SaNayeon

Twice Square
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

How would you like your coffee to be?


 

Being a barista would require one to be familiar with the different tastes of each coffee. Just like how one coffee is distinct from another just by either changing the amount of milk or even water. In creating a perfect brew of coffee, one must have the time and patience in understanding them. 

 

Just like how Im Nayeon’s previous crushes are. Similar to coffee, each personality of her crushes are unique from the other. For instance, when she brews a specific type of coffee, it would occasionally remind her of a specific crush that she used to have. She has a total of seven crushes and she has been assigned a specific type of coffee for them. 


 

First, there is Yoo Jeongyeon, her first-ever crush during her high school years. The coffee that she specifies to her is Ca Phe Sua Da. This drink originally came from Vietnam that means ‘Iced Milk Coffee’. Where mixing black coffee with a quarter to a half as much sweetened condensed milk that is being poured over ice.

 

Just like coffee, Yoo Jeongyeon is the epitome of a gentlewoman. She took good care of Nayeon, took her out on dates where the latter slowly blossomed her feelings. Whispering sweet nothings every time they stargaze. Nayeon had thought that she and Jeongyeon were compatible up until she walked into her kissing another girl. Nayeon thought when she confronts Jeongyeon about the issue, she thought it would have it easy. But that’s where she got it wrong. Instead of talking about it, Jeongyeon just ended up being cold and just abruptly cut off ties with Nayeon. 

 

Black coffee with a quarter to a half of condensed milk that is being poured over ice. For Nayeon’s taste bud, being with Yoo Jeongyeon can either end up in a long run or a short term favourite. But you have guessed where she had settled. 


 

Second, Hirai Momo, a transferee from Japan during their Junior year in high school. The coffee that Nayeon reminded of her was Cold Brew. Where the beverage does not use hot water. Instead, it used cold water and a long period is used in creating the finished cold coffee beverage. 

 

Without being said, Hirai Momo is that type of girl to spend a handful amount of time with. For Nayeon, Momo has a hard shell to crack on. An aloof girl that dances to express her emotions. Do not get Nayeon wrong but she does love spending time with the transferee but she could not picture them together. There are days when Momo can either be detached or timid, whereas, Nayeon is just carefree.

 

However, Momo taught her an important lesson in her life. It is when one does not jump into conclusion without understanding the whole situation. 


 

Third, Park Jihyo, the golden voice that everyone fell in love with and Nayeon was not an exception. Cortado is the coffee that is closely similar to the said girl. This coffee is an espresso cut with a small amount of warm milk to reduce the acidity. 

 

Park Jihyo is Nayeon’s junior in her music club. A warm girl with a big heart was Nayeon’s first impression of her junior. An outstanding vocalist that could melt her audience’s hearts with her euphonious voice. It took a considerable effort in getting to know Jihyo. Nayeon did enjoy her time with the latter, however, Jihyo is the type of person that could not say no to anyone. At first, it was alright but in the latter part, Nayeon could see in Jihyo’s eyes that she was forcing herself to hang out with Nayeon when truthfully she doesn’t want it. Nayeon had taught her that it was alright to turn her down but that took some time for Jihyo to eventually agree. 

 

Jihyo is too kind and Nayeon sees her as a delicate type of person. As time had passed, Jihyo remained sweet to Nayeon but carefully not to cross their friendship line. Yes, Jihyo is sweet but just borderline sweetness. 


 

Fourth, Myoui Mina, an important person during Nayeon’s childhood. Lungo is the type of coffee where there is more water than espresso. 

 

Mina and Nayeon have been with each other through thick and thin. It all started when Nayeon stood up for Mina against the bullies during their primary days. Knowing that Mina’s Korean vocab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter