NaTzu

Twice Square
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sometimes one does need a personal wingman in order to get through the day

 

xxx

 

 

When someone says ‘University’, what does come into one’s mind? Probably, tons and tons of assessments to do, deadly tutors, or even the most common one, the sleepless nights. Before entering the University, one could hear great stories from a senior friend in that University. That would make the incoming Freshman excited. But truth to be told, not all are created from rainbows and unicorns.

 

There are things that one should at least try once in their life when they get into University.

 

Is attend the University parties either the start of the semester or by the end of each semester. If one isn’t too busy with their major, they should go and explore the wide variety of clubs. This last step is the most common thing for a University student to undergo, which is the food. Fast food or instant ramen, your choice.

 

But one could ask Nayeon on what is her most favourite memory in her 2 years in the University? She would directly say none and proceed to explain on how she would catch up the deadlines every damn week. No, she isn’t one of your smartest students in the block, but she would usually leave her assessments or researches the last minute. Yep, you heard that right. Im Nayeon prefers to go into parties rather than spend the night, at least one night to do her assessments.

 

Her routine every weekday would be waking up restless, skip breakfast and just infuse herself with energy drinks (she had said it herself that this is the quickest way to die), attend her tutorials, eat either lunch or dinner depending on her schedule, work on her assessments for at least 2 – 3 hours before hitting the bed. While her routine on the weekend would be grabbing coffee nearby her University alongside with her roommates namely Jisoo and Jihyo, work on her assessments while staying at the café, when evening strikes, she would at the club with her other friends namely Jeongyeon, Sana, and Minseok.

 

If anyone would come up to her and tell her that her life is a mess, Nayeon would full heartedly agree on that. For this last year in her University, she would be trying to get her life back together. It wouldn’t be that easy since temptation is just around the corner- aka her shared apartment is just near those places.

 

The first few weeks was a mess, Nayeon really did try to tone it done, trying not to give in to her friend’s invitations. Honestly, she was proud of herself since she hasn’t been to the club for almost 3 weeks straight but somehow, she is craving for it.

 

That’s why, during the next weekend, Nayeon was seen at the club once again. Slowly itching back to her old habits. She did tell her flatmates that she wouldn’t be staying out late since she would be doing her assessment ahead of time. But the next thing happened is that Nayeon did the opposite thing, it was around 5am where she finally reached home. She tried to tone down the noise that she was making but no luck was present on her side when she accidentally walked in straight to the wall. The cause of this was she didn’t turn the lights on. Jisoo, her light sleeper friend automatically sprang out from her bed and to rush out from her room. There she saw Nayeon rubbing her face while lying down on the floor.

 

 

“Oh my god Nayeon” Jisoo gasps as she tries to help Nayeon up.

“Not too loud, Jisoo. I don’t want to wake Jihyo up”

 

 

With that Jisoo assisted Nayeon in going to her room. There she helped the poor girl in changing to her pajamas before tucking her to sleep.

 

The following Monday came in and Nayeon had not finished even one initial research yet. She internally preparing herself for another earful conversation coming from her tutors. And so, it did happen, she couldn’t help but to feel guilty not only to herself but also to her flatmates. She knew that they are the most understanding people that she had come across, but she felt that she had betrayed them when Nayeon had promised to do her research.

 

For the whole weekday, all Nayeon did was to get her s half done. She has been camping a lot either in the library or in that coffee shop where her flatmates and her are residing to do their homeworks. But there are times where her friends would ask her if she wants to go out once again. With all of her might, she had declined them for the nth time this week. She does feel bad about it, but she needs to finish her assessments first before she could do something stupid.

 

Yes, even week after week soon turns into months that Nayeon still does her usual routine, from the library to the coffee shop. Even Jihyo does give her THAT kind of look when she sees Nayeon working on her assessments during weekends. Nayeon just shrugs it off.

 

As their semester break comes in, both of her flatmates went back to their respective provinces. Jihyo had asked Nayeon once if she would go back to Daejeon but Nayeon had declined that she would be spending her break at the dorms. Before Jihyo would leave in going to Ulsan, she had reminded Nayeon to be careful when she goes to the club.

 

If being honest, Nayeon could always go back to Daejeon but what would she do there? Just do more paperwork for her father’s company? No, sir. It would be better of spending her break at the apartment. Getting a part time job would be better and that’s why Nayeon had been applying several company weeks before her break would come in.

 

There are a handful of companies that wrote back to her, from retail to beverages. If she is completely being honest, she did choose to apply in the beverage area specifically in the liquior company called Malt District. Why did she even choose it? Well, you know? Just in case she wants a discount on liquors.

 

WHO IS SHE KIDDING? SHE ALWAYS WANTS DISCOUNTS.

 

It is also a plus points for Nayeon since she does live 10 minutes away from the said shop. Not to mention, she does have a night shift, an accurate excuse in ditching her usual club session. She does work 5 times a week, 3 of them are night shifts and the other 2 are afternoon shifts.

 

Another distraction to not spend her money.

 

xxx

 

The following semester, she surprisingly balanced both of her part time and her studies well. But what surprises her the most is that she doesn’t really stay out that long anymore if ever her friends are asking her to go with them. Even Jihyo and Jisoo are surprised by her sudden shift of behavior but nonetheless they gave Nayeon a thumbs up.

 

Seoulmate café, is her and her flatmate’s favourite café but there is one thing that Nayeon didn’t noticed is when the said café had hired 3 more new employees. 2 of them are baristas and the other one is their cashier. One of them is Jihyo’s junior in the Engineering Department since there’s a couple of times that the girl would go to their apartment for Jihyo to tutor her. What was her name again? Saeyoung? Chorong? But it sounds like about it.

 

 

“Chaeyoung!” Jihyo beams as she sees her.

Aha. There we go, it’s Chaeyoung.

 

The young barista looks up from what she is doing before offering her Senior a warm smile while the other 2 bowed their heads politely. As Jihyo and Chaeyoung catches up with each other’s vacation, Nayeon is there awkwardly standing behind them while checking out the menu. She looks at the cashier who has dyed her hair into blonde purple in giving her a smile as she gives her order.

 

 

“Chewy, one cappuccino with one sugar” the cashier places the receipt on the table right beside the barista.

 

 

Nayeon goes to the drop off area after she thanks the cashier. Not going to lie but this barista sure does look beautiful as Nayeon subtly gives her a glance. Not long when her coffee is done, the said barista was about to call Nayeon’s name but Nayeon quickly shoots her hand up before taking her cup. The barista didn’t look at her while giving Nayeon’s cup instead she’s reading the next order on her table. This was Nayeon’s chance to take a closer look at the barista. Yep, she does confirm that this girl sure does look pretty even in close up.

 

 

“Uh, you can let my go of my hand now” the barista slowly looks at Nayeon.

Nayeon gazes where her hand is holding onto her cup while the other is resting on the barista’s hand “I, uh- yeah. Thanks!”

“Enjoy your coffee, sunbae”

 

 

Normally, Nayeon would usually smack people when they call her that, she would prefer unnie or noona more than sunbae. But coming fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter