NaMo

Twice Square
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being Platonic does not mean the world is ending

 

 

xxx

 

 

It is funny on how both of their relationship started off as one of those cliché plots where both parties hated each other. Well that was what Nayeon and Momo started off- like literally they could snap each other’s necks if one is just peacefully breathing. It started during Primary Level when one of their common friends introduced both Nayeon and Momo to each other, thinking that they would get along pretty well. But boy oh boy, that friend guessed it wrong. It was when Nayeon openly admitted to that friend that Momo is becoming annoying. Poor Momo doesn’t have any clue on why Nayeon would say that to her- maybe JUST maybe it is because that friend and her had more things in common with them.

 

For starters, Momo and that friend used to bond over drawings and mangas aka Naruto (get this, Momo has a whole collection of the mangas). Nayeon would always find it weird on why the hell would both of them run JUST LIKE HOW NARUTO AND HIS FRIENDS DOES but Momo would often call it “the ninja run”. It also happened a couple of times where both Momo and their said friend would suddenly shout ‘rasengan’ and ‘chidori’ along the corridors whenever they see not far from each other.

 

What in the world did Nayeon got into?

 

Fast forward when they finally reached high school- believe it or not, that tension with each other somehow evaporates but not completely. Instead of ripping each other’s throats, it was replaced by being awkward with each other. Neither Momo nor Nayeon are hanging out with their common friend the moment when they entered high school. In Momo’s defense, that friend was too possessive with her- like she would message the young Japanese every day and if not she would call her every night. Momo felt suffocated. For Nayeon, she somehow separated from the group few months before graduating- it’s because she couldn’t stand on how her friend’s parents are too bloody judgmental just because Nayeon wasn’t raised by religious parents. Nayeon never regretted separating from them though, it’s because she finally found her very own group of friends where she finally belongs.

 

The first 2 years in high school went on smoothly not until during their Junior Year where both Nayeon and Momo became classmates. The first few weeks was hard to adjust especially seeing that person where you used to hate every weekdays. But it was up until there was a surprise phone inspection, almost everybody in their class was caught off-guard except Momo. She was in pure luck when she overheard the discussion between the Disciplinary Officer and one of their subject Teacher. Credits to her quick reflexes whereas she placed her phone underneath her books inside her locker before going back to class.

 

“”

 

Momo snaps back to reality when she heard a familiar voice grunting beside her. Im Nayeon. By her looks, she was at the bridge of just surrendering her phone since nowhere is safe to hide her gadget. Yes, the Disciplinary Officer rummages the bags of the student since it is where they commonly hide almost everything- from their phone to their portable consoles which are Nintendo DS or their PSP, you name it.

 

“Relax Nayeon” Momo glances at her seatmate while keeping her voice low

 

“Are you trying to lighten up the mood? Because it’s seriously not working, smart one” the said girl shoots daggers towards the younger girl.

 

“Give me your phone”

 

“Oh, so what happens next? Handing it over to them? How bout no?”

 

“Trust me on this. Just for this time”

 

Nayeon hesitated before she slides her phone on the floor quickly as the Disciplinary Officer is busy inspecting the first few students in their class. Momo picks up the phone before she slides it inside her pocket.

 

It’s now or never

 

“Mrs. Lee, I forgot my Economics book inside my locker. Will it be fine if I could go out and get it before our class could properly start?” Momo stands up in getting her teacher’s attention.

 

Momo is that kind of teenager where she is friends with almost everyone in the student body. She does her homework diligently and passing it on time. She is mostly quiet during class but she does have her moments where she becomes talkative once in a while. What most people don’t know the true Momo is that she is one of the rebels in their year level. But thanks to her innocent type of face, teachers would often let her pass, thinking that Momo wouldn’t do those kinds of things.

 

Entering the teenage years, Nayeon became that ‘typical’ teenager. She often talks back to the teachers whenever they tried to pinpoint something that Nayeon has done. Either the lower year level or the higher year level does know that Nayeon would always have that one teacher cried in her class once a year because of her sharp tongue.

 

“Momo-“ Nayeon’s eyes widen as she realized on what Momo will be doing.

 

“Don’t worry, Nayeon. I will always have your back”

 

 

xxx

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter