Chapter 3

Notice Me, Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that day, I wanted nothing else but to beat Irene on something so badly, but I don't know where! She might be hiding her other talents. I don't want to humiliate myself again!

"Just a reminder before you all go, next week would be your examination week. And after that, our school's special talent contest would be held. If you want to join any certain contest like singing contest, dance contest, video making contest and more, you can sign up downstairs at the front desk. Okay, class, dismiss."

Singing contest..? Naaa. I think Wendy would win that. Dance contest? Hmm.. Wendy once told me Irene is a good dancer but I think I am too, so we'll see about that.

"Rival!" I called her.

She turned her head sideways to look at me.

"Let's join the dance contest. I'll expect you'll give me a good fight." I smirked at her before leaving.

Did I do it?! Did I look cool?! I bet I did!

"You're making yourself look like a fool." Someone talked behind me.
"Oh, Wendy. How did you say so?" I asked.
"Sometimes, I'm thinking you're crazy. If you're not talking by yourself, you laugh by yourself."
"I do?!" I never knew I do!

She nods. 

"Maybe that's why I'm your only friend until now," said Wendy.
"Your words are hurtful sometimes, you know." I joked.
"Just being honest so you could avoid doing those things."

Sometimes it feels like you're just trying to tease or annoy me, though. 

"I'll go sign up for the singing contest. Don't you want to join?" She asked.
"Nope! I'm pretty sure you'd just beat me." I answered.
"I'd take that as a biiig COMPLIMENT!" She winks at me.
"I'd join the dance contest instead. I challenged Irene to do it with me."
"Are you serious about that?! There you go again, making decisions without even thinking twice!"
"Shh, calm down. I can handle this." I confidently smiled at her.
"Make sure you won't make yourself look so pitiful after the contest," said Wendy.

As planned, Irene and I both signed up for the contest. This is it! I'm going to take all the humiliation away! But before that....
I took my books and notes out to study for our upcoming exams.
I looked outside the window to check on Irene, but I didn't see her studying on her desk. I wonder why.

A week passed and we finished all our exams. I didn't see her studying on her desk even just once. I think I'll also beat her score. That would be better for me.


This is it! The week I've been waiting for!

"Have you seen the list of top students? You're really good like what our teacher said!" Wendy does high five with me.

Her words made me so excited, I quickly went to check the list.

TOP 10 / AVERAGE

1. BAE IRENE / 99.2 & KANG SEULGI / 99.2

WHAT?! But she.. How did she..

"Tsk!"

I looked at the direction where the sound came from and found Irene looking annoyed about getting the same average and rank as me. 

"You should be happy your name was put first even if our average is just the same." I told her.
"I'm sure that was based alphabetically. I also prefer being alone on the top spot." She leaves.

I think you prefer being alone on everything you do. You're surely taking this rivalry seriously, eh? Don't worry, I'm going to take this seriously from now on too.

The bell rang, a sign it's already 1pm, the same time our dance contest would start.

I reached the place in a few minutes, panting from running.
There are quite a lot of contestants. I didn't expect this at all. A lot of people are also watching. I can't humiliate myself again!
I took a deep breath and released all the tension away by exhaling hard. 
You can do this, Kang Seulgi!

The MC asked us to pick our numbers from the box in front. I got 11 while Irene got 10. It means I'll perform after her. Greater than I expected.

The contest started and all the 9 contestants finished dancing. Now, it's Irene's turn. 
The music started playing and I started getting nervous too. I don't know if I'm nervous about messing up or about Irene being too good for me.
Irene starts moving. She's even hotter and more attractive now that she's dancing. Dang it. You're making my jaw drop! Those hips, those legs, those arms... Why is she so.. Goodness! Stop it, Seulgi! You're fantasising about her too much, you're like a ert now! 
I realized I was actually hitting my own head and so, other people are looking at me. Good thing Wendy told me about this. Now, I'm suddenly thankful. 
I fixed my hair and clothes and acted as if nothing happened. 

Irene finished dancing, so my name was called. 

"I'm here." I went up the stage.

I looked around and found Irene smirking at me. I could see in that smirk that this girl is belittling me. I'll show you and make you feel the way I did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter