Chapter XI

Pathcode
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm not dead, this story is still in progress, I hope someone is still interested. English is not my first lenguage so I'm sorry about posibles mistakes or typos.

This took a lot longer than I planned and even worse because I am not satisfied and wanted to update with a longer chapter.This year has definitely been extremely ... different and there were also many factors that prevented me from updating as I wanted but I will not give excuses that probably no one is interested in xD. But maybe if someone could be interested in some extra chapters of the members at different times in history, they are under the name of The beginning and in between in my profile and also in case someone wants a little extra Sulay I have, which in what I personally feel proud of what I have done there.

Thank you for reading. You can find me on twitter as @pbj2764

 

 

He felt tired and also a bit hungry. He had managed to sleep without any problems, without strange dreams for the rest of the night and the medications he had taken seemed to have worked to reduce the pain in his arm, but unfortunately that did not help for the headache he was feeling at that time, although, maybe that was because the cause of his current discomfort was not related to the events that happened in Lyon, but to Tao's insatiable complaints about absolutely everything and nothing. He had forgotten that the other could spend hours and hours talking incessantly, sometimes he wondered how things were at home before his arrival, according to the others Tao used to be very quiet and shy at first… but for some reason Jongin wasn't sure about that.

 

It was 10 in the morning when he had woken up and the others around seemed to have started their day earlier, the only thing left of the makeshift bed on the floor from the night before were the covers and cushions piled up on the side of the sofa. Junmyeon was the first to notice that Jongin had woken up and after making sure his fever had completely disappeared and checking his bandages, he quickly offered to make him some breakfast.

 

Tao seemed to be annoyed with the whole world and his way of taking it out was by complaining about everything around him, that his neck hurt from the position he had slept in, that his head hurt to the point of exploding, that he needed to return for his luggage in Lyon as well as the rest of the purchases that he had left behind when they fled. Jongin admired the patience in which Baekhyun listened to him attentively and instead of complain or reprimanding him for his priorities at the time, the younger observed how Baekhyun's face turned sad when Tao mentioned with disdain and more complaints about That guy with great strength. They knew he was referring to Kris, and the boy could guess why Baekhyun’s expression was due to the sadness he felt when hearing how Tao didn't seem to remember anything about Kris, or what he meant to him.

 

Jongin had also considered it, the possibility of finding the members and that they don't remember their past or any of them, if Kyungsoo … no, he couldn't think about that, not now. The leader chose precisely that moment to distract him from his thoughts with food, he was really hungry and perhaps the food plus a little water would help reduce his headache. He offered a few bites to Tao, who seemed to have put his complaints aside for a few seconds looking at the small plate of fruits Suho had brought as a breakfast companion, all in order to have at least a few seconds of peace and silence.

 

Minutes later Kim Jongin knew he was wrong when in fact Tao could complain even with his mind focused on other activities.

 

After breakfast, Suho changed the bandages on Jongin's arm and suggested that the younger to take a bath, Baekhyun had insisted he needed it. When the four were reunited again in the room they began to discuss.

 

Baekhyun felt anxious, had been unable to sleep after the nightmare had plagued him again last night, but had pretended to sleep because he didn’t want to worry the leader more than he already was, after all the knew that the leader already had too many problems in his head and didn't want to add another burden. And although he had managed to deceive him, it seemed that Tao had realized it, not because he woke up at night in fact the minor was still having a deep sleep as he remembered, but rather because he made an observation first thing in the morning about how "haggard” he looked and the noticeable bags under his eyes, a sign that he hadn’t had enough sleep and how it seemed that it was damaging his complexion and the rest of his skin care. Baekhyun wondered how the younger one cared about learning and remembering that kind of information instead of remembering his past.

 

They had a chance to fill in the details in their stories now that everyone's condition was better, but that had only left a tense atmosphere on them.

