Chapter 9

But Not For Me

Hakyeon can't seem to forget the day when he pushed Taekwoon away after they kissed. The feeling of Taekwoon's soft lips are still fresh on his lips, Hakyeon was baffled when Taekwoon locked his eyes on him and suddenly placed a kiss on his lips. Which it is his FIRST kiss. Nobody ever touched his lips before, not even Sanghyuk. Hakyeon sighed in his dance class before he suddenly flops on the floor feeling distracted. Taekwoon was brave, he thinks. To Hakyeon, it was only gratitude for bringing Taekwoon to the infirmary. 

Just like how Taekwoon helped him from those bullies, Hakyeon doesn't want anything more to do with him. Regardless of how much Taekwoon's kiss affected him, Hakyeon refused to see Taekwoon. When he saw him from afar at the cafeteria, he runs. When he saw Taekwoon at the boxing club with Sanghyuk, he runs. When Taekwoon saw him anywhere, he runs. And it has been three days since Hakyeon avoiding Taekwoon which Sanghyuk also noticed the indifferent acts of Hakyeon. He always wanted to go somewhere when they saw Taekwoon at the same place as them.

Hakyeon rolls himself on the floor, groaning out incoherent noises alone with a towel covers his face. He still has an hour to stay here in the dance class before dismissed and then go home. No matter how much Hakyeon wanted to go home, he just can't because of the mandatory practice here. Now he learns that Taekwoon actually likes him, Hakyeon can't focus on the dance that he supposed to learn to. The short confession and a kiss were too much for him to handle. The dancer grabs the phone from his pocket and saw a text came from Sanghyuk, saying that he will go home early and can't wait for him because of his own boxing class too.

He gives a few seconds of his mind thinking what should he replies Sanghyuk until he only comes out with a simple 'okay' and back to his dreaming. However, that only lasts for a minute when the generous dance president of his group playfully kicked him on his . "Hakyeonie, someone wanted to meet you," hearing that someone wants to meet him, Hakyeon moves a little bit and too lazy to sit up so he just asked whoever wants to meet him just get inside. He's too tired to walk out.

And it was his own fault when the guy that wants to talk to him was the same person that Hakyeon tries to avoid for days. The same guy who should be in the boxing class as Sanghyuk but now here he is goofing around in the dance class. Taekwoon pulls away the towel that coves Hakyeon's eyes, making the dancer squints to see who was the one daring enough to take it off. The feeling of anger quickly dissolves and turns to surprise as he saw it was Taekwoon. Sitting up, Hakyeon pushes Taekwoon a little hard enough to make him drop from his crouching.

"What are you doing here?!" Hakyeon asked, almost screaming. He looks around and saw everyone is no longer inside and the last guy was his junior, excusing himself for a drink. Then, he was left alone with a smiling Taekwoon in the empty room.

"Hi!" the first word that he heard from Taekwoon's mouth, as he wears a smile on his glossy pink lips. That touched Hakyeon before.

"Wha- what are you doing here? Do- don't you have a cla- class with Sanghyuk?" Hakyeon stammers surprised to see Taekwoon here with him instead of going to his class. 

"Why are you avoiding me?" Taekwoon asked him back, but Hakyeon looks away instead of looking into Taekwoon's eyes and answer him. Sitting down facing Hakyeon, Taekwoon keeps staring at him, waiting for an answer coming out from Hakyeon. It makes Hakyeon look away from him when his intention was already busted. Taekwoon doesn't buy that since he had enough of Hakyeon avoiding him ever since they kissed. For Taekwoon it's never wrong since Hakyeon is no one's boyfriend.

Hissing, Hakyeon gathers his towel that Taekwoon pulled earlier and walks to his stuff. He has no more energy to entertain Taekwoon after his class. The dance class isn't finished yet but Hakyeon himself called it off since he doesn't want to see Taekwoon so he will text the President later on. Taekwoon watches from behind when Hakyeon crouches to put his stuff inside the sling bag before he quickly grabs Hakyeon's bag and carry for him. "Let me carry this for you," he sheepishly smiles to the dancer.

Even if the latter tries to take back what's his, Taekwoon refuses to give it back and he has privileges since Taekwoon is much taller than him. Hakyeon has no options but to stick with him. Along the journey of them to Hakyeon's direction which Hakyeon himself also doesn't know where should he go. Instead of going back to his home, Hakyeon stops in front of a coffee shop that he and Hyuk always go before they went back home. Looking back, Hakyeon noticed that Taekwoon is still following him with his back on Taekwoon's left arm.

"When will you give me my back and STOP FOLLOWING ME!" Hakyeon half yells and tries to snatch his bag, but Taekwoon is still persistent in holding Hakyeon's bag for him.

"Nope, until you tell me why you avoid me," the boxer smiles, frustrates Hakyeon with his answer. Stomping his feet, Hakyeon protests and enters the coffee shop to get cold drinks for his dry throat and re-energized himself. He was worn out already by listening to Taekwoon's endless talks only to get his attention. Some of the questions were 'hey Hakyeon what do you like to eat?' 'have you ever date someone' 'my ex smells bad' and more. Hakyeon pretends to listen or he doesn't listen to all because Taekwoon's voice isn't loud but he talks so much.

Hakyeon finally gets his banana smoothies and Taekwoon's cafe latte which he offers to pay but Hakyeon is quicker in paying for them both. "Don't take it wrong. I just paid back your drinks before," Hakyeon cuts Taekwoon off when he's about to say something and take a seat at the place where he always sit. 

"Do you come here often?" 

"Is that your favorite drink?"

"How does it tastes like?"

"Can I try it?" Hakyeon offers his drinks for Taekwoon to have some. Well, he's just being generous but when Taekwoon smiles he knows right away the boxer has another thing in his mind.

"I wanna taste the one on your lips," he teases, which Hakyeon almost chokes his drinks. "What the ?" Hakyeon rolls his eyes. Taekwoon laughs to see Hakyeon's funny reaction before he stands up and grabs some tissues for Hakyeon. The intense cursing still can be heard when Taekwoon sits down and tries to wipe on his lips.

Hakyeon being Hakyeon before Taekwoon gets to touch his lips, he quickly snatches the tissues and wipes it himself. "This is all your fault!" he said while patting his lips and extra milk on his cheek. 

Taekwoon gives no care at all with Hakyeon's cursing on him but continues to drink his coffee and watch Hakyeon being angry. This is the first time he saw someone this cute when getting mad and sometimes Hakyeon looks adorable when he's scared too. Scared of Taekwoon's flirtatious acts. But the time when Taekwoon found him pretty was the look when Hakyeon dances. And just now, he has mixed emotion upon watching Hakyeon danced and then he was scared when Taekwoon suddenly appeared before his eyes.

His staring was obvious and noticeable, as Hakyeon has to tap the table, bringing Taekwoon back from his daydreaming. "Are you really going to stare or finish your drinks, idiot?" the dancer scolds.

"What if  I want to stare? Do I have to pay?" Taekwoon leans closer to the table, closing the proximity of his and Hakyeon's. He could take a better look at Hakyeon ruffled hair, the brown round orbs- it was glossy and shiny which Taekwoon found them adorable. Just where did Sanghyuk found this kind of adorable friend when he was that huge and manly. "If you want to stare then you can finish your drinks here. I'm going and you can stare at the chair all the way you want," 

"Awh, wait! We haven't finished talking. Hakyeon! Can you even tell why you avoid me? Did I do something wrong?" Taekwoon runs quicker to stop Hakyeon who is already walking at the front, leaving him. He stops his feet, confronting Hakyeon as he heaves his breath. Seriously, his legs aren't very long but he walks so fast! Taekwoon speaks in his mind. Looking at Hakyeon, the dancer again sighs when Taekwoon is not leaving him alone.

"Yes, it's wrong! You took advantage of my kindness that I brought you to the infirmary by kissing me! That's wrong!" the dancer shouts, flinching Taekwoon with his voice. 

"But I like you. And you're single too. So, there's nothing wrong," Taekwoon's straight forward acts attract the passerby at the street they're walking. People start looking when they shouted at each other, no differences that a fighting couple. Especially when a kiss was mentioned. Hakyeon notices the look they get and start to walk away again. 

And Taekwoon won't stop chasing after him. "Hakyeon waits!"

"Hakyeon, okay! I'm sorry for kissing you! I won't do it again, but at least can you not avoid me?" it was childish, and Hakyeon doesn't believe Taekwoon at all when he said he won't do it again when Taekwoon has all the chance to steal kisses or whatever from him since Hakyeon knows that Taekwoon likes him. How far he can take that confession, Hakyeon is unsure himself. He remembers that Taekwoon is Sanghyuk's biggest rival, enemy and he doesn't want to hurt Sanghyuk by getting friendly with this Taekwoon guy.

And he decided to give Taekwoon the direct answer again. "No. I have no reason to see you. We're not even in the same class, club or anything. Go away!" Hakyeon tries to take his bag from Taekwoon, but the god of luck isn't on his side this time when Hakyeon suddenly trips on his own foot which resulting him to fall.

But who knows, the God of luck is sided with Taekwoon, when Hakyeon falls direct in front of him which he quickly catches him, on his waist. It was a moment of silence when Hakyeon was so surprised with what had happened, and how now he ends up in Taekwoon's arms. The clench on Taekwoon's school uniform was tight, in the mixture of he doesn't want to fall plus he was so surprised that he was caught by Taekwoon. They look into each other's eyes, especially Hakyeon as he gets a whole look for Taekwoon's face. 

The situation was so romantic as if they come out from the novel when a handsome boy tripped and fall on another handsome boy's arm. It's a dreamy situation if we could enhance it stronger.

"Is my arm that comfortable you want to stay longer? I don't mind bec- ow! It hurts!" Hakyeon detaches himself from Taekwoon's arms and steps on his foot as hard as he can before stealing his own school bag. It was embarrassing, very embarrassing! To have himself fall on the annoying Taekwoon! Hakyeon curses himself as he quickly runs away from the taller. Whatever profanity that comes from his mouth is so powerful that Hakyeon really regrets walking with him. This is all Taekwoon's fault for taking his bag along with him.

Hakyeon whines and curses, as it's going to be a long semester. As long as Taekwoon is still there.

 


 

p/s

finally after years lmao I'm sorry for holding this fanfic back. I was considering to unpublish bcs i don't know if this story is interesting or not. and i have no idea what to write. but slowly i gathered the idea from the prompts that I've been reading finally i know how to create a taekwoon. This story might end up between chasang or neo idk myself lol but MAY IF KNOW WHICH PAIRINGS YOU WANT HAKYEON TO END UP WITH? I'd be thankful if you tell me in the comment section. thankyou for reading and wait for me!