Without You (AJ Rafael)

Seulrene Drabbles

She's an angel gifted by God for me. Despite all the chaos wreaking havoc in me and the endless fights of the demons that's happening inside me, inside my head. Irene is her name, which fits perfectly for me. She brings me peace like no other person could, and she's perfect like that. Perfect for me, for a trouble maker like myself. Who would have thought that I'll be having her in my life, a girl -- a woman like her don't deserve someone like me. And while that's true, I couldn't bring myself to let go of such perfection, such purity. Maybe because I have never had things like that before, for all I had was bruises, blood stains, all I knew was to inflict damage and not fix. 

But she told me otherwise, that time when I beg her to stay away from me. I was seeing myself as unworthy from her affection that particular time, and I am afraid of ruining her like I always do. She begged me to stay by her side and not let her go, because I am the person who completes her. So who am I to say otherwise. Since she's also the person that completes me.

"Seulgi"

She calls out to me, her voice flitting in space and spoken so softly like silk that's worth a lifetime. It was my favorite tune, I could listen to it all day.

I just hum my response to her as I continued to caress her hair while she's resting her head on my lap. Her face so serene as well as the small smile she had on.

"Let's have each other for a long time"

And the hopeful eyes that stares at me, silently wishing for me to say yes, was unbearable. And who am I kidding if I'd say no, she's probably like the air I breath now. I just can't live without her.

She's the anchor that holds me in.

She's the blood that's coursing through my veins to keep me alive.

She's the light to my darkest days.

She's everything I have in this world.

And I can't be without her, because beside her is where I belong and I'll try to keep it that way for as long as she wants me to.

"You have me for as long as you want"

Because Irene Bae is my sanctuary and without her I'm lost.