Chapter 21

Notice Me, Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been more than a month since that day, but Irene and I are still not talking. It's not that I'm mad or something. I'm just truly hurt. Well, I admit that she did nothing wrong at all. But I don't know how would I start talking to her again.

 

It all started with one answer. Just one answer, and my heart got pulverized. 

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Do you know what day is it today?" I asked.

"It's Sunday."

"I guess you don't know yet, then. It's my birthday today. Mom told me to come with you to a restaurant later so we could dine as a family."

"Happy birthday, then. But I don't want to dine with you as a family."

"Why??"

"I just don't like the thought that we're a family now." She answered.

 

END OF FLASHBACK 

 

I feel like she's so disgusted with me or something. Since that day, I never started a conversation with her ever again. That's when I only realized that she never started a conversation with me. It has always been me. Because of that, I felt really bad for myself. It feels like I'm a fisher, trying to catch a fish I'll never get. Or maybe a hunter, trying to catch an exotic wild animal. I never knew such simple happening could push me away from her. And more surprising, it stopped me from running after her. It's sad and painful at the same time, but I know I'll be fine too someday. It's not like I've never been able to live without her, right? The worse part about this is the fact that we now belong to the same family. That means I'll have to live with someone I'll never talk to again. She'll be like a human I'll see as nothing but a mannequin for the rest of my life.

 

"Someone seems bothered." Jimin said.

 

He sits in front of me. 

 

"Remember our first meeting in this library?" He looks around.

"I liked you so much back then, I admit. I don't know why, though, since I'm not really into girls who like dirty stuffs." He chuckles.

"Are you talking about that book? I didn't get that on purpose, okay?" I hit him slightly with my notebook.

"Shh!" The librarian scolds us.

"I'm getting scolded because of you. Tsk!" I half whispered.

"Why blame someone who just came here to study?" He asked. 

"As if that's real. Where's Wendy?"

"She's getting some books. She'll tutor me."

"I hope I could have such relationship." I said. 

"Why don't you just talk to Irene again?" 

"Why would I? I've got nothing to say to her."

"Are you suuuure?" 

"Shh!" The librarian frowns. 

"Are you sure?" He whispered. 

"I'm sure!" I took my books and left. 

 

What do I even need to tell her? I'm sorry? Again? I've got nothing to be sorry about, so why would I? 

 

While walking back to my room, I bumped into Irene.

 

"Seulgi." She called me for the first time in a while.

"Why?" I coldly asked.

"Where have you been?" She asked.

 

I looked around and said, "Just realized you're in a building where your room isn't located at. Were you waiting for me, by any chance?"

"Yes, because I want to know what's going on." 

 

I didn't expect for her to admit that at all. 

 

"What do you mean?" I played innocent.

"Why are you avoiding me all of a sudden?" She asked.

"You really want to know? It's because of your harsh words. I get it now. You're disgusted with me, so I will stay away from you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter