Chapter VII

Pathcode
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let me see if I got this right, are you saying that we were partners, friends almost family in a world parallel to this in which we "trained" each day with different "skills" to save our world that from one day to another was destroyed and now we are in this world trying to survive separately but you want to bring them all together again?” Tao and Jongin were at one of the tables at the back of one of the coffee shops in the city of Lyon. The boy had spent a few days following Tao, checking that his suspicions were true, Tao didn't remember anything about his past. So he decided to approach the other in the most subtle way possible but his plans did not go as planned.

 

“.... Mmm, yes. Basically that’s all you need to know at the moment.”

 

“Here you are sir.”  One of the waitresses had approached the table where they were to give Jongin a bag of ice. Because when he finally approached Tao to introduce himself, the other was so surprised and had used one of his martial arts movements by taking his arm and making a hook until he threw him on the ground, he quickly sat on his chest and gave him a blow to the face, Jongin could’ve defend himself but he was not so fast and when he less expected Tao was preparing for the next blow. The younger shouted his name quickly, managing to draw his attention and making him stop.

 

“Sorry about a while ago.” He was quick to say when he saw the other let out an exclamation of pain when he pressed the ice pack over his eye which was turning purple due to inflammation.

 

“No problem, I think at least certain things have not changed.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Jongin looked up, making eye contact with Tao and he could see the small smile appearing on the others face, one that showed a feeling of melancholy.

 

“You used to be the one who spent the most time training martial arts or physical combat.”

 

“... I'm not sure how to take that but, I believe you. I was the best in my martial arts classes. And although what you say sounds very strange, it give sense to what happened a few days ago.”

 

Seeing that Jongin did not understand what he meant, he looked sideways making sure no one was listening. “Listen, I know this sounds a little strange but ... I think I'm different from other people.”

 

“That’s exactly what I just said Tao, we are not even human, weren’t you paying attention?

 

“Yes, Yes, I heard your blah-blah-blah but I mean, I'm special.” The child was not sure if it was due to the fatigue of the effort he had made in recent days or the fact that his head was constantly pressing for the blow he had received but was beginning to get irritated, he felt that they were wasting time.

 

“I think I have super powers.”

 

“... Yes ... and?”

 

“What does that not surprise you? That's not normal.”

 

“I told you, none of us is normal, we all have different abilities. Yours is time.”

 

“You know, your tone is not very friendly.”

 

“It would be if someone hadn't thrown me on the floor, what is wrong with you? You can't go around attacking anyone who approaches you.”

 

“Well, sorry for reacting that way” Now his tone did not seem sincere. “You would too if strangers were following you.”

 

Jongin knew exactly what he meant. That feeling of being observed, feeling the expectation of any approach, distrust of everyone around him.

 

“Have you seen anyone strange these days?”

 

“You could say so. That is why I traveled here, honestly panic seized me after I met a very strange guy. Too bad, Spain was a good place.”

 

“Yeah, I've been there before. It’s really an amazing place. Wait a moment, Spain ... were you in Barcelona?”

 

“Yes. How did you know?”

 

Instead of answering, Jongin just showed him the message he had received a few days ago. By the date Tao deduced that he had been received a day before he was in the cafeteria. They tried to track the sender, but it was useless.

 

“Who could have sent that message?”

 

“I don't have the slightest idea, but they wanted us to meet there. But you left…?”

 

He didn't know why but Tao felt nervous trying to remember what had happened that day, even when he related what happened he had a bad feeling. And more now that they knew there was someone trying to move them. Jongin hurriedly got up from the chair scaring the other, who left the money on the table, took his bags and followed him.

 

He had to jog a little to keep up with Jongin but due to his height it didn't take long.

 

“Hey, hey wait. Where are you going?”

 

“We must hurry. If what you saw means what I think it is, we are in trouble.” Jongin could feel his heart racing. Now everything made sense. The initial plan was to go to Barcelona but someone intercepted him because in reality if Tao had moved from there his presence wouldn’t have any sense in the place, he would ended up running in circles. “And that would also explain why I am here. If Lyon was in one of the cities… there must be someone else, someone who is probably in danger.”

 

“Ok. I understand that but, how are we going to find whoever we are looking for?” It was a good point, Jongin stopped to think a little. He looked around and felt lost, the frustration he had felt before came rushing back to him. Although even if now counts with Tao’s company he still felt lost, no matter where he saw they were surrounded by people, Did the people of the city ever slept?

 

He thought that maybe the area could be a reference that should be taken into account and had to trust that everything was happening for a reason. Maybe they really shouldn't go anywhere and all they had to do was wait. He took Tao's hand and began to guide him through the streets to surround the stores and leaving his mind blank, without any specific location ... disappeared.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter