Chapter 7

Notice Me, Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We already finished our exams last week. Today is the day we'll see our grades and current standing in class. I wonder if Irene and I got a tie again.

I bumped into Irene while walking. She looked at me as if she was boasting about something, then shrugged. Looks like I lose...

 

"You got what you deserve for sleeping in the library." She half whispered.

 

Why does she sounds like a y bully? Her voice made me shiver!

 

"Two wins and one lose for you, then. Congrats!" I smiled.

"Do better next time and make our rivalry more interesting."

"You're really boastful, aren't you?" I shook my head amd left. 

 

But I still like her! 

 

I go to check our grades. 

 

1. Bae Irene 99.6%

2. Kang Seulgi 99.4%

 

She was boasting that much for getting .2% score higher than me. Wow... Why do I feel like I want to boast on her more and say I would have gotten 99.8 if I didn't sleep in the library?

 

"You two are really great rivals!"

"Wendy, you love appearing out of nowhere, don't you? What's your current class standing?" I asked.

"I got 6!"

"Wow! Not bad!"

"Yeah~" She grins.

 

"Wow! Number two in class with that average, eh? Can never be like that!"

 

I looked back and saw Jimin, talking.

 

"Hi, Jimin! What's your current class standing?" I asked.

"You better not know." He said.

"Why?"

"It's embarassing." He whispered.

 

Wendy goes to check his class' board.

 

"Wow! You're amazing too, Jimin!" Wendy said.

"Oh?" I got curious so I checked it too.

"I said you better not know, yet, you checked it." He covers his face with his palms.

"Last-- Wow, how did you even do that? " I

"Now I no longer have a face to show you." He said.

"Oh, anyway, we've got a dance practice. I hope after it we can practice our song too," said Jimin.

"We'll see about that. Thanks for letting me know, by the way." I smiled.

"Want to go together?" He asked. 

"You go first. I'll go get my friend first. You can go with Wendy." I said. 

"I thought I'm your only friend?" Wendy asked. 

"I have one more." I sticked my tongue out.

"I am one too." Jimin grins.

"I can't believe you're having more. My Kang Seulgi is improving in making friends." Wendy pats my back. 

"Ya, that sounds offensive!" 

 

They laughed at me. 

 

"Let's go now, bye." He leaves with Wendy.

 

I looked for Irene so we could go together.

 

"We have a dance practice today for the upcoming festival. Let's go together." I told her.

 

Without saying  a word, she walked beside me.

We sit next to each other everyday, five times a week, but walking beside her still makes me exceptionally happy!

 

In the gymnasium....

 

"Before we start, please pick your partner first. Opposite would be better," said the choreo.

 

"Irene, let's be partners!" I grinned.

"I don't want to. They know me. I'll dance alone." She coldly said.

"Oh..." I thought I could now dance with her as a partner. I guess we'll just be part of one group.

 

Girls encircled Park Jimin and asked him to be their partner, but he still called me to ask me to be his partner. Maybe it's okay. That would be better than dancing with someone I don't know.

 

"Ji--" I was about to call him to say I'll be his partner, but someone suddenly pulled my clothes from behind. I turned my head and got surprised to see it was Irene.

 

"Yes?" I asked.

 

She shyly looked away and said something, but I wasn't able to hear it.

 

"Can you speak louder? I can't hear you." I said.

"Kang Seulgi!" Jimin calls me to remind me about my answer.

 

Irene pulled me and said, "Be my partner."

 

Did I hear that right? Am I dreaming? Is this true?

 

"For real?!" I smiled like a kid who received a candy for being a good girl.

 

She nods while still looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter