Chapter 2

Notice Me, Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stop being too friendly with me, rival." Bae Irene commanded me. 
"Ri--rival?" I raised my eyebrow.

She was about to walk away, but I pulled her forearm and asked, "Are you this cold to me because you see me as your rival?"
"Show me a good fight instead of talking a lot." She pulled her hand away from me and walked away.

Seriously?!

Classes ended without us talking, just like yesterday. 

"Want to hang out? How about ktv?" Wendy suddenly appeared in front of me.

I think going with her will help me forget about Irene's behavior towards me earlier. 

"Let's go!" I took my bag and walked out with her.

"Aren't you having a hard time sitting beside Irene? Her personality is like the exact opposite of yours. Being friends would be hard that way," said Wendy.
"School just started so who knows? We might be able to get close sooner or later."

I still want to stay positive no matter what. I don't know what's exactly with her that made me see her in a special way. She's beautiful, she's y, she's quiet, she's arrogant, she's annoying but I'm liking her more and mooore! Am I really a freaking masochist deep inside?! Oh gooood! It just can't be!

"Hey, are you okay?" Wendy asked.

I didn't notice I was already pulling my own hair down like a crazy fool. What is that girl doing to me?!

"I think I need to rest. Let's go next time. I'm sorry."
"It's okay. Let's go back to our rooms together." Wendy smiles.

This is the kind of girl someone should like. Friendly, caring, kind, and she's pretty too. Not that arrogant, mean, y, cute, gorgeous.... Ugh! I'm hopeless!

We reached our rooms with my head filled with nothing but one girl, Bae Irene.

"Just call me if you want to have dinner together," said Wendy.
"Sure. Thank you." I waved goodbye and entered my room.

I sat in front of my desk, located in front of the window. Well, yeah, I reareanged my room so I could see her while studying or doing some homeworks. Inspiration, I need that.
I took the jar of cashew nuts to eat it just to past the time. After a few minutes, she came and sat on her desk which is right in front of the window too.

"Hi, Irene!" I greeted her.

She closed the window. I don't know if it's because of the air or because she didn't want to hear me.

"Hey, rival!" I threw a nut on her window.
"If you'd do nothing but ignore me, I'll never stop." I threw more nuts.

While throwing nuts on her window like a kid, she suddenly opened it, which caused a nut to hit her head. Oh, crap! She glared at me because of it.

"S-Sorry.." I stuffed all the nuts on my hand into my mouth, to show her I'll have no more nuts to throw at her. 
"Can't you see I'm studying?" She frowns.

I lifted my hand up to show her the sign to "wait" until I finish chewing my nuts. This is honestly embarrassing. I should have threw it all away or maybe keep it insteading of stuffing my mouth with it.

"You just got back from classes and you're already studying? Come on! Don't let yourself die of stress or sadness." I told her.
"I have a rival now, so I have to study harder."
"Your rival isn't even studying right now."
"Are you insulting me?" She raises her eyebrow.
"I'm not. I'm just saying that I'm enjoying my life and not pressuring myself. You should not too."
"We're different." She closes her window again. Pfft!

I wrote in a sheet of paper and sticked it on my window for her to see; "Notice me, rival."

I took my books to study too. Maybe I could say I'd give her a good fight and in exchange, she should start talking with me. Not a bad idea, I suppose. 

Hours passed and it's time for dinner again. Using a selfie stick, I knocked on her window. 
She opened it after a while and asked, "What's wrong with you?" 

"I just miss you!" I answered. 

She rolled her eyes and closed her window again. 

"Hey, wait!" I knocked on it again. 
"What now?" She opened it again. 
"Want to eat dinner together with another classmate of ours? Not a boy, don't worry." I said. 
"I'm eating dinner now. Bye." She closes it again. 

Hmm.. Okay, then. 
I called Wendy to eat dinner with her. 

"Let's do this every night" I said. 
"Are you sure you're fine with that?" She asked. 
"You said you like eating more when you're with someone, right? Let's do this until you meet more friends." I smiled at her. 
"You're really kind! Thank you!" She smiles bri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter