six

seeds of yesterday - baekhyun x chanyeol

The stylist blowdried his new mop of bright red hair and Chanyeol stared in fascination. He loved it. It looked amazing, it gave his looks a real edge, in a way he never expected. He wondered if Kyungsoo would like it and snapped a selfie and forwarded it to his boyfirend's phone. He had spent the last 24 hours going over and over his decision to ask Kyungsoo to marry him and he was determined that it was the right decision. They loved each other and were perfect together, the famous actor and the rising pop star, and Chanyeol wouldn't be alone anymore.

He changed in and out of endless outfits, most of which he would never be caught dead in on the street, but that was fashion. The creative director seemed especially taken with a particular shirt, white with hooks and ring and loops hanging off it everywhere, and with Chanyeol's beautiful skin and fresh red hair it was a breathtaking combination. "That's our cover!" She said with an excited finality as she watched the photos on the laptop. Chanyeol kept a cool façade but inside he was overjoyed. His song was number one, he was going to be on the cover of Vogue, his boyfriend would come back in a few weeks and he would propose. By the time of the premiere of Kyungsoo's movie they would have made a public announcement and the media would be all over them.

Just as the shoot was wrapping Suho disappeared outside on his phone. Chanyeol didn't pay much attention, the guy lived with that phone attached to his head, but he looked worried. Probably some minor issue, problems and issues came up all the time, and Chanyeol was so glad to have the competence of Suho in charge of his life. He ddin't know wht he would do without him. Chanyeol had changed back into his own clothes and felt comfortable but plain. He was starting to see the lure of high fashion. In his years climbing the ranks of the music industry he had become accustomed to all eyes on him and it was definitely addicting. The money, the populatiry, the fame. But he was about to feel all the downfalls of eyes on him as Suho walked back towards him looking like a kicked puppy.

"We need to talk." Suho said and pulled Chanyeol into the bathroom attached to the studio. He held his phone out towards Chanyeol. There, in full view on the main page of the Star Dispatch website, was a grainy but clear picture. One man had a dark buzzcut and the other was taller with glowing tanned skin. Their arms were locked around each other and their lips were pressed together. Sand blew around them as the desert sun beat down on Chanyeol's boyfriend caught in a passionate embrace with his co-star Kim Jongin.

Tears filled his eyes instantly. "No. It cant be true. He woulnd't do this to me...." Chanyeol scrolled down to find another photo and another. The kissing photo hurt but the next one hurt more. Kyungsoo was laughing, his eyes sparkling as he looked up at the taller man still holding him, his perfect lips parted in pure joy. Chanyeol had never seen that expression on his face before. "Keep scrolling." Suho said softly and there was an article about the affair, the new love found on an exotic movie set location, the scandal of Kyungsoo caught cheating on Chanyeol. And then the picture of Chanyeol leaving the jewellery store, little bag in hand, a smile on his lips.

 

Finally Chanyeol broke. "Get me out of here." He whispered to Suho as he handed the phone back. "It's a feeding frenzy Chanyeol. There's media everywhere outside." Chanyeol shook as two tears travelled down the soft peaks of his face. "I don't care. I have to get out of here."

 

 

Suho held him by the arm and gently guided him though the crowd waiting outside. Cameras flashed and people called out questions, all the major news sites were there, as well as fansites and fans. It was a frenzy just as Suho warned. But it was all a blur to Chanyeol, he felt like he was underwater, like all his senses were blurred together. Suho guided him into the waiting van and they sped away from the crowd and towards Chanyeol's apartment.

Suho wanted to stay but Chanyeol wanted to be alone. "Leave. Please." He begged Suho. Kyungsoo hadn't even tried to call him. He might not even know the story had broken. The thought of him cozied up in a tent on location with this other man, lying together, blissfully unaware of Chanyeol's knowledge made him feel sick. When Suho left he began calling.

Kyungsoo picked up the third time. Chanyeol had chosen facetime. He didn't want Kyungsoo to be able to hide from him. "Hi babe." Kyungsoo's shirtless figure popped into view as the call started. "Is he there with you?" Chanyeol asked. He had intended to yell, to cry, to make Kyungsoo feel the full force of his anger. But when he was faced with the reality he just felt tired. "What?" Kyungsoo answered, looking slightly confused at first, then his eyes widened as he realised. "It's all over the news Kyungsoo. I know. Everyone knows." Kyungsoo sighed. "I'm sorry Chaneyol. But I couldn't help it. We've got this connection." Tears filled Chanyeol's eyes again. "What about me? You were supposed to love me and you couldn't even be away from me for a few weeks without cheating on me....." He sniffed and put the phone down as he wiped his eyes with his sleeve.

"Chanyeol. I do love you, well I thought I did anyway, but it's different with Jongin. Anyway, I'm sorry, I really didn't think we were that serious." Chanyeol finally lost it. "Serious? I went out yesterday and bought a ing ring Kyungsoo. I wanted us to be together forever. I was going to propose when you came back but instead I got this instead. Don't ever come near me ever again." Chanyeol hung up and tossed the phone under his pillow as he fell onto the bed. The feeling of sleeping alone would be with him for a lot longer than he realised.

With the night falling fast and his mood falling faster Chanyeol knew he couldn't stay here alone. He grabbed his duffel out and upended his dirty clothes onto the floor. He filled it with clean clothes, doing the same with his cases, and dragged them back downstairs. He tossed them into his car and drove out of the underground garage swiftly past the small crowd still hanging around waiting for a photo of a devastated and destroyed star.

 

Two hours later he fell into his mother's arms. It was midnight and he was exhausted. He had gone home.