DubChaeng + Mina

Twice Square
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sometimes red strings take its detours too

 

xxx

 

Their shared apartment is their haven most of the time except when Chaeyoung pulls Dahyun to her newly discovered Museum which leads that to their second haven. For their third? It’s always on each other’s arms. Cheesy but true.

 

One of their best days especially those times where they have the same days off from work is where they have that day called ‘Lazy Day’. Basically, it would just be them having a movie marathon while occupying the whole couch. Or sometimes they would play their PS4 together up until one of them (mostly Chaeyoung) would lash out until the other would pepper them with kisses.

 

There was this one time where Chaeyoung paints Salvador Dali’s The Persistence of Memory on Dahyun’s back and the latter thinks it was the prettiest. Well whatever Chaeyoung would make, Dahyun would consider it beautiful. Heck, you can even say that Dahyun is Chaeyoung’s number 1 supporter of all times. Dahyun would be in awe during the times where Chaeyoung would be painting especially for her assessments. Just by observing her lover is one of the best past times that she has- other than hiding some of Chaeyoung’s canvas just to get the younger’s full attention.

 

How did they meet? Easy, it was one of their common friends back in high school. Cliché but true. If it wasn’t for Kim Yeri, both wouldn’t end up with each other. Son Chaeyoung was one of those popular students since she has been part with numerous things in their school. From one one who participates painting competitions to the one who would ace all her classes. There was this one time where Chaeyoung was known for ‘the girl who hacked the school’s cctvs’. It was purely accidental when she really needed to get in the school grounds during that one midnight without being seen by the school guards. Not going to lie but that made Chaeyoung feel both excitement and nervous and up to this day, she hopes that the teachers won’t find out about her ‘rebellion day’.

 

Kim Dahyun? She is one of those class clowns and her fellow classmates love her. She is a part of the school’s newspaper team particularly the editorial team. She has encounters Chaeyoung at some occasions but did not spare her another glance. But when Yeri introduced them both, she had thought the girl is interesting. Dahyun was the first person (aside from her best friends) to stepped in her safe zone which the room where she paints. From that day, Dahyun realized that she is starting to fall slowly towards the said girl.

 

She confessed during her graduation and both had promised in being in the same University where Dahyun would be studying. By the time that Chaeyoung graduated the following year, Dahyun had moved out from her parent’s house since it took an hour and a half going to her University. She had rented an apartment that is 15 minutes away from her University and thankfully Chaeyoung agreed to live with her.

 

Instead of using 2 bedrooms in their apartment, they somehow along the way abandoned the other room to which Chaeyoung converted it to her painting room. Living with each other isn’t so bad as they think it would be. Both girls are responsible, and they have come to an agreement to divide the house chores except Chaeyoung insists to do more work to which she earns a smack from her girlfriend. Grocery shopping is one of their favourite routine to do aside from shopping clothes. Both would sometimes banter in the grocery since the younger girl would often put unnecessary things inside their cart. Hint, it’s what kids would usually put in their parent’s cart too.

 

People would often say that their relationship are domestic and neither of them could even deny it. Others would also call them ‘the old married couple’ on how they would usually act in public. There was this one time where Chaeyoung was about to enter another clothing shop when Dahyun held her shoulders in pushing her girlfriend away from the shop. Another is when, they ordered the same food at the same time and Chaeyoung would be saying ‘stop copying me, Dubs!’ and Dahyun would just lean and give her a peck on the lips.

 

Everyone would also say on how their relationship is perfect. There are couples who fight over jealousy especially those little things but for Chaeyoung and Dahyun? The only time that they would fight is on who will have the last piece of meat on the plate. Despite having their part time jobs for 3 days (if the Semester is starting) up to 6 days (during their Semester break) they would always find time to be with each other. One would cook something for the other and waiting for her to come home before she could eat. They have that tradition where they would wait for each other especially when they eat.

