Chapter 14

But Not For Me

It's the day where they have individual club activities- which by all mean Sanghyuk and Taekwoon will have their eye on eye's time and Hakyeon is in his dance club. The tension was so unusual since before this Sanghyuk didn't give Taekwoon any craps but today he is exceptionally wanted to punch Taekwoon in the face. The latter doesn't pay him any attention as if Sanghyuk wasn't there but he realizes and noticed the glares and fumes aura Sanghyuk gave him. Nevertheless, Taekwoon keeps his cool and pays attention to what the coach says.

He knows, Sanghyuk must have wanted to talk something related to Hakyeon after Jaehwan came to him and said Hakyeon was a bit upset and don't even have his lunch AND Sanghyuk was ignoring him. He supposed to find Hakyeon and talk to him during recess but something came up and Taekwoon was caught to it. So, to have Sanghyuk glares at him and wanted him dead at that moment isn't much of a surprise to Taekwoon anymore. Taekwoon turns his head to the right, returning Sanghyuk's deadly glare with his smiling one.

"Sanghyuk!" the coach calls his name, startling both tall boxers upon their glaring match. "Yes, coach," he shouts, showing his presence to the coach. From his side-eye, Sanghyuk notices Taekwoon chuckles upon his clumsiness for half-shouting when the coach calls out for his name.

"You're short-listed for the boxing match. And Taekwoon, you told Mr. Kim you backed out?" Sanghyuk's eyes turn sharp to the said man and even more shocked when Taekwoon admits the statement. It was shocking since Taekwoon would love to be in the ring more than anything else. His dirty tricks two years ago were proof even they barely know each other. What Sanghyuk knows, he was an for framing him something that he didn't do. 

The class was dismissed after two hours practicing boxing- it was mostly to the three guys who were chosen for the boxing match that will be held in a month's time and Taekwoon was only doing his own stuff- practicing with the other students. Some of them like Taekwoon to teach them tricks which Sanghyuk had an eyesore on that. Looking at how 'fake' Taekwoon is when teaching his friends, Sanghyuk wants to fly his fist direct on the face so much. But, he holds to himself that he won't step his game that low only for someone like Taekwoon.

"Oi, Jung Taekwoon. We need to talk," Hyuk calls, slinging his bag on his shoulder while looking at Taekwoon.

"Sure. About what? Cha Hakyeon?" all the kids in the boxing room turn silent when Hakyeon's name brought up. Well, Cha Hakyeon's name in the room is always a topic when the whole club knows that Sanghyuk actually catches feelings with his own best friend. To have Taekwoon talks so leisurely about Hakyeon despite their cold 'friendship', everyone seems to care about what they wanted to talk about. 

"What do you want from Hakyeon? Why do you have to keep bothering him huh?" Sanghyuk asks, rather intimidatingly but none of them scares Taekwoon as he looks direct on Sanghyuk's eyes. 

"What I want from Hakyeon, huh? Hm, I like him, I want to date him, I want to kiss him. Are those you want me to say?"

"What did you say?" Sanghyuk grabs his collar, pulling Taekwoon closer to him. The situation in the class becomes silent when only a few of them left in the class, scared if someone whether Sanghyuk or Taekwoon will pick a fight first. But as of now, it seems like Sanghyuk can't hold his temper when Taekwoon mocks him.

"I said something that you probably want to hear. I like Hakyeon. Why? Do you like him too? And you know what Sanghyuk? I stole Hakyeon's first kiss," he whispers the last word, along with a provocating laugh rings in Sanghyuk's ears. "Don't act stupid Sanghyuk, we all know you liked him. Hakyeon was just too innocent to realize it and you know what? I'm stepping up on this game because I like him too," Taekwoon shoves the tight grip of Sanghyuk's hand on his collar before grabbing his items on the floor. 

Sanghyuk was left, shocked. It was the moment that he gets nervous when Taekwoon knows he likes Hakyeon and what scares him at this time was Taekwoon also has feelings for the dancer. The moment Sanghyuk tightens his fist in nervousness with a huge mix of anger, the other boxing athletes scramble away from the taller as nobody wants to get hurt.

He runs, looking for Taekwoon since he might still around and his instinct is right when he saw Taekwoon wearing a smile on his face, walks along with Hakyeon. The look on his best friend's face was an annoyance, but Taekwoon lives proudly being the persistence of winning Hakyeon's heart which Sanghyuk won't let this away. "Hakyeon!" he yells, calling for Hakyeon's name and he stops for a moment before he continues walking and ignores Sanghyuk completely.

"Hakyeon, wait!" he chases, despite Taekwoon's existence there. He lets the rival of his watch and the upset look in Hakyeon's face was obvious. "What do you want?" his voice laced with upset and anger, glaring straight into Sanghyuk's eyes. He waits for Sanghyuk to talk for a minute but there's nothing comes from his mouth, Hakyeon walks away.

Along with Taekwoon, even he was pushed away by the shorter, Taekwoon still keeps tailing him and secretly gives Sanghyuk a middle finger with his hand behind. 

 

♦♦♦

 

Well, their fights usually won't be long if Sanghyuk realized his mistake and apologizes and for this fight, it took them three days to settle down. Well, just say Sanghyuk came over to Hakyeon's house in the late evening only to take him for a bicycle ride. Just like now, they're having lunch with only three of them like usual and Sanghyuk is busy scrolling his phone. There is this one game convention that has been going around in social media that Sanghyuk doesn't want to miss.

"Hongbin-ah, do you want to join me tomorrow? There's a gaming convention at the mall tomorrow we can go after school," Sanghyuk offers. 

"Am I not invited?" Hakyeon asked while slurping on his seaweed soup. Both of them looking at Hakyeon, giving an unknowing look when Hakyeon offers himself, especially Sanghyuk when he knows Hakyeon doesn't found games fun. 

"You don't like games, Hakyeon. You'll get bored because this will end at night," Sanghyuk said, stating the facts. "Yeah, but don't you think we haven't spent time together for quite some time already, aren't we? You're too busy with your games," it doesn't mean scolding, but Hakyeon was just feeling a bit upset when all Sanghyuk talks about nowadays when they were together were only games and games. When he knows Hakyeon doesn't like gaming, there are times Hakyeon found Sanghyuk a bit selfish.

When he was always talking about games and less studying. Hakyeon looks at Hongbin who seems to be a little startle with his complaints, Hakyeon sighs. "It's okay. I'm not going. You guys can have fun," he said, making Sanghyuk to be taken aback with Hakyeon's attitude. He never complains before and now when Hakyeon talks about his game, it's very unusual. 

And it was recently when Hakyeon heard his senior talks behind him when the whole school knows about his friendship with Sanghyuk that they saw Sanghyuk was out with a boy with glasses and dimple. He immediately knows it was Hongbin. When Sanghyuk told him that he had boxing training for his match in a month's time, he came with Hongbin yesterday. When it was him usually followed Sanghyuk along.

Hakyeon eats his lunch silently, rejecting the awkwardness and the looks of Sanghyuk on him. "You're weird. Anyway, Hongbin. What do you say? Do you want to come?" Sanghyuk asks, ignoring Hakyeon with his food. 

"Sure, why not? Hakyeon, you want to come? The more the merrier," Hongbin invites instead of Sanghyuk.

"It's okay, Hongbin. Like Sanghyuk said I don't like games and anyway I have to help my mom with some stuff tomorrow. You guys can just go," he politely refuses, giving Hongbin a smile to ensure that he's okay. But it was still upsetting when Sanghyuk acts as if he's not there. Hakyeon was upset when he was the one who came to his house for his forgiveness and now he's nowhere inviting Hakyeon along to hang out.

Hakyeon notices the changes in Sanghyuk when he founds the chemistry between him and Hongbin as the two of them are game and anime enthusiast. Jaehwan is also game and anime lovers too but he notices, how he can cope and keep his friendship with Taekwoon and his love with Wonshik just fine. He doesn't want to feel bad, but Hakyeon catches a small feeling of being kicked out just because he doesn't like games. But, he hates to feel this way when Sanghyk was not noticing how he reacts and Hakyeon doesn't want to be dramatic either. Thus, he just let his feelings go away.

Lunch hour is almost done, and Hakyeon announced he will be going to the toilet for a while, but Sanghyuk didn't listen to it and he saw Sanghyuk already left for the classroom. 

"Hey, Hakyeon! Are you okay?" someone calls his from behind, stopping from his own silent upsetness but he immediately cracks a smile when he noticed it was Jaehwan.

"Oh, Jaehwan! What are you doing here?"

"Someone claimed he had a stomach ache so I have to keep him company here," He looks at the door Jaehwan shows. "Does Wonshik had something bad?" to say Hakyeon concerns, he was just acting friendly since Jaehwan is a good guy.

"Nah, it's Taekwoon. Wonshik that got a last-minute soccer meeting so it was only us. Where did you eat? Why we didn't see you?" Hakyeon was about to answer when Taekwoon suddenly kicks out from the toilet cubicle with a scrunching expression while holding on his tummy.

He darts his attention to the boy. "Are you okay? Did you eat something wrong?" Hakyeon asks, now he's being a concern. Smiling despite the pain he had to bear, Taekwoon washes his hands and looks at Hakyeon.

"It's just an allergy I think but I can't remember what I ate yesterday. Anyway, where's that loverboy of yours? I thought you guys were together," Jaehwan and Hakyeon look at each other, thinking which loverboy Taekwoon talks about. 

"Sanghyuk I mean. Isn't he a loverboy with Hongbin? Yesterday he came to school with Hongbin for the evening training. You don't know?" his question left Hakyeon silent when even Taekwoon knows Sanghyuk went out with Hongbin without telling him. 

Realizing that Hakyeon was absolutely clueless, Jaehwan jabs Taekwoon with his elbow for his drain mouth. "Hakyeon?" Jaehwan calls, bringing Hakyeon back to the reality. "Oh? Yeah sorry. I don't know about that. I have to go," Hakyeon was about to walk away when Taekwoon holds him on the arms, stopping Hakyeon from going out. And he ushers Jaehwan to go first since he needs to talk with Hakyeon about something.

"Our plan for the performance is still on right?" Taekwoon asks, making Hakyeon scoff in annoyance. "Of course, why? Did you change your mind or want me to pay you?" 

"Tsh what did you take me for? I won't let my date pay for it," Taekwoon confidently said and being playful. "Da- date my . I- I just after the ticket okay. Not you," Hakyeon was about to go again when Taekwoon pulls his warms and bring him closer to his chest. The scene was no different from the cliche school K-drama that Hakyeon watches on the television and he can't believe that it's happening on him.

Especially when Taekwoon steals a peck on his lips, sending all the electric shock and he swears he can hear the bell rings in his ears. "Hakyeon-ah, date me," he confesses, making Hakyeonto to caught with Taekwoon's sudden seriousness in both his eyes and his voice. And he lets Taekwoon kiss him again on the lips at the cafe's toilet.