I Found You (Bebe Rexha)

Seulrene Drabbles

Bae Joohyun is a free spirit, does what she wants and follows what she desires. But there was this unexplainable emptiness in her heart that's always there, even if she achieve what she wants and desires the most. It's always there, present but not completely understood. As if it has been there all this time, waiting to be fulfilled. It was clawing at her insides, mocking her that she can't have everything the way she likes it. And maybe it's helpful for her to stay rational, to know that she can't have everything she likes. But it keeps bugging her, keeping her awake at night as different thoughts swirl around her mind, trying to comprehend what is it that she feels.

And so Joohyun traveled the world, desperately trying to find what's missing inside her despite the freedom she had. It was entirely a great experience, an eye opener. She learned a lot from it, from different cultures and beliefs, all those peculiar things people do, their ultimate link to past cultures they preserved. It was overall exhilarating.

But despite all of that, she would always feel unsatisfied after not achieving what she really wants in the first place. The doubt was slowly eating her persistent self every time she stepped at an airplane for her next destination, without a sliver of idea on what exactly she was finding.

She almost turned back and go home to South Korea, ask her parents to place her as the CEO of their company like they persisted her to, but her stubborn self held its ground and didn't succumb to defeat.

And she's very happy she didn't, she even mentally patted her back for a job well done.

For she found what she's looking, in the eyes of Kang Seulgi. 

Those feline eyes and deep brown pool called irises, she found every answers she craved to know.

She first set her own eyes to her in Slovenia, while the woman was painting the children running around chasing bubbles that a man, Joohyun doesn't really have a care about, has been creating. She was so focused, concentrating with all her being and passion exploding in her expressive eyes.

And when their eyes met, as clichè as it seems, time stopped for Joohyun. She was glued from where she stands, bound with just the presence of the beautiful woman in front of her.

When the painter smiled -- putting the sun and stars to shame with how bright it looks on her -- and ask her if she wanted to be painted, she couldn't bring herself to decline the opportunity to know more of the woman with blinding smile and warm eyes. And so Joohyun knew, when she smiled back to her and agreed without a second thought, that  she finally found the unexplainable feeling that left her sleepless at night.

And when she knew more, discovered more of who Kang Seulgi really is, the empty feeling she felt, has been completely filled. Much more so that it's overflowing.

"Geez, you're really clingy Hyun-ah"

Seulgi teasingly complained, her eyes shining with mischief that Joohyun grew fond of.

"Shut up, I know you love it anyway"

She retorted back and tightened her hold on her, just to make her point more clear.

The other woman laughed good-heartedly. And Joohyun received a kiss on her forehead and a pair of arms embracing her back that left her all tingly and fuzzy from head to toe.

She sighed in satisfaction.

Now, Joohyun knew being happy wasn't just having a freedom. But also being loved unconditionally.