oo3

vivre
No Romance YEt?
003

When morning comes, she woke up at 7 a.m dot, fluttering her eyes open, nearly screaming when she saw his face inches from her own.

She remembered that he had finally went home and is living permanently with her now. She took her time studying his face. He was sleeping on his stomach; his head was facing her side. One of his arms is stretched, laying softly on top of her torso. It doesn’t seem like the most comfortable position to sleep in, but he looked like he was sleeping soundly, She carefully pried his hand away, as she escaped the bed.

She held her breath when he mumbled and turn into another position before resuming his sleep. She sighed in relief before exiting their room to start on making breakfast. She figured that he has a newfound excitement on Korean homemade food, so she decided on making some bokkeumbap for breakfast.

They had several beefs left over from their galbitang dinner so she shreds them and refry them with rice, kimchi bits, and assorted spices. She picked 2 eggs to make two sunny side ups as a side dish. She sprinkled some scallions on top of the rice, setting the skillet on top of the dining table. She guessed he had never eaten something straight from the pan so she wants to introduce him to a whole new eating experience.

He appeared from the bedroom soon, still with his bed hair.

“Morning,” she smiled as she put the eggs on two separate small plates, setting them on the dining table.

“Morning. It smells really good it woke me up effectively,” he croaked. He walked to the coffee machine to find out she already started making coffee.

“You’ve already started on the coffee,” he said.

She shrugged, “We all need caffeine to get through our day, right?”

He poured out 2 cups of coffee. He puts a dash of sugar, skipping the cream before turning to her. “Cream? Sugar?” he asks.

“1 teaspoon each,” she said. He puts in sugar and cream according to her preference before bringing the cups to the dining table. They sipped their coffee in silence, enjoying the warmth that spread through their body. He eyed the pan in front of him in curiousity.

“I think you have never eaten straight from a skillet. So today, I’m making bokkeumbap where you can eat straight from the pan,” she grinned before pushing the egg plate and a spoon to his direction. “Try it,” she smiled.

“So I just dig in?” He asked as he stared at the pan curiously.

She giggled at his innocence, “Of course. Go ahead.”

He took a spoonful of rice warily and hummed in delight. It is very delicious. Spicy due to the gochujang, slightly acidic from the kimchi, and a hint of sweetness from the beef. “Is this the galbitang leftover?” he asked.

She nodded before taking a spoonful of rice for herself. “Is it good?” she asks, looking at him hopefully. He nodded before taking a bite of his egg. “I told you before you can be a chef if you wanted to. Everything you made is delicious,” he exclaimed.

She brushed him off and urged him to finish his meal. “Are you going to the company today?” he asked. She nodded as she went to the sink to wash the dishes. “One of the groups is recording my song. I have to supervise,” she said. He nodded.

♦♦♦

Yerim shook herself out of her blazer and roll the sleeves of her blouse before entering the recording booth. “Oh, Director Kim!” the audio mixer greeted as he stood up from his chair. The group of five girls rushed to stand on their feet before bowing.

“Have you started the recording?” she asked the leader as she made herself comfortable on a chair. The girl with the short hair shakes her head, “Not yet, seonsaengnim, we were all waiting for you to split the part. We all have memorized and practiced for all part,” she explained.

Yerim nodded. “Okay, I’m going to listen to each of you sing and figure which part suits you guys,” she added with a smile.

♦♦♦

The recording finished in an hour. Yerim walked back to her office, grabbed her blazer, before barging into her brother’s office. “Wanna grab lunch?” Her brother looked up from his laptop, grinning, “Sure thing, sweetie.”

They ended up eating at the company’s cafeteria. Yerim twirled the pasta using her fork as she watched her brother talked to his daughter through the phone. “Jihee?” she asked.

Jongdae nodded. “Ever since Seungwan got pregnant, she’s been a bit jealous. But it’s still fine until now, she just needs reassurance,” he brushed off.

“It seems cute,” Yerim commented and Jongdae sighed, “It is most of the time, but there are times when she went into a full-blown tantrum. Maybe Seungwan and I should learn how to divide our attention better before the baby is born. We can’t just let Jihee be jealous and sad all the time, she’s our daughter too and we love her.”

“Were you guys jealous when Mom had me?” Yerim asks. Her brother chuckled and shook his head.

“Truthfully, I was kind of non-chalant about it. Joonmyun hyung is always the nicest one. He never voiced it but he was silently stressed out. I mean he has two brothers. I was very naughty back then. And Jungwoo was only like 7 or 8 months old when mom got pregnant with you. But after learning we’re finally getting a girl sibling, we were ecstatic,” Jongdae smiled.

“Really?”

He nodded. “Yeah. It’s a little rowdy at home with 3 boys, so learning that there will be a little girl this time, excites us. Even little Jungwoo liked your existence. He was never jealous. I’m just hoping I had a son this time, maybe this will ease Jihee’s nervousness regarding another sibling.”

She nodded. She made a mental note to visit his brother’s family soon, she cannot wait to see the little princess Jihee.

“How about you and Jaehyun? You guys are not fighting or something, right?” he asked.

“It’s fine. He was constantly out of home the first 3 months. Now he’s back, and we’re hovering between the awkward and buddy-buddy category. I mean, he lets me be free so it’s a good thing, but yeah. The start wasn’t as rocky as what Jungwoo oppa and Herin unnie had, but seeing how they both are right now, I guess my own marriage wouldn’t be reaching that level soon,” Yerim commented.

“He lets you be free? What do you mean by that?”

“Well, he was always not at home, and so I decided to stop the cook from coming, and told the cleaning lady to come on Mondays only. I was lonely and bored, okay? I cooked by myself, i did all the house chores. It felt…. refreshing,” she smiled and Jongdae nodded. He knew his little sister has a rather unique definition of freedom but he understood that she just wanted to be normal.

“And he’s okay with that?”

“He’s not judging. He was confused, but he enjoyed my cooking so he let me be,” Yerim shrugged as she sipped on her ice tea.

“So, no romance yet?” Jongdae asked with a teasing grin and Yerim rolled her eyes. “Oh, please. It took Jungwoo oppa and Herin unnie nearly a year. It’ll probably take me longer,” she sighed.

“But he’s nice to you right?” He asked, his brotherly instinct kicking in. She nodded.

“His personality is kind of like Joonmyun oppa. Docile and polite.”

Jongdae nodded, probably it will take them a few months and he just wanted her baby sister to be happy.

“Oh, by the way, don’t forget Lotte Anniversary party this Friday, okay? Make sure you bring your hubby with you.”

 

Oh shoot. She forgot.

 
Notes

Hi! Sorry it took a while to write a new update. Hope you understand how Yerim stands in this relationship. Regarding Jaehyun's thought... let's wait until the next update rolled in, shall we? ;) Next update will talk about the party. Please anticipate and thank you for stopping by to read my story!

P.S Have you guys check out Yerim's song? Dear Diary? It was such a great song! I've been dying to listen to the official recording version since Secret Unnie aired. They changed the song a bit but it was still good, nonetheless. Please keep showering our Yerim with love~

 
Layout by Fin