Chapter 3

But Not For Me

Last year, Sanghyuk was accepted to attend a boximg camp with the atheletes from different schools. He was so happy that he was accepted since they would be chose to join the national competition that's why Sanghyuk was really worked up to be there. But, he realized there was this one kid that had been watching him every since they had their physical test, that boy wanted to win everything over Sanghyuk; which he think that Sanghyuk is like a threat to him. He noticed the look that the boy gave him, the jealousy and envy; yet he came here to practice not to make enemy so he just ignor ethe feelings and do what he supposed to do.

When the competition between the atheletes started, Sanghyuk was arranged to compete with that boy, he learnt his name to be Jung Taekwoon. He was attacked in every angle, yet Sanghyuk managed to dodge every hits before he gave Taekwoon the final blow and got accepted to join the national boxing competition. He was placed first and Taekwoon the second. However, on the next day everyone was looking at Sanghyuk very weirdly and then he saw Taekwoon was covered with bruised and injuried. Sanghyuk was furious and weird because he wasn't supposed to be that hurt when they had their match last night. But when the coach called him up, Sanghyuk was hit directly on the face for something that he didn't know what he did wrong.

"You're dismissed from the national competition, Han Sanghyuk," the coach announced.

"B-but, what did I do..."

"Explain this!" the coach threw a few pills tha plus his energy which is illegal for athletes like them to use. But, Sanghyuk never did and he saw Taekwoon smirking behind the coach. 

"Jung Taekwoon!" Sanghyuk marched to grab Taekwoon by the collar but instead he was pushed by the coach. "Its not mine! I never consumed that sir!" he tried to protect himself but then nobody was listening to him and Sanghyuk was dismissed from the camp and also got replaced by Jung Taekwoon for the national competition. 

 

♦♦♦

 

As the music plays, Hakyeon let himself to move according to the melody and he did. All the graceful moves, Hakyeon eventually takes everyone's breath away with his graceful moves and the way his body sways, Hakyeon kills them. If moves could possess, his fans must have drunk and follow every details of Hakyeon's dance, but nobody could dance like Hakyeon. That's a fact that nobody could deny that. And in the practice room, which no one could easily come in and out, the super bestfriend easily pass through of the fans and get inside, catching the attention of the almighty dance Cha Hakyeon. Sanghyuk flops himself on the floor, looking at the surrounding. 

Honestly, he really wonders and questioned about the dance studio in their school. Hakyeon as the president himself, why must he let the dance studio being open like this, with the glass door which attracted the attention of all the students only to see him dancing. And everytime he asked Hakyeon, he would get the same answer 'attraction' which Sanghyuk fought back. They were here only for Hakyeon, not other dancers. Hakyeon saw the troubled look all over Sanghyuk's face, so he stop dancing for a while and let his juniors to practice on their own. Grabbing the gold tumbler on the shelves, Hakyeon downed all the drinks before paying his attention towards the handsome boxer.

"Which door?" Hakyeon asked, earning a very questionable look from Sanghyuk. "Which door you destroyed this time?" finally that clicked Sanghyuk's mind that Hakyeon mocked him about the incident last week, which he lost his temper and punched a toilet's door.

"Hey! I didn't do it often okay! That was only once," 

"Yeah right. So what's up, Hyuk-ah?" Hakyeon close the lid and gaze down at Sanghyuk. 

"Nothing... I was just... wanna have chocolate cake. And we're down with our class too. And I don't want to eat alone. So pleatheeeee," Sanghyuk makes a puppy eyes only to persuade Hakyeon, which he doesn't have to do that. Even if he didn't make that face, Hakyeon would still go with him and eat that chocolate cake together.

"C'mon let's get you chocolate cake you sweet tooth," Hakyeon grabs his bag and quickly dismissed his team for the day only to be with Sanghyuk. 

However, Sanghyuk wrinkles his forehead because Hakyeon is sweating and looks... very not suitable to be in the cafe with his condition. "Aren't you going to shower first at the toilet? You're sweating a lot Hakyeon," he takes out his towel from his bag and pats Hakyeon's sweaty face slowly. "I forgot to bring my spare clothes...." 

"You can wear mine. I supposed to have practice today but its cancelled. Come, let's go get you clean first," Sanghyuk drags Hakyeon out of the studio. He gives Hakyeon his towel and unused shirt for him. That looks much bigger than Hakyeon's body frame but he has nothing more to argue because Sanghyuk would force him to wear regardless of the size. 

As they walk to the toilet, Hakyeon's eyes bumped with Hongbin who is currently talking with one of the teacher. That guy with dimple was one of Hyuk's biggest fanboy always give him chocolates and gifts whenever its Christmas, Hyuk's birthday and Valentine Day. Though, he never comes up talking to Hyuk face to face and he always wonder why. Its not that Hyuk hits peopl- well maybe sometimes. That's only if people messed with him or Hakyeon, As Hongbin finished talking with the teacher, he also saw the look that Hakyeon gives him, the smiles drafted on his face; as if calling Hongbin to make friends with him. But instead, Hongbin turn his face to somewhere else, dropping the smile that was sincerely crafted on Hakyeon's face for him.

Noticing Hakyeon's pouting out of sudden, Hyuk stops his pace and glances at Hakyeon. "What happened?" he asked, looking at the shorter friend of him. "Ah, no. I saw the librarian guy just now and smile and him... hey, Hyuk-ah! Probably if you smile at him, he will smile back," Hakyeon winks and grab the towel and shirt on Sanghyuk's hand before going inside of the shower room.

"Yah, I don't have crush on him," Sanghyuk denied and takes out his phone, playing with whatever inside.

"I know! But he did. C'mon he's not a bad guy though. And smart is a bonus," Hakyeon tries to convince him but Hyuk isn't paying attention at all. Because Hongbin isn't the one that he had been waiting for. Scrolling his phone, Hyuk looks at the hidden gallery of his phone, looking at the tons of pictures that he secretly took which nobody knows his secret. The one who hold his heart since forever; there were pictures of the man smiling, crying in annoyance when Hyuk stole his candies, the sleeping picture of the man when they went for a school trip last two years. He's beautiful, everything that he did takes Hyuk's breath away.

Suddenly, one message popped up from his phone while waiting for Hakyeon in the shower room. That was his senior said he left something at the boxing club room and need to take his sweater now because they will close the room now. He walks to the shower room where Hakyeon was showering and loudly knocked to the door. "Hakyeon-ah! I have to go to the boxing room! I left my white sweats there! Let's meet up at the cafe," he shouts, earning a loud 'okay!!' from Hakyeon as well. Thus, he left Hakyeon alone at the shower room, because knowing his friend, Hakyeon would take a lot of time is drying himself so he better get going first and meet him at the cafe.

A few minutes showering, Hakyeon cover his head with the white towel owned by Hyuk and fully clothed. Yeah, the shirt is undoubtedly big on him but it's comfy as well. Hyuk's shirt had always been clean and smells nice so Hakyeon would never complain if he get to wear one. Sometimes he purposely not bringing any shirt if they planned for a sleepover because Hyuk's if comfortable and big. Drying his hair, Hakyeon mumbles alone that Hyuk left him only to get his sweater. "Ahh, Han Sanghyuk. He better treat me a red velvet cake later or I will mad," Hakyeon continues his complain, not realizing someone is standing beside him at the door frame, watching ever details of him.

"I can buy you red velvet if you want," the man speaks, startling Hakyeon. 

"Oh, Sanghyuk's friend. Uh- what are you doing here?" Hakyeon turns his body, facing Taekwoon completely. "I saw Sanghyuk running from here, so I thought we might have some time alone," Taekwoon eyed him from up and down, watching as if Hakyeon is going to be his meal for the day.

Walking slowly towards the smaller male, Taekwoon could catch the glimpse of nervous in Hakyeon's eyes, and laugh. "Why are you afraid of me? I don't eat people. I was just want to introduce myself to you, because Sanghyuk was bad at it. I'm Taekwoon, Sanghyuk's uhh- friends in the camp?" he left the last word in yhe question for Hakyeon. He approach Hakyeon very closely, until the man couldn't move anymore and trapped him behind his long arms, leaning his face forward. Hakyeon becomes more nervous, looking at those cold, slanted eyes piercing into his two brown orbs. 

"You're cute," Taekwoon whispers behind Hakyeon's eyes while his left hand tucks Hakyeon's fringe behind his ears. "No wonder, Sanghyuk hide you from me. You smell nice too," as Taekwoon almost lay his lips on Hakyeon's neck, he was pushed by the dancer very hardly.

"Stay away from me!" Hakyeon screamed, freak out over Taekwoon's over friendliness. He was scared, Sanghyuk wasn't there to save him if anything bad happened. 

"Hey, hey! I was just kidding!" Taekwoon tries to reach out his hands but Hakyeon quickly shoved away and pushed Taekwoon once again before running away with his messy damp hair, looking out for Sanghyuk.

That was one of the scariest thing that ever happened on Hakyeon, even he was used to be catcall or anything. But he didn't expect this to happen in school as well. He walked out from the school, while almost crying to death. He knows if Sanghyuk knows about this, he would look for that Taekwoon guy and might kill him right away. But Hakyeon doesn't want that to happen, he decided to shove away the memory and the scared feelings inside him. Maybe it was just his way of wanted to be friends. But, he need to know more why- just why Sanghyuk hides him from Taekwoon. What did Taekwoon do to him until Sanghyuk becomes that defensive and protective.