DahMo

Twice Square
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guess this is where we say “ it, there is no turning back now”

 

 

Kim Dahyun grew up in a religious household where her parents always remind her and her brother to do good deeds towards their neighbor for good karma will return. She is that typical daughter where she has good grades, attends the church, and gets involve with any volunteering programs either in her church or in her University. Her life has been this peaceful where she has a supportive family and 3 amazing friends which are mainly Jihyo, Wendy, and Gayeon, where she met them in their local church.

 

Her so called perfect life only lasted this peaceful Saturday morning where she heard some crashing sounds at the house beside theirs. She could not make out on which language they were talking but Dahyun is sure that it is foreign. She suddenly remembers her European neighbor who moved out not long ago, hence, why the house was on lease. Samantha was a good friend; she even offers to tutor Dahyun english for 5 years before moving back to London a few weeks ago.

 

The Korean slowly pushes herself off from her bed before peeking at her window on what was going on outside. There she saw a family of 4, both parents and one of their daughters helped each other in transferring their things in their newly bought house while the other daughter is smoking at the side of their house. Dahyun’s nose scrunches up in distaste but not letting any comments slipped .

 

 

“Dubs, get ready and change, we’re going to the cake shop to take the cake that we reserved for dad’s birthday”

 

 

Dahyun glances at her brother as she nods at him. As her brother closes the door, the said girl takes a quick glance at the girl from earlier just to see her helping her parents. She shrugs before turning her back to prepare her clothes.

 

Forgive me Lord for what I have sinned, I did not mean to judge her that quick.

 

--

Monday came in a little bit faster the following week, not that Dahyun is complaining. But as usual, she arrives at least 20 minutes before her class would start, enough time to visit the student council to lazed around Gayeon’s office. And as usual, Gayeon’s office always have that citrus scent to which Dahyun found comfort in. Actually Dahyun and her friends are active in participating in their University’s programs where Gayeon is one of the student councils, Jihyo is also one of the student councils although she participates in the choir which is the same as Wendy where she an all-rounder, that girl could sing and play a couple of instruments.

 

 

“How was your weekend, Dubs?” Gayeon takes a sit across her best friend while sipping her coffee.

Dahyun shrugs as she finds a comfortable position on the couch “should be saying same old but I guess I have a new neighbor that moved in last Saturday”

The former’s brows raise in interest “oh? Did you say hi to them?”

“No” Dahyun stretches her lips in forming a thin line “I was preoccupied all weekend”

 

 

It was not a lie nor the truth when Dahyun said it. Yes, she was occupied both Saturday and Sunday but that was only up until the afternoon but not in the evening. She shrugs once again as she pulls out her Human Disciplinary book and pretended to study to dodge the questions of Gayeon if ever she decides to ask again.

 

 

“Oi Momo! How’s your new neighbourhood?” Jeongyeon greets her as soon as she enters her class with a fist bump.

Momo groans as she slumps her torso on her desk in burying her face on her backpack “ty. There are more old people than people my age”

Jeongyeon’s loud laughter boomed in their class “holy , is the party animal Momo going to retire soon?”

“Shut up moron” Momo flips a finger at Jeongyeon before chuckling lightly.

“Party at Bambam’s place this Friday, don’t miss it grandma”

“ you Yoo Jeongyeon”

 

--

Friday came in rolling. The next thing that Dahyun found herself in was on her bed, exhausted. Not because of the quiz in one of her subjects but her organizing the programs that will be held in their University the following week. She slowly gets up from her mattress before placing her laptop on her lap as she continues her researches in one of her subjects.

 

 Studying Psychology was all fun up until she steps up another level each year where she had rounds at the Psychiatric hospital. A lot of restless nights for her and graveyard shifts are such a pain in the arse at times, but she does not complain. In fact, it is weird to admit but she kind of like that shift. Silence comforts her during her shifts but she could not avoid the horror stories that some of her fellow interns shared.

 

Heavy eyelids while staring back at her laptop’s screen, eyeglasses slowly sliding down on the bridge of her nose, scattered research papers on her desk that is accompanied with 2 of her highlighters. This is a typical scene every Friday night for Dahyun, people would usually ask her on why she does not enjoy her Friday nights like a typical University student. In her defense, she just wants to finish her research before she could do her rounds would start again.

 

She stretches her body while yawning before looking at her wall clock which read 2:29 am. Dahyun was about to shut her desk lamp when she sees the silhouettes of two people in the room of her neighbour’s house. She should have not been nosy but her curiosity peeks in when she leans in her window to see clearly on what they are doing but the next thing that had happened made Dahyun regret full time. She sees her neighbour’s daughter taking off the other girl’s clothes with their mouths still connected. The moment she felt her cheeks heating up, she quickly pulls the blinds down as she turns off her desk lamp off. And that night, Dahyun laid awake on her bed, thinking on the consequences that she will receive.

 

As the weekend came, Dahyun may have thanked the heavens because she did not come across the girl that resides across her room. The weekends made her busy, where on Saturday she went to see her friends to collect their ideas for the programs at their University the following week. While on Sunday, she went to church with her family before meeting her cousin’s family later that afternoon.

 

The following week, Dahyun was busy with the programs that was held in her University for 3 days while she was juggling her researches and studying at the same time. Yes, she was tired, but she was never the first one to complain about it.

 

 

“Dahyun, Baekhyun is having a party at his place this Friday night” Wendy sits beside the pale. But when Dahyun was about to reject the offer, Wendy quickly cuts in “I do not accept a no for an answer, let’s have some fun once in a while”.

 

Dahyun turns her head towards her two other friends asking for their help but only to see their equally pleading eyes. In the end, Dahyun surrendered and eventually agreed with them only if Jihyo would pick her up to which the said girl quickly agreed.

 

Dahyun’s parents was not the main case on why she has been turning down party offers, in fact, they are the ones who would tell Dahyun to at least attend some of the parties that was being offered to her. The only that Dahyun would say as an excuse are her research papers when in fact, she does her researches way too ahead of time specifically 2 -3 weeks ahead. Not only that, but Dahyun is also the biggest homebody, where she seeks comfort on her bed whilst reading a novel.

 

As Friday comes in a blink of an eye, Dahyun found herself once again preparing herself on what she should be wearing at the party. After a couple of minutes (it was half an hour of her deciding), she settles in wearing an oversized jumper pairing with boyfriend jeans and her vans. With this, she quickly changes her clothing and answered her friend’s call informing her that they are all outside.

 

She may not be vocal on how she is feeling right now but she enjoys the party. She meets other people and for a while she settles with them at the couch in Baekhyun’s place before she sees a certain jet-black haired girl came in the room. Dahyun leans towards Yeri, eyeing her neighbour’s movement while asking the girl if she happens to know her.

 

“Ah Hirai Momo?” Yeri glances to where Momo is before looking back at Dahyun. “You don’t know her?” she raises a brow.

Dahyun shakes her head before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter