o1o

vivre
stepping in
010

“Two weeks had passed, and Yerim still didn’t get better. She was definitely unhappy with her current work arrangement but she’s not doing anything about it. It was weird for Jaehyun, because Yerim was not the type that will bow down easily to her parents’ request. But she really didn’t step her foot to the agency at all.

Jaehyun promised her he would drive her to her new office every day, and pick her up later on, to help cheer her up. It worked to some extent, but she’s still feeling blue. He had called her oldest brother, Joonmyun, and he confirmed that Yerim indeed work really well, she’s smart and effective. But everybody can see she didn’t enjoy working there even though she did a marvelous job.

Jaehyun glanced at her who was very silent as he picked her up from work. She was fiddling with the hem of her skirt as she stared out of the window. Deciding he couldn’t stand seeing her down he decided to make a U turn.

“Wait? Why are you…” Yerim looked at him in disbelief when she realized the car changing direction.

“Let’s have dinner outside. You look like you could use some drinks,” Jaehyun answered softly.

Yerim was stunned. But she smiled and touch his hand which was resting on the gear, “Thank you.”

♦♦♦

They arrive shortly on a small shady pojangmacha that would give their parents a heart attack if they knew their children enjoy going to these kinds of places. Truthfully, Jaehyun didn’t mind. After marrying Yerim, he enjoyed going to places like these.

After ordering some snacks and soju, they sat down. The order came and Yerim didn’t wait long to pour herself a shot.

“I won’t stop you until I deemed it dangerous, but take it easy,” Jaehyun said as he pour himself a shot.

Yerim gave him a thankful smile before pouring herself another shot.

“I wondered…” Jaehyun spoke carefully after downing his alcohol.

“Hmm?”

“You never obey your parents’ request this easily.”

Yerim downed another shot before speaking, “He threatened to disband NCT. or SRG. Basically, the groups under me. They did nothing wrong; they don’t deserve this. I can’t let him do that to my students.”

“H-how? I mean how come? They brought in a lot of money for Lotte, they were very successful, I don’t think your father could do that...”

“He can, oppa. He can. He’s a man of power. He has more authority than me and my three brothers combined. He can do whatever he ing wants to do. He can oppress my own brother. Heck, he can even oppress the higher ups in Lotte ent. if he wanted to.”

Jaehyun squeezed her hand to calm her down. “But working in the department store... You’re unhappy.”

“I know. But I’d rather be unhappy alone than to rip out the happiness of those kids. They’re innocent. They don’t deserve being tangled in this fight with my father.”

Jaehyun grimaced at the bitter taste of the soju before turning his attention back at her. He understood her feelings.

“He… He told me I was a disgrace. And embarrassment not only to my family but also to you. And.. and I realized. I was indeed very selfish when I married you.”

“Rim…” Jaehyun squeezed her hand and traced soothing patterns on he knuckles when he saw her struggling to produce words.

Yerim shook her head and spoke softly, “No. I am. I forced you to have the same lifestyle as I am. You had to adapt to my choice of doing. I... I was inconsiderate. My father was right. I’m so sorry, oppa. I’m really spoiled, aren’t I?”

She had her head hung low and he could see tears slowly escaping her eyes.

“Oh, Yerim... That’s not true! After marrying you... I became better! You inspired me in so many different ways. You show me how to be courageous. You’re the best wife I could ever ask and I was more than grateful that I was arranged to marry you? So, never ever second thought yourself, okay?”

Instead she broke into tears as she threw herself into his embrace. “Thank you, for believing me.”

♦♦♦

Jaehyun entered the big Lotte Corporation main building followed by his secretary and he was instantly welcomed by his father-in-law secretary.

“Mr. Jung!”

Jaehyun bowed politely at the older male, “Secretary Koo.”

Sajangnim just finished a meeting and is now waiting for your arrival. Please let me you to his room,” Secretary Koo bowed politely.

Jaehyun quietly followed the man until he arrived at his father-in-law’s office. Secretary Koo knocked the door and revealed the old man inside who was casually reading newspaper in his office couch.

“Oh, Jaehyun-ah, you’ve arrived! Come sit down. Secretary Koo, please brew him some coffee.” Jaehyun waited as Secretary Koo came with two cups of coffee. He sipped his coffee in silence and glanced at the old man in front of him.

“I have an idea of what you’re trying to discuss with me. Is it regarding my daughter?” Jaehyun nodded cautiously. “I’m really sorry for the disturbance that my daughter has brought to you and the Jung family during the one-year you guys have been married. I sincerely hope we can mend our relationship. My daughter has been such a disappointment lately and I apologize I haven’t discipline her until a few weeks ago.”

Jaehyun shook his head, “It’s the other way around, abeonim. I don’t think our Yerim had done anything wrong. The one year I got to spend with her has brought me nothing but joy. Yerim made me happier, and I changed a lot. For the better. Yerim was always bubbly and she always cheer me up with her playful antics, but lately she wasn’t acting like her normal self. I think... working in the department store is not good for her.”

Yerim’s father furrowed his brows. “I’m doing what’s best for her, Jaehyun-ah.”

“I’m sorry if I appeared rude, but honestly, what abeonim did was what’s best for the family’s image. Not what’s best for her. Yerim was really happy when she’s making music and creating choreography. NCT and SRG’s immense success… it’s all her creation.”

“She came from a powerful family. As someone who’s also a multiple generation chaebol yourself I think you understand what I mean. She’s not suited to do low stuffs like that,” his father in law retaliated.

“But sir, the biggest revenue that Lotte ent. made, came not only for the senior artist, but also from NCT and SRG. They gather a lot of profit for the agency with their album sales and latest Asia tour. With SRG being called the power rookie of the year, Lotte ent is currently owning the market. It’s all Yerim’s hard work. She had the golden hands in this industry. I think Jongdae hyung can testify on how Yerim’s work managed to help the company grow immensely.”

Jaehyun sipped his coffee and took a breath before continuing. “Yerim was happy when she’s in her element. As her husband… I cannot stand seeing her in despair like this. I think, I have to step in. I have contacted Jongdae hyung and notify him that Yerim should start working in the agency again. It’s what’s best for her. I only want her to be happy and healthy. Suppressing her from doing things that she loves will only be detrimental for her. I’m really sorry for crossing the line, but it’s for Yerim’s own good. I wanted her to be genuinely happy. She’s my wife and I want nothing but the best for her. I’m sorry, please excuse me. Thank you for accepting my arrival today, abeonim.”

Jaehyun deeply bowed before leaving the room, feeling a big weight had already been lifted from his shoulder.

♦♦♦

Yerim tucked her blouse into her pencil skirt as she stood in front of the mirror.

“Are you wearing that to work?” Jaehyun mused as he leaned against the door frame, glancing at her formal wear and the uncomfortable looking pointy high heels.

Wae? It’s an appropriate work attire. I’m not in Lotte ent. anymore, hubby. I can’t just strut in a hoodie and lead a meeting looking like I’m about to drop some dance moves,” she rolled her eyes.

Jaehyun shrugged before taking his car key with a playful grin, “Suit yourself. Shall we go now?”

Yerim nodded as she picked up her purse.

She was immersed in reading the news on her cellphone. Even though she’s not allowed to meddle with NCT and SRG, but NCT’s comeback is coming really soon. They have shot the MV and the album jacket. They have also finished recording everything. The teaser has been released. She felt the need to monitor their progress. So far, the comments on Naver was positive. She’s glad her brother is managing them well without her presence.

“We’ve arrived,” Jaehyun announced.

“Oh, okay,” Yerim locked her phone before unbuckling her seatbelt. She then looked up in shock.

It’s not Lotte Department Store main office! It’s the agency!

Oppa! Why are you bringing me to the agency?”

“I’m driving you to work,” Jaehyun shrugged as he exited the car and took something out from the back chair before opening the passenger door. “Come on.”

Yerim lifted her brows, “What?”

“Come on, I’m going to be late,” Jaehyun rolled his eyes before pulling her with him.

She was genuinely confused. “Oppa, if my father find out he’ll—“

“Even if he does, he won’t do anything,” Jaehyun winked as he dragged her along with him.

She tried to match his long strides, feeling panic rose inside her. She’s excited to be back but she’s scared of her father’s reaction.

“Have fun today, okay? I don’t want you to be sad,” Jaehyun grinned before opening the main practice room door widely, revealing the whole NCT and SRG members with their managers, Yerim’s AR team and secretary, even her brother Jongdae and his secretary. They had party hats on, Renjun was holding a cake, and Lucas was holding a large banner that said, Welcome Back Our Beloved Yerim Ssaem.

“Guys..” She turned back to Jaehyun with teary eyes and Jaehyun only laughed before giving her a hug, garnering shouts and wolf whistles from the crowd.

“Come on, blow the candle!” Jongdae yelled and she laughs as she blows the candles off.

“I…”

“You can ask later, but I’m running late, so enjoy the celebration and go back to work okay?” Jaehyun mused. “And oh! I brought you clothes!” Jaehyun grinned as he shoved a duffel bag to Yerim’s arms, filled with t-shirt, sweatpants, sneakers, and her usual training gear.

“You planned this beforehand? Oh my god, thank you so much!” Yerim hugged him again, gaining another round of claps and whistles.

“Alright, alright. I’m about to miss an important meeting at this rate, I have to get going. Take care guys. And NCT, hope your comeback did well!” Jaehyun kissed Yerim’s temple before waving his hand.

“Thank you, Mr. Jung!” the whole NCT bowed.

Jaehyun smiled. Yerim’s smile today... was worth everything.

 

 

Notes

Hi! I finally finished my exams, yay! So, Yerim's problem is solved thanks to our Jung boy. Anyway, have you guys watched Superhuman? Please continue to stream and support our Jaehyun and the other NCT members too! Don't forget to stream Sappy too and support Yerim and the girls! 

Anyways, thank you so much for reading/commenting/subscribing/upvoting! Hope you guys enjoyed this update and see you on the next chapter^^

Layout by Fin