 

There are times where they talk about their future together as soon as they both graduated in University. Chaeyoung had promised to buy a better apartment to her girlfriend but Dahyun on the other hand, loves their current apartment. Despite being small, it still holds various memories. Memories where everything started. Dahyun had promised that she wants to take Chaeyoung to other countries while in the background Chaeyoung would say ‘let’s live in Europe in the future, I think that country is beautiful’ while the former nods before giving her a peck on the forehead.

 

While they are currently on their 2nd and 3rd year in the University, they aren’t safe from numerous admirers. Chaeyoung is still well-known as one of the best painters in her Department and has been competing Nationally since then. Last time, she attended a friendly competition in Japan but Dahyun couldn’t attend due to her back to back due dates of her assessments. In truth, Dahyun finished her assessments ahead of time and had emailed her tutors during the final submission day. Chaeyoung was actually shocked when she saw her girlfriend among the crowd during the day of her competition.

“What the heck, Dubs! You told me that you have your assessments due this week? I swear if you decided to drop – “

 

“Relax Chaeng, I got everything done ahead of time and which is why I am here!”

 

 

Chaeyoung gave Dahyun a tight hug as she kisses her girlfriend’s lips to which she earned an earful teasing from the other students in her Uni. A blush crept in her cheeks as she made her way to her school’s team to celebrate their victory. She peeked towards Dahyun as she saw the said girl gave her a double thumbs up while mouthing ‘I’m so proud of you’.

 

Chaeyoung is indeed lucky to have a supportive girlfriend like Dahyun. Sometimes she wonders what her world would be if Dahyun isn’t present in her life, it would probably wouldn’t be the same. Whenever she would think of Dahyun, she would always think of a bright future ahead of them.

 

Later that night Dahyun treated Chaeyoung to dinner in celebrating her win. She only came in 3rd but Dahyun would insist that she is still a winner in the competition. It was one of the best nights that she had spent with Dahyun, a memorable one. They took a late-night train in going to the beach and stayed there till sunrise just by talking to whatever they could come up with. They went for a morning swim, more likely skinny dipping if you ask Dahyun. Instead of going back to their hotel, they resided in a motel not far from the shore. Then things got heated up a bit.

 

Chaeyoung loves on how Dahyun would touch her, it was gentle and always reassures Chaeyoung but sometimes she could get tad bit rough but Chaeyoung isn’t complaining. In fact, she loves both sides of Kim Dahyun. Soft whispers of ‘I love you’ and slow kisses on each other’s body when they came to an end is Chaeyoung’s favourite. Dahyun would sometimes sleep afterwards but most of the time she would openly stare at Chaeyoung while caressing the younger’s cheek. Chaeyoung on the other hand, would snuggle to her neck as she wraps her arms around her girlfriend’s waist. She sleeps better every time she is with Dahyun. Soft snores would escape from Chaeyoung’s mouth as soon as she gets her comfortable spot while Dahyun would give her one last kiss on her forehead before she could drift to her own dreamland.

 

Japan is beautiful indeed.

 

xxx

 

“Chaeng look at how Homer’s tummy would bounce”

 

 

Dahyun clicks on the play button as Homer Simpson is running while his stomach is jiggling. Chaeyoung laughs out loud as she smacks her girlfriend’s shoulder.

 

 

“Dubs, I don’t think your tutor would only accept that kind of repetitive animation for 3 minutes”

 

“But don’t you think I might get a HD instead of getting a D in Mrs. Shim’s class”

 

“Oh my god Dubs, go back to work!”

 

“No, no! One last, just watch this with me and I promise to work properly”

 

 

If Dahyun’s classmates or relatives would be asked on which major would be suited for Dahyun and they would always say either Philosophy or Psychology. But when Dahyun took Animation as her major, people were caught off guard because they would think Dahyun just took that major because of her girlfriend. In fact, when they saw Dahyun’s works they believed that the said girl actually has the talent to create amazing animations.

 

Hand in hand they met their group of friends since they have decided to meet during lunch in going to a theme park called Everland. Mark Lee and Yabuki Nako are Chaeyoung’s best buddies while Lee Nakyung and Lee Seoyeon are Dahyun’s friends. The group were ecstatic to visit the said theme park as some of their classmates would talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter