Chapter 6

Notice Me, Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We have new members so the club would be active again. Anyone who wants to join the dance club too?" 

Irene raises her hand. 

"I will too!" I also raised mine.

"I want to join too!" 
"Why? I've never seen you dance before."
"Park, Jimin is part of it. This would be my chance to dance with him!" 
"You mean the hot transfer student?! OMG! I'll join too, then!" 

I heard our classmates talking. Who would even join a club just for someone they like? Oh, me. I did that too just now, so I'm no one to talk.

"After class, please proceed to the gymnasium. Don't worry, it won't take long, so you could study for the exams after. Thank you," said the club's president. 

"Wendy, are we only allowed to join one club here at school?" I asked. 
"Join as much as you want. Just make sure you'll be able to balance your time."
"I see... Which clubs are you in?" 
"I'm in the singing club and dance club." Wendy answered.
"Wow! Never knew you could dance too!"
"A bit. I want to be an idol someday so I think learning how to dance would help. Irene's part of the singing club too. Don't you want to join?"
"You mean Bae Irene? Whoa~ I wonder if she dreams to be an idol too. How do I join, anyway?" I asked.
"Recruiting has never been this easy." Wendy chuckles. 
"Whatever it is that Irene does, you do it too. You are sure competitive, eh?" 
"Not sure about that." I smiled awkwardly. I know to myself that I'm not doing this because I'm competitive, but because I want to be closer with her. 

After class, my classmates went straight to the gymnasium, but Wendy and I went to the singing club first for me to be able to join. 

When we reached the club, I saw the guy who helped me in the library, singing. He sure sounds great!

After singing, the club members clapped, including Wendy and I,  though I'm not part of the club yet. Just amazed!)

"Welcome to our club." People greeted him.

While thanking them and shaking hands with them, he saw me and walked to me. 

"Kang Seulgi, right? Hello!" He waves.
"Hi mr. Hero!" I waved back at him.
"Wow! Being called a hero feels good, eh?" He grins. 
"I don't know your name yet, that's why I called you that. Besides, you saved my life and dignity back then." I chuckled.
"I wasn't able to introduce myself before since you were in a rush. Anyway, my name's Park Jimin. It's a pleasure to meet you again." He smiles brightly at me.
"I'm sorry about that. Nice to meet you, Park Jimin. You sang really well." I shake hands with him.
"Oh, thank you. That was fluttering. I assume you could sing too since you're a member of this club."
"Not yet, actually. But I'm here to be part of it."
"I joined earlier, then. Call me your senior." He joked.
"Park Jimin, can I borrow my friend, Seulgi, for a while? The club's president wants to hear her sing," said Wendy.
"Yeah, sure." Jimin smiles at her. 

He's kind of cute and he's also really nice. He must be popular with girls. 

"I'm not prepared yet. You didn't say I'll have to sing before joining." I half whispered.
"Sorry, I totally forgot." Wendy shyly smiles.
"Kang Seulgi, is it? You can start now. Any song would do," said the president. 

I took a deep breath to release all the tension before singing. I also closed my eyes so I won't see anyone watching me. That way, I won't feel shy at all.
Which song should I sing? Bae Irene suddenly came into my mind and I knew what to sing; James Blunt's you're beautiful. 

"My life is brilliant. My love is pure. I saw an angel, of that I'm sure. She smiled at me on the subway. She was with another man. But I won't lose no sleep on that cause I've got a plan."

Suddenly, I heard a guy sing the chorus part with me. But I didn't open my eyes to see who it was, knowing it'll just make me nervous. 

"You're beautiful. You're beautiful. You're beautiful, it's true. I saw your face in a crowded place and I don't know what to do cause I'll never be with you."

I slowly opened my eyes while smiling. Our voices blended so well, it made me comfortable singing a duet with someone I don't even know. The club members clapped their hands and teased us about sounding like we're made for each other. I looked at the direction where the voice came from, and found them teasing Park Jimin. 

"Was that you?" I asked.

He shyly nodded with a smile. 

"You two must sing a duet at the coming festival!!"
"That's right! Do it! Do it! Do it!"

People cheered for us. 

"I'm okay with it. But is she?" Park Jimin looks at me.
"I don't know! I'm not really used to singing duets, especially with guys." I embarrassingly laughed.
"You weren't even prepared earlier, yet, you did so well. Come on, you can do it!" The president cheered for us too.
"Please give me time to think of it."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter