Chapter 1

Notice Me, Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the first day of school. As usual, we're being asked to introduce ourselves. Well, I couldn't care less. Not until...

"Hello, I'm Bae Irene."
"What a short introduction. Any question for her?" Our teacher asked.
"Do you have a boyfriend?"

What a question.

"I hate men."

Her words drew my attention in a flash that my eyes that were focused on the clouds outside instantly looked for her. I looked around and was surprised to see that she was actually right beside me. Her beauty is mesmerizing. Her eyes are so cold, it makes her look hot. Her skin looks so smooth, pale and soft. Her hair looks as beautiful as her face. She's short but her figure is also..

"Miss.." Our teacher suddenly held my head, which shocked me so much, I fell down my chair.

Everyone laughed at me except for her. Out of embarrassment, I quickly stood up.

"I think you're spacing out too much. I've been asking you to introduce yourself since Ms. Bae finished talking." Our teacher told me.
"Uh, sorry. I almost just woke up. I slept late last night out of so much excitement. You know, first day of school, hehe--" I gave an alibi.

"Too excited about your senior high school life, eh?" Our teacher smiles.
"Go on and introduce yourself now. Tell us something about yourself too." He said,

"My name's Kang Seulgi. I hate men too, just like..Bae Irene." I introduced myself.
"Wait, Kang Seulgi? Are you that top student transferee?" Our teacher asked.

I'm not so sure if he's talking about me so I just answered him with a shrug. I saw on my peripheral vision that Irene suddenly looked at me when our teacher asked me that. I guess I've caught her attention somehow. 

"Were you a top student at the school you came from?" Our teacher asked me once again.
"I guess so?"
"Playing mysterious, I see. Bae Irene, I think you'll have a good rival for the top spot finally."
"Is she the top student of this school?" I asked.
"Since she came here, nobody was able to beat her. Not even once."

Now, I'm even more interested in her. Nobody was able to do it even just once, eh? Beauty and brains, I see.

"Anyway, didn't you check the arrangement of seats? Your surname's first letters are too far from one another. I think Kang Seulgi should be put in the middle." My teacher said.
"Can't I sit here? I'd love it more if my..rival(?) and I could see each other's works and scores." I said.
"Would that inspire you more?"
"Yes!" I lied about the reason why it will, but it's true that it'll inspire me more.
"Fine, then. I'd give you an exemption in one condition."
"What is it, sir?"
"Simple. Beat her and reach the top on every exam. Deal?"
"Deal, sir!" I grinned.
"Things are going to get more interesting now." He smirks.

Instead of worrying about my score, I've gotta think first of a way for us to be close. I don't think approaching her first would work but there's no harm in trying.

"Hello!" I greeted her.

She just looked at me but she didn't say anything. Her coldness makes her even hotteeeeer!!!!

"I hate boys too." I said.

She didn't even look at me this time.

"I hope we could get along well as seatmates."

Still ignored me.

"Hey.." I waved in front of her.
"Classes weren't made for us to talk." She finally answered but I don't know if I should be happy about it. She looked mad.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter