Chapter II

Pathcode
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment he regained consciousness was as if he could breathe again, however seconds were needed to make his eyes fill with tears and his heart rush. As he could, he stood up, without staggering a bit as his legs kept trembling, took the little diary and started running.

He ran looking for the way back to the cabin, or at least that was what he was trying to do because his vision was hampered by his own tears.

He remembered everything. Before he kept demanding answers because he felt lost and alone. However, now while walking through the forest, he could see how a lot of memories passed before his eyes. The first manifestation of his powers, his first encounter with the members, the difficulties they went through and the last of all, when Baekhyun was snatched from his side.

 

 

***

 

Kris kept repeating constantly that they should always stay alert since the young man was distracted thinking about Baekhyun, but he couldn’t help it, they had been separating them gradually.

First Suho, who assured them that everything would turn out well, that he would do everything possible to deceive them, in such a way that they would soon be free again. No one doubted the words of their leader but it was hard not to, especially when more members began to be isolated. Suho always came back with them but it was not the same with Jongdae and then with Baekhyun.

That was the moment when the whole plan presented the first obstacle. Chanyeol was furious, and was about to incinerate the entire faculty.

Everyone knew that Chanyeol's abilities were great but could be very destructive, especially when he couldn’t control his temper. Fortunately, that was not a constant problem, but he was a slightly sensitive person who let himself be guided too quickly by his emotions. Although with time the rest knew that he could control his abilities, even so there were situations that could leave him a bit unstable and that was not good at all.

At the moment when Baekhyun had been separated from the others, Chanyeol reacted immediately, trying to protect him, trying to stop the doctors but he was hampered by the guards, he did not even have to think twice before pouncing on one of them, feeling the familiar sensation of his power spreading throughout his body - without remembering Suho's words about avoiding at all costs the use of his abilities, since these could expose them. He was about to attack when he felt arms holding him, however he did not stop struggling to be able to break free, by the force  he could guess who it was but they didn’t release him until the guards had withdrawn.

Chanyeol was furious, everyone knew it but they could not let the effort of all those days go in vain. He tried to calm down a bit while Kris and Minseok kept to each side, anticipating any possible movement of the younger. They were the only people - besides Baekhyun - who could be near Chanyeol while he was in that state. Kris because of his abilities with fire and flames could not hurt him, because his powers also emanated from those forces. On the other hand was Minseok and his ability to freeze, which made him counter Chanyeol’s ability, however on this occasion he considered himself lucky.

Minseok knew Chanyeol was more than angry because the more he tried to freeze his hands from the Chanyeol’s heat the ice in his hands melted too fast and did not give him enough time to cool him, he just hoped that both the doctors and the guards would not have noticed anything strange.

Chanyeol kept his eyes fixed on the door through which Baekhyun was gone and he was sure that if his two companions were not with him, he would have run after them, if their legs had allowed him, for he was petrified at the same place. Kris's words brought him back to reality.

“If you don’t want something to happen to him, you should calm down, they can’t know about us. If your powers get out of control you put us all in danger especially Baekhyun and Jongdae.” At the mention of the second, Minseok did nothing more than tighten a bit his hold he had with Chanyeol. It was then that the boy tried to calm down, lowering his guard a little. When Chanyeol seemed to have calmed down it was the pain and anguish that seized his heart. He had no idea what those scientists could do to Baekhyun or how cruel they could be. Not that he considered Baekhyun weak, he more that nobody knew he was very strong. Chanyeol had always believed that the power of the other had a lot of potential, although the older one did not believe it. Despite this, Chanyeol always wanted to be by his side to protect him no matter what ... and now he had failed and feared he could not do it.

Minseok watched as Kris gave him a small pat on the back and retreated to get closer to the rest, so the older one stayed by his side.

'We're all concerned Chanyeol, believe me, I more than anyone understand what you feel, but all we can do right now is find a way to get out of here and trust Suho, besides he aways comes back, hopefully Baek will als

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter