Chapter 5

But Not For Me

It was such a fine day in school, when he helped the teacher with her books at the room. It was normal for Hakyeon to help all the teachers especially when it related with books or dance. The teachers love his friendly, soft spoken attitude. He and Sanghyuk are very contrasting because is more like a nice kid when Sanghyuk brings trouble to the school- despite of his great athletic's ability. Hakyeon walks at the corridor, fixing his soft fluff silky hair that was messed up when he had to arrange the books on the higher place. Another reason why the teachers like him, he's tall. Suddenly, when he was about to turn the left side of the corridor, Hakyeon was accidentally bumped to a taller male's chest- much taller than him, resulting Hakyeon to fall on his .

To say it was an accident, you could say it is entirely NOT an accident for the taller male. He practically knew Hakyeon was there thanks to his two friends for giving him the information. Taekwoon looks down, Hakyeon is rubbing both his head and his . Sticking out his right hand, Taekwoon offers for a help but Hakyeon doesn't buy that. He easily stands up even he had to sigh like an old an before standing straight with a soft 'no thanks' coming up from his mouth. As Hakyeon tries to move away from Taekwoon, he purposelly stop Hakyeon from getting out from his way, smirking. Letting out a heavy sigh, Hakyeon looks up and glare at Taekwoon.

"Move," Hakyeon threatened, but of course Taekwoon pay no single care about his little threat. "What about no?" Hakyeon lets out  heavy sighed, shaking his head and try to walk on the left side of Taekwoon but end up he got pinned against the wall with Taekwoon's long arms in between, trapping him down.

Again, Hakyeon's silky hair got messed up covering a little of his almond shaped eyes. Both of them keep glaring on each other with Hakyeon doesn't know what Taekwoon wants from him and Taekwoon also confused what he wants from Hakyeon. But then, he slips his hands into his pocket, Taekwoon takes out a small lollipop before swaying them before Hakyeon's eyes. Hakyeon realized that Taekwoon is just wanted to play around with him, he tries pushing the male once again but of course even with a harder push, Taekwoon won't budge as he comes prepared. In fact, Hakyeon got his wrist locked by Taekwoon and glares back.

"What do you want from me?" Hakyeon snarls, resulting a smile from Taekwoon's lips.

"You," his answer startle Hakyeon, absolutely catching him off guard until Taekwoon laughs on his. "You should have seen your face when I told you that," he keeps laughing, making Hakyeon to feel wanting to choke him up and slam him on the floor. But he can't do that.

"Seriously? off," Hakyeon shrugs away from Taekwoon's hold and stomps his feet to walk away. Taekwoon had been disturbing his since the day when they met in the toilet. Hakyeon was having a bad impression on Taekwoon right away even before Hyuk told him what had happeend between him and Taekwoon at the camp.

Seeing Hakyeon had move away from him, Taekwoon chased him again and push Hakyeon to stop walking away from him. "Wow wow relax. I won't do anything to you. I just wanted to give you this lollipop, as sorry. Maybe," Taekwoon again takes out the strawberry lollipop from his pocket and gives to Hakyeon but the latter only gives him a look.

"Sorry for?" he questioned the taller male with a judgemental look even he knows what Taekwoon means by sorry. But what Hakyeon doubts at the moment is, does he really sorry for what he did on the other day? It was just three days ago Taekwoon sent him a wink with a flirty attitude.

"Well, y'know I approached you in a wrong way... I scared you off," Taekwoon explained but Hakyeon only looks at the candy and back to Taekwoon's face before judging him up and down.

"Sorry, I don't eat strawberry flavoured. I'm sick of it," with that, Hakyeon walks away leaving Taekwoon alone dumbfounded. He actually really doesn't eat candy for the time being because his doctors adviced him not to because of his toothache.

"Wa-wait, Hakyeon!" Hakyeon stops on his foot, turning his body towards Taekwoon who takes out another flavour of candy from his pocket. Tempting, but Hakyeon need to stay away from candies.

"I'm not interested, Taekwoon. Don't disturb me please. I don't eat candies or whatever you have. Just give it to anyone that likes candies because I don't," he saw the dejected look in Taekwoon's eyes but Hakyeon pays no attention at all because he was still supposed to be in defensive mode when Taekwoon can easily do that to him. Even just now he could pin him against the wall.

 

♦♦♦

 

Sighing, Hakyeon drops his on the chair, and lean his face on the table as he finally managed to runaway from Taekwoon. It was so terrible and Hakyeon doesn't want to experience any terrible incident with Taekwoon once again. He turns his face to his bestfriend who can sense he weird antics of him after he went to help the teacher with the books. Sanghyuk is definitely curious and very quick to sense if anything happened to Hakyeon like right now. But when Sanghyuk was about to say something, Hongbin knocked the door of their classroom and usher Hakyeon to come outside for a while. It was rare, even Sanghyuk was curious what had happened until Hongbin can talked to Hakyeon, when he used to gave him the deadliest glare ever.

"Okay, now I need to know how, why, what and when did you guys being friends," Sanghyuk asked when Hakyeon sit back on his sit wit a smug on his face, as if he got something on his mind. Seeing how interested Sanghyuk when he and Hongbin had a small talk just now, Hakyeon looks at his bestfriend with another smile before he close the distance and sling his arms around Sanghyuk's shoulder. Hakyeon leans toward Sanghyuk's ears about what he had Hongbin had planned before, earning a loud yell from Sanghyuk.

"NO! Hakyeon I told you I don't like him. He's nice, but I- I just-" Sanghyuk lost of his words when he saw the glints inside of Hakyeon's eyes, shining like a kicked puppy asking to be loved. He knows he can never say no to this eyes of Hakyeon, so just take a deep breathe before surrender. "Okay, we can befriends with him. But only friends, not more than that," finally he hears the loudest joy of Hakyeon. It was the promised that Hakyeon made with Hongbin to introduce Sanghyuk to him today after school. He drags Hongbin to befriended with him because that guy looks like he doesn't has much friends nor he looks troublesome either. BUt what Hakyeon knows Hongbin is one of the smartest student in school, so why not he introduced such a good man to Sanghyuk.

So, the three of them walked... rather awkwardly because Hongbin is a bit quiet and only Hakyeon chirps happily talking about this and that, and also about his dance lesson yesterday. Hongbin and Sanghyuk walks side by side, Hakyeon walks beside Sanghyuk and they finally arrived at the cafe where Hakyeon and Sanghyuk always hanged out together. Hakyeon is the first one to enter the cafe, greeting the barista and staff that always tend to their orders because both of them regulars there. He ushers Sanghyuk and Hongbin to sit first, because he will take their orders. As Sanghyuk said as usual, Hongbin decided to have mango juice and mango cheesecake only.

"Hello! I want the usuals and also mango juice and that mango cheesecake please," Hakyeon takes out his money to pay but was surprised when someone hand over his card instead.

"Please use this," the cashier looks both at Hakyeon and the card, in confusion. Hakyeon who becomes familiar with the voice, he turns around and saw Taekwoon with his friends, smiling at him. Especially the guy with a fair skin and pointed nose. "Taekwoon insists to pay, making the cashier to take his card and about to swipe but Hakyeon holds him up. Whatever it is, he won't let Taekwoon to pay for him because he doesn't really know this guy, not a friend and mostly like an enemy. Second, he doesn't like to be indebted with anyone. Third, Sanghyuk must doesn't like it if Taekwoon pays for them. Hakyeon gives the cashier his money, and both of them keep battling who should use whose money to pay.

"I'm paying, Hakyeon. Keep your money," Taekwoon looks down at Hakyeon as he's glaring up at the taller male.

"No, I said I will pay by myself. I have money,"

"I'm paying, I want to apologized,"

"NO-"

The cashier looks already lost with the two guys in front of him who are currently fighting who should pay, so he just swiped off Taekwoon's card which making Taekwoon paid for the food at the end. "Its settled, thankyou sir. Enjoy your meal," Taekwoon smiles at the cashier and takes the card back while looking at Hakyeon who looks unsatisfiesd with the decision.

"Said you don't eat sweet treats. What are these," Taekwoon observes the food that Hakyeon bought through the receipt, most of them are sweet treats and Hakyeon literally told him he didn't like strawberry flavour when there's a strawberry shortcake on the list.

"Shut up," 

Wonshik and Jaehwan already noticed Sanghyuk and Hongbin is inside the cafe already, they whisper to Taekwoon that Sanghyuk is also there. Knowing that, he wanders his eyes to when Wonshik points at the direction where Sanghyuk is seated. "Great! We're seating with them," Taekwoon decided, catching Hakyeon's attention. Hakyeon if he can, he would separate them both by different table because Sanghyuk showed enough hates when they were at the arcade.

"NO WAY! I'm not letting you sit with us!" Hakyeon halfyelled.

"I will, and I don't care. I told ya, Sanghyuk and me are friends. Wonshik take the orders. I'm taking his food to his table. Like a gentleman," he takes the tray without waiting for Hakyeon, who is already nervous.

Both of them walks towards Sanghyuk and Hongbin's table with a sileny Hakyeon at the back. Taekwoon looks so confident because this is the second time he's meeting with Sanghyuk after the incident at the arcade last weekend. After that he only bumped with Hakyeon for quite many times but the boy tried so hard to avoid him when he almost molest Hakyeon in the toilet. He might have lots of things to say and to settle with Sanghyuk. Or maybe they will meet each other back at the boxing match. Who knows? Taekwoon had been waiting for long to have another match with Hyuk, so being in a same school with him can realize Taekwoon's long term wish.