 

“I hold my theory strong, if this guy is who you say he is, he was brainwashed.” Tao spoke without concern while he was still focused on his phone. The rest began to wonder how he even got money to continue spending on purchases. “I admit that his strength and aggressiveness took me by surprise but hey, I really wasn't 100% of my condition, everything was spinning and I felt like my head was going to explode at any moment. I demand a rematch. I think I can defeat him in hand-to-hand combat.”

 

It would be the first time. Suho thought. Kris could always read Tao's movements. They had trained together since they arrived and the younger one used to continually get frustrated when things didn't go his way or when he lost to any match or competition so he used to act hastily unlike Kris, who calculated his every move in advance to guarantee his victories.

 

He took a deep breath trying to think of the possibilities they had. Jongin insisted that they should find the rest of the members and then decide on an elaborate plan to attack against the doctors, Tao suggested returning to Lyon for a rematch and getting their purchases back and Baekhyun had been silent most of the time, though the leader knew he was bowing at Jongin’s idea.

 

"We can't move while Jongin is still hurt, but we can't let our guard down either. If they found us in Lyon, they will probably find us here too.” He tried to look each one of them in the eye as he spoke and his tone made them understand that he had made a decision, but Jongin didn't want to believe what he was hearing.

 

“Hyung , we could leave at any time. It’s not that serious and you know that my condition is not a problem, we train for situations like these.”

 

"We trained a long time ago. We’ll stay a few more days, we must do everything possible not to attract attention. We are a bit far from the nearest town and the weather will help us. I will keep a light fog around us-”

 

"Can you do that?" Tao cut him off incredulously.

 

"... We'll take turns standing guard and watching the surroundings, I'll take the first turns."

 

“Aren't you listening? I can take us anywhere, no need to wait. We are wasting time.”

 

"No, you are not listening. What if we meet more doctors while traveling and we must face them? Would you put others at risk by protecting yourself while you're hurt? '' Jongin averted his gaze for a few seconds before claiming.

 

“I can protect myself! I don’t need-“

 

"You had a bullet in your arm no more than 24 hours ago, Baekhyun nearly died of suffocation in Kris's hands and Tao must learn to control his abilities again. We are not fully recovered, we are tired and we have little information. We will stand aside for a while and that’s final.”  Suho left the room in the direction of the door still annoyed, while the rest did not dare to say another word. A few seconds later, Tao ran in the leader's direction after looking at the other two with a bit of uncertainty.

 

Jongin stood up and began to walk around the room in order to calm down, he felt annoyed and not because Suho had been exasperated to the point of raising his voice, which rarely happened in him, nor because he had spoken without take everyone's opinion into consideration, as he seemed to have made a decision on his own. What bothered him was that the older was right.

 

He had seen the dark marks on Baekhyun's neck and although he tried to pretend that he was fine, Jongin had heard the scratchy tone in which he had sounded in the morning. He had also noticed his eyes, which like Suho's showed how none of them had slept much during the night and he couldn't put aside that Tao's help had been a of luck when he himself had heard that he had recently discovered his skills. To this he had to add his own situation, he still felt tired, his arm felt sore and the wound hasn’t closed yet, he knew that he could fight if necessary but he also felt a little weak and the painkillers were affecting his senses, feeling his body heavy and lethargic.

 

“This is not fair. We have to do something” He whispered impatiently.

 

"He's worried, Jongin."  Baekhyun's tone was serious as he kept his gaze in the direction Suho had left. He could hear Tao calling him in the distance. "Try to put yourself in his place. You know how it has been all along with his sense of protection and also think about what this whole picture looks like from his position. We've run from the doctors twice and not just them, but Kris as well.” The mention of his name now awakened a different feeling in them, even if it was involuntary it was something they now had to face.

 

"He is one of us, he is our brother and it seems as if he doesn’t remember us, not to mention that he seems to obey the enemy who wants to capture us again. And suddenly you appear with Tao by your side, but he doesn’t remember us either, even if his personality doesn't seem to have changed ... if we try to fight him… he has become stronger.” Baekhyun still remembered the marks on his arms after he struggled with Kris in the alleys around the church in Lyon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter