Chapter 12

Notice Me, Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did you enjoy your day at the ranch?" Dad asked us. 
"Yes!" We answered all together. 
"That's good to hear. Anyway, Seulgi, sleep with Irene for tonight. Is that okay with you? Her room would be the one beside yours. But as we all know, that's one dirty room."
"It's very okay with me." We might just be able to continue that kiss! 
"Thank you, Seulgi. You're really a kind one." Dad pats my head. 
"Wendy and Jimin, you can sleep on our guest room for two. I've had it prepared while you were away." Dad smiles. 
"Wait, did you only ask the maids to clean up one room?" Mom asked. 
"Yes, why?" 
"Have you forgotten that Jimin and Wendy are not the same gender?"
"Oh-- My bad... I'm sorry about that. But don't worry. There are two beds in that room, anyway."
"Still! This old man really knows nothing sometimes, aside from business." Mom shakes her head. 
"It's okay, aunty. Jimin is a good guy, anyway." Wendy smiles. 
"Jimin, I'm watching you." Mom joked. 

Jimin bowed and said, "I'll be a good boy."

His weird and nervous act made us all laugh. 

"Uhm, mom, can we talk?" I asked. 
"Sure. What is it?" Mom asked. 
"Can it be just the two of us?" 
"Okay, then. Let's go to our room."

"Wendy and Jimin, is it okay if we'll leave you here? You can go around the house if you want to. I just want to spend some time with Irene." Dad asked them. 
"Yes, uncle. Go on." Wendy smiles. 

It was like we got divided into 3 groups. 

"I'm glad to see your father and his daughter looking okay now," said mom.
"Me too. Anyway, mom, can we talk about the engagement?" I asked. 
"Why? Is it bothering you so much? Don't worry. We just talked about it but you two would only be officially engaged after two years from now. That's still kind of a long time to go. Just calm down and get to know him more." Mom caresses my head. 
"Mom, do we really have to do this?"
"Your grandmother was actually the one who decided this. That's why I can't do anything about it. This is also good for our business, Seulgi."
"But how about me? Can you think of my own happiness too?" My eyes start to get teary, and my voice starts to shake.
"I thought about that too. That's why I've met Park Jimin multiple times before. He's a good man. I'm sure he'll be able to take care of you well."
"I won't do this. Right now, he likes someone else. Same goes with me."
"Before marrying your father, I liked someone else too. But I did it because your grandmother told me to. He was able to love me and take care of me so I did not regret it. Can't you just listen?"
"Not because you felt no regret, doesn't mean I won't too. I know I'll regret it for the rest of my life if I marry a man I never loved."
"I'd talk to your grandmother on my own and convince her for you in one condition," said mom.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Introduce the one you like to me. If I see that he'll be able to take care of you, then I'll do that."

I don't know if I should agree about this condition, now that the one I like is not a man, and is even my step sister.

"But first, I want you to tell me something honestly." I said.
"Why did you become a mistress if you were happy with my real father?" I asked.

She told me that's not true and explained what really happened.

"So basically, your love for dad never faded away, that's why you married him when you met again?"

Mom nods.

"But why did you still marry my real father if you love someone else? Because grandma told you to? Don't you think you shouldn't have done that, since it was your life, not hers?"
"I don't regret doing so, Seulgi. Because I had you." She held my cheek softly. 
"I just want what's best for you as your mom. Sometimes, kids don't know and understand things well just yet. That's why we, parents, are here. We'll be your guide."
"Mom, guide me, but please--" I looked into her eyes. 
"Don't control me." I looked down and teared up. 
"Okay, my dear. I won't. Just introduce him to me, so I won't worry anymore for your future." 

I just nodded and didn't say a word. I know that right now, I can't be honest. And I don't know when could I be honest. I know I'm being honest to myself and Irene. I'm showing her that I like her and I'm not denying to myself that I do. But the fact that I can't be honest with my own mom makes me feel like a bad child.

"I'm sorry for being a stubborn daughter, mom." I hugged mom really tight. 
"You're growing up. That's normal. I've been there too." Mom pats my back while hugging me. 
"I'm really so lucky because I had a mom like you. I love you."
"And I'm even luckier for having you. I love you too, my princess." 

After talking with mom, I went straight to my room.
Irene isn't here yet. I'll just shower first.

In the middle of showering, someone suddenly opened the door.

"I'm inside! Don't open it!" I shouted, but it was too late. The door already got opened.... by Irene.

We both got stunned for 2 seconds.

"I'm sorry!" She closed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter