Arizona 17:12

Pathcode
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everything was engulfed in flames again. He didn’t know if the sudden headache attacks had influenced something but he knew it was not normal. His whole apartment burned in the heat of the fire, but that was not what worried him, the strange thing was that he felt no pain and much less fear of being caught in the fire. On the contrary, he felt a certain familiarity in it. Even when the temperature rose more and more and everything around him was destroying little by little.

It was at the moment that the anger and despair he had felt a few minutes ago began to fade. Not knowing his past entirely infuriated him, he had spent days with the same dreams but could not remember anything clear, it was as if there was a barrier in his head that prevented him. He knew he was close to remembering something big but could not get anything and it was in those moments when the headaches returned, this time more intense than before ... it was there when he could not control his emotions and he got angry. He started throwing the cup he had in his hands. He needed to get it all out at once.

He began to destroy everything he could find, from books to the furniture in his apartment. When he took one of the cushions and threw it with all his strength to the wall it was consumed in flames, he had no idea what was happening. He looked at his hands, which were beginning to feel warmer than normal and he returned his gaze back to the wall, which started to burn in flames as the floor of the apartment, being carpeted it did not take long to scatter the fire. Everything happened too fast that he did not have time to react.


Even if he had lost most of his things in the fire he did not give much importance, he had never considered himself a materialistic person, well at least in what he remembered. Moreover, even the people around him told him that he was a cold person without feelings, it might sound strange but for a moment he truly considered it. For some reason he felt a void in his being, something that did not allow him to be happy although he associated it with his poor memory, that is, how can someone be happy without knowing himself completely? He did not even remember many things about his past. That's why he was determined to retrieve all his memories, it was likely that maybe, just maybe that's the way he could be happy.

That is why after the fire Chanyeol had to move. He decided on a place far from everything he knew and above all, far from any emotion too strong that caused another attack as he lived, opting for a small cabin in the woods that gave him all the tranquility he needed. He could have stayed in the city, even his boss had been very understanding that he offered to increase his salary in what he recovered everything he had lost, however decided to resign.
 

In addition another factor that impelled him to leave was fear. The fire had been his fault, he was aware of it and worse still that he had not been the only person affected. Fortunately, when the commotion passed with the authorities, they declared that the real cause of the fire had been a gas leak, but the young man knew that it was not true. He knew that everything was caused by an impulse and uncontrolled anger, especially because that was not the first time something like that had happened.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter