant is I’m ACTUALLY sitting next to big boss and he’s furiously reading some text messages rn, prob from his men SO FLEE THE OUT OF THERE KIM YERIM!!!

Yerim glanced at the big hotel across the street and she noticed a familiar black Mercedes Benz, and also the few men standing next to it.

“Oh, boy…”

“Hey, I got the—whoa!” Jaehyun yelped when Yerim quickly pulled his arms.

“My father’s men saw us!”

“What?!”

Yerim giggled as she watched a few of those men running towards the shopping district from the hotel when they saw her running away.

“Hey, why are we running?” Jaehyun asked as he tried to balance the foods in his hands.

“We’re escaping! Yay!” Yerim shrieked as she pulled him into random alleys.

Jaehyun chuckled as he ran along with her. Life is never boring when you married a rebellious chaebol daughter.

 

Notes

hello from me who's been cooped inside my dorm for more than 2 weeks and i'm slowly rotting here

surprise, i'm back?!?! i read the prev bonus chapter and cringed at the fluff but i was so bored during this quarantine/lockdown/self-isolation/social distancing period so my dumb self decided to make a continuation of that

this is purely unedited and written at like 4 p.m today lol.

anyways jaehyun in kick eat is such a treat for the eyes and the ears and watching his fancams was a religious experience for me this era

also shameless promotion of my other jaeri story: catch him if you can p.s it has johnny too and doyoung too and trust me watching johnjaedo in kick it era FUELED me to the brim with ideas

bye y'all thank you for reading//commenting//subscribing//upvoting, stay safe everyone! hope the pandemic is ending soon!

Layout by Fin