JeongSa

Twice Square
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love, at first sight, is a thing?

 

Jeongyeon didn’t believe in the saying ‘there’s always someone that is right for you’. 

 

Well, at least she used to not believe it. 

 

She didn’t believe it was true as she had witnessed her friends getting their heartbroken in every relationship they had. That was until she crossed paths with a certain Japanese at one of their university’s party. All that she knew about the girl was that she was a senior of one of her best friends, Jihyo. 

 

To say the least that certain Japanese girl gave Jeongyeon a completely different perspective. 

 

Sana. Minatozaki Sana was the girl’s name. Jeongyeon thought the girl would be one of those typical girls who would flirt with anyone and have one night stands. No, Sana wasn’t like that. Instead, Sana was pretty much vocal about anything, from her major, how ty her tutors are, to how she rambled about how ecstatic she was in solving a 1000 pieces of a puzzle that her friend Momo gave her for her birthday. Despite how random and quirky Sana was, maybe, just maybe Jeongyeon had experienced love, at first sight, that night.

 

Their paths would cross on multiple occasions after that, such as running into each other at the university’s cafe or the lecture hall. Funny how every time they had bumped into each other, Jeongyeon could feel her cheeks burning up or sometimes she would stutter. 

 

‘Just ask the girl out’, Nayeon playfully bumps her shoulder onto Jeongyeon.

 

‘I swear to God Nayeon. I will smack you if you don’t stop’, Jeongyeon hissed. 

 

They were in the cafe when both Nayeon and Jihyo spotted Sana waiting in line with one of her friends. They had stood not far from Sana with Jeongyeon trying to make a quick escape but Nayeon’s iron grip wouldn’t let her. Before Jeongyeon could let out another complaint, Jihyo pushed Jeongyeon onto Sana, startling her. 

 

Looking back, Jeongyeon wouldn’t say this out loud but she thanked both of her best friends for that moment.

 

From having study dates every weekend to having impromptu coffee dates, one thing led to another before Jeongyeon mustered up the courage to ask Sana to be her girlfriend.

 

It was bliss whenever Jeongyeon was with Sana. If one had asked her what was one of her favourite memories with her girlfriend, she would usually say that it was when they moved in together, or when they assembled one of Jeongyeon’s legos.

 

6 years had passed rather too quickly. Both of them now had stable jobs where Jeongyeon is a famous chef at a 5-star restaurant, while Sana is a professor at their alma mater. Not just that, but some of their friends got married over the past couple of years. 

 

Jeongyeon had been thinking about marriage awfully a lot these past months. 

 

What if Sana isn’t ready?

 

What if Sana wanted to focus on her profession for now?

 

What if-

 

‘Jeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter