Daylight (Maroon 5)

Seulrene Drabbles

With you sleeping in my arms right now, I can't ask for more. It would be a shame for me, especially when I'm a hypocrite who would chose to leave you behind, you won't even know.

Not when I'm already gone when daylight comes.

That's why I'm saving up all my time just to stare at you, hold you close to me, store up enough memories because I know I needed it to stay sane when I'm gonna be leaving behind my everything.

And I'm talking about you, Bae Joohyun. My Joohyun who was always so beautiful from the first time I met you until now, my Joohyun with a laugh that could make flowers bloom, my Joohyun who was so kind to everyone that you were loved by many. That's why I'm not really that worried in leaving you behind because I know you'd have many people that loves you, and will take care of you. It just pains me that I'll be crossed out from that list when I'll be gone.

I don't wanna go to sleep when I know by the time I open my eyes I will have to slip away.

Can time stop by just for a moment? I don't ever want to leave you.

What would you think when you wake up and I was already gone? I'm sure you'll make an effort of finding me -- and I'll stupidly wish that you'll find me too -- and you'll cry, I'm just hoping you won't cry too much and too long. Because honestly, a douche like me never deserves your tears.

Ironic how I fear the darkness when at this moment my only wish is for morning to never come.

Whoever said that those who were left behind experiences most pain, when they didn't even know those people who would leave behind the person who meant the world to them, experiences just as much.

I've never dreaded sunrises like this before.

Please, let me be with Joohyun a little bit more.

Even after earnestly praying for that, it will never be the case.

So when a speck of light flashes on the window, I know my time was up.

I left you with a lingering kiss on your forehead, a teardrop on your skin, a whisper of my love that I so wish you'll hear and my heart on your hands.

Goodbye, my beautiful Joohyun.