Chapter V

Pathcode
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:  IMPORTANT

First of all thank you soooooo much for the 100  subscriptions and comments on the chapters, It makes me happy that some can enjoy my stories, so In honor of that I have a small announcement before the chapter. When I started with this story, I thought of many moments among the members not only of the ships but also with the rest. Some of them are within the chapters as memories but I didn't want the essence of the current plot to be completely lost so I decided to publish them separately, they are within this pathcode series as well as in the future it will also have a side-story of characters that will be revealed later.

The chapters that are within the other series are not obligatory in terms of the order of the story but they do have mentions or about any of the moments that are played. They won't carry a specific order in publication.

Some of them came up as gifts for my betas but I am also willing to accept recommendations and "requests" in the comments or messages regarding interactions between any of the members.

If you're interested you can check The Beginning and In Between

English is not my first language, you can also find me on twitter

Again, Thank you so much!!! and Enjoy

 

 

Afternoons in the library were not very crowded, some students from the nearest university used to visit it often but they were always in small groups so Chen had no reason to complain. His work at the counter gave him a lot of free time so instead of complaining he even had the time to order the books on the shelves, it was what he liked best about his job. He also had access to a large number of books and took advantage of every free moment immersing himself in a new story.

 

Although he had to be honest, he had been involved in the same book for several days, one that had caught his attention. One day while collecting the books that had been returned to the bookstore he noticed how one of them stood out, the borders looked old and worn and when he opened it his pages were yellowish but still with his letters very visible and easy to read, however what seemed most strange is that the book did not show any name on its cover and much less on the back of this.

 

The young man thought that surely some of the people who returned books that morning must have been confused, at first he thought of leaving it right where he found it, on one of the tables in the reading area so that if someone had forgotten it I could return for him at any time. So he decided to organize the rest of the books, since these had not been many his task ended up being simpler and taking less time than usual.

 

Curiosity being one of his greatest sins, caused him to meet a few hours later at the counter, in what he was waiting for the possible visitors with the book in front of him. He didn’t know why but it was strangely familiar.

 

It told the story of a very similar world in which they lived, however it was ruled by superior celestial forces that could grant eternal life and special abilities, which is why over time, the inhabitants turned greedy and anxious to get. That is why the different forces combined to maintain and balance the world, taking the form of a tree called the "tree of life". However no one knew the exact form and location of this or what differentiated it from the rest.

 

According to the legends and stories of the ancestors, they claimed that the same tree of life feared for the future of humanity so every so often it gave some of its gifts to specific people so that if some kind of catastrophe happened they could be the ones with the power of protect humanity.

 

There was one of those entities that did not agree with the others because he believed that his skills could not be shared with anyone else and he assured that nobody could be worthy of them, so he separated himself from the rest and from the same tree, creating a rupture and imbalance as well as an opening in a parallel world.

 

Although the latter was maintained as a hypothetical theory since there was no evidence of the existence of different world, when on the other hand, they did found evidence and documents of people with special abilities and how they would be the ones that brought again a balance to the world.

 

Chen knew it was simply a story in a book but for some reason his heart was beating so fast while reading and was making him feel nervous. There were a lot of thoughts running through his mind but “It was just the story of a book ... right? He returned to focus on his surroundings when he heard sounds from the other side of the library. He looked at the clock that was on the wall next to it, realizing that it was 10:30 at night, it had been half an hour since it closed, so there shouldn’t be anyone else in the place. "Had he spent so much time immersed in the book? He was sure that if his boss found out about it he would probably reprimand him so he decided to hurry.

 

The young man took the book in his arms and ventured into the corridors, walking slowly and cautiously because he felt that something was not right and felt he must be alert. He followed the sound he had heard before only to find a small cat on one of the tables he assumed had entered through one of the windows. It was a baby kitten, he was sure of since he was small with his fur patched in black, brown and white. He was so small that he did not have the heart to let him go by himself, opting to take him home with him, after all it would not hurt him a little company.  He was thinking that he would have to buy some food for the little one. He set out to take him in his arms, carrying the book with him at the same time, took a last look around the library turning off the lights of the store as he headed for the exit without realizing that ... he hadn’t been the only person in the library.

 

 

 

 

 

Even in spite of the memories of his childhood, before he could find the Ancient sages who would give him the answers he needed about who he was and that would make him see that his abilities were not something bad as his parents had made him believe from the beginning. They made him feel calmer and that a weight had been lifted from his chest.

 

Sometimes it was hard for him to believe that he had spent most of his life isolated from a "normal" life. Although it was not entirely his decision, he had been the first to manifest himself and be found by the Sages, so they all focused their attention on him.

 

In the beginning, it was difficult to survive every day with the exhaustive training routine, because he was aware that in the future he should be able to control his abilities without any problem and that would be what would allow him to help others. Maybe he felt his loneliness prolonged by the fact that he had arrived when he was only 8 years old, and he could not find a way to be distracted in such a huge place by himself, but despite his young age people used to tell him that he had a very mature mind so that mos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter