MiHyun

Twice Square
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Maybe office romance does exist

 

xxx

 

She is beauty.

 

She is grace.

 

She will smack you in the face.

 

When Dahyun was hired at the Myoui Co company, there were numerous rumors going around in the office. The Myoui Co are delicate when it comes to picking their employees which is why they have an outstanding team in the clothing industry. The previous big boss was the main founder of the company, he was everyone’s best friend, one wouldn’t hesitate to approach him. But as he grew older, he eventually retired at 50 years old. It was supposed to be ran by his son, but he didn’t really showed any interest in taking the company ever since he took the medical field.

 

He eventually handed his company to his daughter. She has been always with his father after a few years that the company was built. She was his personal assistant. She’s smart, well-organized, and sharp. Everyone thought that she’s going to be like her father, where everyone could approach her without doubt. But they’re wrong. Yes, she is indeed strict- maybe too strict at times but they couldn’t ignore the fact that The Myoui Co made its way on top of the food chain to the point they belong to the Top 3 clothing company.

 

The Myoui Co has a versatile collection of clothing, ranging from streetwear to elegant clothing. Not to mention that the prices are within the people’s budget which is a plus.

 

The person behind this success is no other than Myoui Mina.

 

Not even one employee tried to joke around with her but there are a couple of employees that tried to hit on her. The latest ‘admirer’ at the office got fired because he was persistent thinking to push his dreams of having an office romance would come true.

 

Myoui Mina wasn’t new when it comes to romance. Sure, she has previous relationships but it’s only ‘puppy love’ to her. She hasn’t felt what true love really is, not that she is complaining but she is better off being single rather than being stuck up in a toxic kind of relationship.

 

When it comes to Myoui Co’s office, she would sometimes arrive early or sometimes she would arrive before lunch depending what time her meeting would be. Some people would think that she would just go home when the clock strikes 5pm but no, Mina is one of the few people that would stay back to complete her given task for the day before going home.

 

During weekends is a whole new Myoui Mina if one encountered her. Sometimes she would hang out with the other 2 daughters of the Top 3 clothing brands. Believe it or not, they first met during high school and that’s where it all began. Sana Minatozaki from Minatozaki Industry and Hirai Momo from H&O Partners. They’re the only people that Mina considered as best friends and outside their circle would strictly fall into the Acquaintance category. If she doesn’t hangout with her best friends over the weekend, she would most likely be cuddling Ray (her soulmate) or she would just be playing video games all day long. Yes, the CEO of Myoui Co is a hardcore gamer, not that everybody knows.

 

It’s Monday and guess what? It’s the busiest day of the week for Myoui Co since there were a handful of partnerships that were being submitted. Supreme, Balenciaga, Bean Pole just to name the few. Only the sound of the keyboards was heard inside the office building and at some spots, there are phone calls going on from the clients. There are new models that would be arriving soon, and the photoshoot crew are setting up at one of the top level rooms.

 

This is honestly the first time that Myoui Co is that busy especially on a Monday. Maybe it was because Mina attended a dinner party last Friday night together with the other known brands. Myoui Co, is making another history in the Fashion Category, not that everybody is surprised.

 

Dahyun is currently at the coffee maker machine, about to doze off. She kind of regretted that she went out partying during Saturday and Sunday alongside with Chanyeol, Nayeon, Saerom, and Jongin. It was her first time being THAT wild over the weekend. She honestly could blame Jongin about it since he was the one who suggested to go bar hopping for 2 nights. Yes, they rented 2 bedrooms at the hotel nearby. Not in a million years that Dahyun would be going smashed, heck she would be grounded when her parents would find out. Yes, a 26-year-old grown woman will get grounded. She has been planning to move out together with Chaeyoung and Jihyo but none of the apartments near their workplace are available.

 

 

“Rough night?” Moonbyul, the girl next to her cubicle approaches the younger girl with a smile.

 

Dahyun hums as she pours the coffee into her mug “Yeah, I wasn’t prepared that my Monday would go like this”

 

 

After a few exchange of their conversation, Dahyun bids goodbye to her workmate as she goes back to her cubicle. She has been taking orders from left to right just because one of the well-known singers, Kim Chungha wore one of Myoui Co’s summer collection. It was taken by the storm, the piece of clothing only lasted for a couple of minutes in the shelf before it went out. That’s why most people are only depending on the online shopping.

 

xxx

 

It has been a couple of months that the entire office is busy. The CEO on the other hand is preparing to announce the Fall Collection. Honestly, Dahyun kind of enjoyed this kind of state since she wouldn’t be hearing some people talking bad about the CEO. Its kind of irritated her since the CEO didn’t even do anything to them but gave them the salary that everybody wants.

 

Myoui Mina is beautiful, everybody does find her attractive and Dahyun wasn’t an exception. She hasn’t really held any decent conversation with the CEO, just a minimal exchange of smiles. There are a couple of times that she had to do an overtime just because one of her workmates placed the files in a different folder. As the person whom everybody trusts, Dahyun always had the difficult job in finding that missing piece. She would sometimes go home after 3 hours and only to grab a light meal before going home. Most of the time she would just fall asleep on her bed the moment she reaches home and to find out that her dog, Ari her face to wake up.

 

Adulting can be a pain in the but Dahyun could manage it.

 

Tonight, Dahyun will be staying back at the office once again to complete the orders. Moonbyul and Sunmi offered to stay back but Dahyun made them go home since it would be just quick. But heck no, the orders just keep on piling up and Dahyun is so ready to throw her PC out of the window. She fixes her glasses as her face is tad closer to the screen while her eyes are already squinting. There were only a handful of people left in the office, they’re Chanyeol, Kyungri, Taeyeon, and Jaebum. But sooner or later 3 of them went home, bidding their goodbyes to the younger as they made their way to the elevator.

 

 

“Dubs, wanna grab a drink before going home?” Chanyeol leans on her cubicle as he easily overlooks at Dahyun that’s behind the PC.

Dahyun stretches her arms while yawning “nah mate, I might pass. I’m so ready to hit the bed when I get home”

 

 

Chanyeol nods in understanding, they gave each other a quick fist bump before the older guy bids goodbye to his friend.

 

Another hour or two had pass when Dahyun finally finishes the whole order. Maybe she cried a little, but that doesn’t matter. She quickly turns off the machine as she returns her things inside her bag. As she was about to head to the elevator, she notices that the light coming from the CEO’s office is still on. Due to curiosity, she makes her way there only to find out that the CEO is fast asleep right in front of her PC’s screen.

 

Dahyun grips a bit tight on the doorknob thinking on what to do. Honestly, she could just approach the woman and tell her to go home, but the only thing is that she doesn’t really held any decent conversation with her boss just to do that. But heck, she just swallows her pride and did what her brain to stop doing.

 

 

“Ms. Myoui? It’s already 10pm, there’s no one in the office already” Dahyun gently shakes her shoulder carefully not to wake her boss suddenly.

 

 

Mina hums as she slowly opens her eyes. Their gaze meets each other, maybe Dahyun may have gulps a huge lump on . She is internally praying that Mina would advert her piercing gaze from her.

 

 

“Oh right, I didn’t notice that” Mina mumbles sleepily as she turns off the computer.

 

“Yeah” Dahyun nods “I’ll be heading home now, Ms. Myoui. Have a good night”

 

“No, wait. I’ll drop you off since it’s already late at night” Mina fixes her dress before grabbing her bag.

 

 

In going to the parking lot, the only conversation that they exchanged was Dahyun’s address. Driving to Dahyun’s house, there wasn’t really any conversation that was going on just the radio filli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter