pink skies (LANY)

Seulrene Drabbles

You turned your head when you hear a melodious laugh just by the door.

"Why are you wearing that underwear?"

Ah, right. You remembered you're still clad in your underwear just like she said. It has bear prints all over it, kinda cute, and the main reason why you're wearing it now was because today was a special day and you needed your favorite underwear in hopes that it gave you the courage that you should have, after all, you consider it your lucky charm.

She was the one who bought it -- they're the first couple item you two had with hers having bunny prints -- you're still contemplating why she gifted it to you.

"Did you planned this? I was wearing the same thing."

You almost fainted when she lifted her shirt up and there, you see her bra with bunnies all over it. You asked why, it was supposed to look cute but...

Why does she look so y instead?

Pushing her out of your room while looking down because you felt your cheeks flaming, you continued to dress up.

No matter how many years has passed with being Bae Joohyun's best friend she still makes you blush without fail.

••••••••

"You know you're my favorite everything."

It was your first words when you two sat on the bench near your apartment that you share with her.

"And I really like you, Joohyun-ah."

You continued.

Was it 15 years already since you met her? Since you saw her riding her pink bicycle when you were 7 years old, she was an ugly crier when she fell off and scrapped her knee with hair all over her wet face. You offered her your lollipop that your mother gave you and flashed her a wide smile with your front tooth missing. That was how you two became best friends, with how you two were always all over each other it was no surprise when you started liking her in a different way -- the kind of way you shouldn't feel towards your best friend. You were very outspoken so you told her the truth when it got to the point when it made you lose sleep -- not to mention sleeping was your favorite activity aside from eating -- but she was always nonchalant with her replies, so you stopped altogether when you thought it was going nowhere. You dated someone else and she did, too. But she never left your mind as much as you tried, dating didn't helped, instead it made the feelings deeper.

You know it's a hopeless case so this is where it got you to this present, appearing to be nonchalant but internally shaking, hoping she won't disregard your confession again.

She only smiled at you, the sweetest smile you ever saw in her, it made you anxious yet your heart can't help melting at the sight.

You're already readying yourself for her to turn you down softly -- maybe that's why she smiled like that -- then maybe you'll pretend that it's okay, tell her you two should go home for things to not be awkward, and finally cry yourself to sleep inside the comforts in your room whilst making it really quiet else she's gonna hear how pathetic you really are.

Instead, she cupped both your cheeks and leaned towards you. The moment your lips touched hers your mind malfunctioned, the only thing processing was how soft her lips was it reminded you of the pink skies that you last saw painting a canvas into the sky with the sun on the horizon until you unconsciously closed your eyes. You don't even liked pink colors but right now you consider it as the color of love that it made you feel giddy. So you kissed her back with all the pent up emotions you stored from holding back before, it was a big load of emotions and you hoped Joohyun doesn't mind although with her arms now wrapped around your neck that pulled you closer the answer was already clear.

Turns out, the underwear really is a lucky charm.

 

---

yes, the author's still alive :D