thirty

seeds of yesterday - baekhyun x chanyeol

Chanyeol stood in a room filled with beautiful people. Stars and celebrities, designers, models. Singers, actors, idols. A whole room full of the most beautiful people in the country and he just smiled vacantly at them all. Not one of them had the beauty of his precious Baekhyun. No one even came close.

 

The party was dominated by a huge poster version of Chanyeol's cover. It was easily twelve feet tall and his bright red hair dominated the room. Everyone was talking about it, admiring it, the man's stunning features and incredible body suddenly highly sought after. Suho was in his absolute element taking phone numbers and email addresses from designers and fashion industry leaders wanting to book Chanyeol for shoots and catwalks and appearances.

 

But Chanyeol had other things on his mind. He sipped a glass of expensive champagne as he wandered through the crowd making obligatory small talk with people, receiving compliments on his cover and his hair and his outfit chosen for him to wear tonight. Suho had the intelligent foresight to make Chanyeol leave his old guitar at home and it was a smart move because all Chanyeol wanted to do was sink into a soft chair and pen another love song of heavily laden emotions. He smiled for a photo with the editor of Vogue and quickly moved on to get another glass of champagne and count down the minutes until he could leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun cursed as he tried to wipe his spilled coffee off his jeans with some tissues he found under the seat. What had made him think jumping in his beat up old truck with just his phone and wallet was a good idea? His black tshirt was faded, his jeans were neat until he spilled coffee all over them, and he still had his muddy work boots on his feet. But he had reached the city and pulled over to try and work out where to go and what to do next.

 

He didn't even know where Chanyeol lived. But he did remember the name of the jewellers he went to with Chanyeol and typed it into the maps on his phone. He knew Chanyeol lived close to there and started his truck up again and drove through the dark streets of the city. When he found the jewellers it was of course closed but he racked his brain for the memories from just a few days ago and drove down the streets until he saw the right building. He remembered Chanyeol saying he had the whole top floor but as he parked and got out in front of the building he saw a security desk and realised he had no hope of even getting in.

 

He walked brazenly into the lobby and straight up to the security desk. "I'm here to visit Park Chanyeol." He said trying to sound casual but he flushed with embarrassment as the security guard looked him up and down. He was a mess and he knew it. "Sure you are." The security guard mumbled sarcastically. "You and every other crazy fan out there." His eyes went back to his computer screen as he ignored Baekhyun's untidy presence in front of him. "Fine." Baekhyun shot angrily. "I'll just call him and tell him I'm here..." 

 

The security guard looked up in amusement and watched Baekhyun dial. The phone rang out and went to messages and Baekhyun hung up and dialled again. It rang out again much to the amusement of the security guard. "Leave or I'm calling the police." Baekhyun felt instantly defeated and walked outside. He looked up at the beautiful gleaming glass building and felt out of place. He sat on the ground and put his head in his hands while he thought hard of what to do next. He tried again to call Chanyeol and furrowed his brow when there was no answer.

 

On a whim he typed 'Park Chanyeol' and the date into the search engine and was surprised when the Star Dispatch website quickly answered his question.

 

 

 

"Tonight Park Chanyeol makes his official move from Idol to Model at the launch of his Vogue cover. Mr Park is being honoured at a launch party being held in the ballroom of the Four Seasons Hotel. It's the hottest party of the year with everyone who's anyone expected to be there...."

 

 

 

Baekhyun looked down at his faded thin black tshirt and his coffee stained jeans. He tried to scrape a little of the mud off the back of his boots and ran his fingers through his messy hair before he climbed back into his truck and headed straight for the Four Seasons.

 

When he arrived he pulled up out the front and a valet opened his car door and asked him what room number he was staying in. He panicked and drove straight out the long circular driveway and parked around the corner. He headed in the front doors and saw a big sign pointing to the ballroom and headed in that direction only to be faced with two huge security guards standing either side of an open double door. 

 

"You're not on the list," one said as he frowned down at the small and messy looking man. "You didn't even ask my name" Baekhyun shot back with a glare and the security guard just laughed. "I didn't have to. I can tell." The other security guard laughed and Baekhyun's shoulders sank. "I need to see Chanyeol," Baekhyun said and they both laughed again. "Yeah you and every other crazy fan in the city," the security guard replied and moved in front of the door. "You can't stop me. I need to see him now!" Baekhyun tried to push past him and the guards grabbed a hold of him. He thrashed around and tried to get them to let go and when that didn't work he began to yell out Chanyeol's name causing a few curious guests to start looking out the door.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol stood on the stage, microphone in hand, staring down at the crowd. He searched for a familiar face but found only Suho standing off to his side. He cleared his throat nervously and began to speak.

"Thank you Vogue for this honour and opportunity. Growing up I never considered myself beautiful. I was teased for my ears, I was a 'late bloomer' with my height, but I guess this honour tonight must mean that things change." He paused for effect and smiled as a murmur of laughter rippled through the crowd.

 

"I've learned a lot about what true beauty is. It can be found in the smooth sensation of an old piece of wood, in the velveteen stem of a sprig of lavender, in the sparkle of sunlight across grass damp from the rain........." Chanyeol trailed off as he thought hard about what he wanted to say. "But the purest form of beauty can be found in the eyes of someone who you love. Eyes that know you better than you know yourself and can see who you truly are under all this..." he waved his hand as he indicated the enormous picture of himself behind him. He opened his mouth to speak again as another murmur rippled through the crowd and a few people near the door began to turn.

 

 

His eyes flashed to Suho who shrugged and went to investigate. A security issue was nothing new to them. Crazy fans regularly tried to get into Chanyeol's apartment building and events and anywhere he was really. But when he heard his voice call out from through the doorway Chanyeol immediately dropped the microphone and jumped down from the stage. 

 

 

The crowd of people parted to let him through as he rushed to the door just in time to see two huge security guards trying to wrestle Baekhyun away from the door. Baekhyun was giving them a fantastic fight and they were struggling to try and contain the tiny but fierce man and when Chanyeol saw them he just had to stop and laugh. "Put him down!" Chanyeol called out to them through tears of laughter. "He's not a crazy fan. That's my love!"

 

People openly stared as the security guards dropped Baekhyun and he ran into the room and into Chanyeol's open arms. Chanyeol picked him up and squeezed him tight as his legs dangled in the air. "You said you would always answer your phone.." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol laughed again. "It's on silent." He chuckled into Baekhyun's hair. "In case you hadn't noticed I'm kind of in the middle of something important..." he released his tight grip and lowered Baekhyun back to the floor who looked around and buried his face in Chanyeol's shirt in embarrassment. "Do you want to stay for a drink? Meet some important but boring people?" Chanyeol whispered and Baekhyun shook his head.

 

 

"Sorry guys. Looks like I'm ditching my own party!" Chanyeol laughed loudly to the crowd. "Have a good night." He grabbed Baekhyun by the hand and squeezed it tight as the shorter gave a shy wave to the crowd before Chanyeol pulled him out of the room and out of the doors of the hotel.