Smoke Clears (Andy Grammer)

Seulrene Drabbles

"Joohyun, are you sure about this?"

As much as I want her to be with me, I can't be selfish like that. No. She's always my first priority, her happiness comes first. And that's the reason why were standing on the bus stop at dawn with fogs surrounding us, like they knew our story and supported us by covering us to anything.

This decision was abrupt to say the least, all I have registered was a crying Joohyun on the phone saying we should run away. Because later today she'll be tied to a man she don't love and never will, for her heart belongs to me. Needless to say, I scrambled on my feet despite my sleepiness and packed things that I would need to follow the keeper of my own heart.

"Of course, I've never been sure my whole life. I wanna be with you. You, are you sure about this?"

There's something about her doubtful voice and how she appears to be vulnerable right now that I wanted to shelter her from any pain.

So I smiled at her to reassure her.

"I love you Joohyun, and I'll even follow you to the depths of the ocean if you want me too"

And I was rewarded by a searing kiss that lifts my spirits up and a warmth in my chest to spread.

"I love you too"

She had whispered to me, like it was our secret that others won't gonna have. Maybe it was, for our love weighs tons everyone can't imagine. For what we have now is so special others can't judge.

And because I, Kang Seulgi, loves Bae Joohyun so much I'm willing to travel the whole universe and back just to be with her.

We both set foot on the bus, hand to hand, with renewed confidence to conquer everything as long as we both have one another.

And so we took off, left everything behind us, to chase our freedom and love.