Chapter VI

Pathcode
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho knew that they had to be careful, watch behind their backs and be cautious before any unexpected situation. It had been difficult to convince Baekhyun to leave the apartment, it had been a few days since they had met and the older one wanted to be sure that the other was in good condition in case they encountered another situation like the previous one.

 

In the days they spent resting in the apartment Suho had taken the task of preparing meals making sure that Baekhyun had something in his stomach, but when he opened the refrigerator and checked he realized that there wasn’t much to do, that explained why the other seemed to have lost a lot of weight. Although he knew he couldn’t say much about himself, because he hadn’t been taking care of his health as he should be but seeing the appearance of the younger Suho's instincts woke up again. Despite Baekhyun’s fear, the leader left the apartment to supply the place with things they would need for a few days because he had in mind to leave the city once they could visit the Church again after all, Lyon was no longer a safe place.

 

Although Baekhyun preferred to stay in the apartment, Suho insisted that he had a plan. They would observe what they could in the surroundings of the Church, they would investigate what they could and they would take their things to go to Marseille. He didn’t want the other to have the risk to find them again, the mere fact of mentioning them made Baekhyun shudder especially after the talk they had had a few nights ago.

 

Suho needed all his sanity to be able to control himself and not leave at that moment in search of those who had hurt them. The oldest had always felt certainly protective for the rest of the members, they were his family and he had great appreciation for each of them, which is why if someone was injured he felt guilty for not being able to avoid it. That’s why he felt a little paranoid on the streets of Lyon, looking around and staying alert. Baekhyun was by his side clinging to the hem of his shirt with a little fear of getting lost in the crowd, after all the streets of the city were always crowded.

 

He had decided that the best thing to do was to go out in the daylight to avoid any kind of encounter, and he was sure that if in the worst case scenario those people were still hanging around the Church they wouldn’t risk creating a scene if they were surrounded by people. Or at least that’s what they would like to believe.

 

Baekhyun was the one who knew the city so he was guiding them along the streets. If they were not in such situations Suho was sure they could have taken a break for a few days. The fact of not being alone was a great relief so if the circumstances had been different they could have had the luxury of enjoying the environment. Maybe even celebrate a little.

 

Lyon was very different from Marseille. It was much more populated, although perhaps the older one perceived it that way because previously he had lived isolated on the edge of the forest thinking that in that way he would avoid any kind of problems even if he could easily have camouflaged himself in the city. Lyon looked dazzling once the sun was setting, it was the impression that had left him the night he met Baekhyun. The surroundings of the church had been open to the public although with some areas with restricted passage but that had been the reason why Baekhyun had managed to escape the last time.

 

Suho didn’t want to waste time. If they could finish this fast it would be the right thing to do so they tried to cross the city in the shortest time possible and when they reached the doors of the Church they quickly moved to one side. The area Baekhyun had told him about seemed empty, and fit the description he had given.

 

The elder had more knowledge about the legends that the Sages had warned them but the knowledge he acquired was very limited, the library they had in their old home had lost several of their important documents and even though the leader had wanted to find more information that was useful to them had been very difficult. But if they could study what Baekhyun had found, it would be very helpful, or at least that's what he expected.

 

He wasn’t sure what was in front of him. He had seen the pictures before but seeing it in person was something completely different. The engravings on the walls were seen to be years old although that didn’t mean they weren’t clear and distinctive. They were each of the symbols that represented the twelve skills they had and in the center was what seemed to be the representations of the constellations. In the upper right side a bright sun, while in the lower left was a half moon. The older recalled some of the legends detailed in the books and how even the Sun and Moon being opposite, were also seen as both faces of the same entity and that these were the ones that collided in one as an omen. The representation of that collision was an eclipse. Unfortunately Suho hadn’t managed to know its meaning, he knew it was important but not in what form and how it would be involved with all of them.

 

“Suho?” He was so focused that he hadn’t realized that Baekhuyn had been trying to get his attention for a few seconds. The older hadn’t notice that the other was a few meters away, he hurried to shorten the distance between them and observe what he pointed out. Before them was what appeared to be an arc representation of an eclipse divided into stages showing each of the phases of the moon and how the closer the became the it complete the representation of the Sun. Below it could be seen the figure of a tree which Suho had seen millions of times along with a small inscription that read:

 

" Quand la lune monte et ciel devient plus lumineux

Le ciel gris vibrera et se fendira deux fois dans l'espace ,

Le passage parallèle à quatre dimensions n'ouvre qu'une fois "

 

"When the moon rises and the sky becomes brighter, the gray sky will shake and divide twice in space, the parallel step with four dimensions only opens once" ...You know what this means Baekhyun?” Said young man just shook his head and turned his gaze to the engraving.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter