Chapter 6

But Not For Me

"Sanghyuk I'm sorry!" Hakyeon apologized whilst chasing the taller man right before him. He knows this would happened, but Taekwoon was so stubborn still eager to look for trouble with Sanghyuk. Plus, he doesn't really know about Taekwoon so Hakyeon didn't know what to do to stop him. If he wanted to fight the guy, Taekwoon is a boxer same as Sanghyuk. Hence, he would just look for a trouble. After Taekwoon put down the tray on the table, Sanghyuk looks like he almost flipped the table, looking at the smirk drawn on Taekwoon's face and back to Hakyeon's troubled expression. He knows it wasn't Hakyeon's fault to start with but watching him and Taekwoon standing side to side. It brought something bizarre in Sanghyuk's feelings.

On the side of the drama, Hongbin watch Sanghyuk said nothing and only walk fastly before them and Hakyeon apologizing. Everything was so new, so awkward because he's the only one not knowing what happened and who the tall guy to Sanghyuk was until he has to be this mad. He had so many things running inside his mind- especially perhaps he was only disturbing Hakyeon and Sanghyuk or coming in the way of their friendship. He recalled back the face of the tall guy, well- he wasn't looking that bad and he never saw him at school either. Maybe he's a new guy in school. 

Few minutes of watching Hakyeon (and ran with him) he feels his phone buzzing in the pocket, begging to be picked up. "Hakyeon, my mom called and I have to go. I'm sorry," nodding, Hakyeon apologized as well for today since it doesn't worked very well. Turning his feet, he look back at Sanghyuk who is already metres away from him and back to the chasing session. 'Damn, this guy,' Hakyeon grunts and pants running after the school athlete, since Sanghyuk is tall and got a pair of very long legs.

"Hyuk-ah wait u- Ow!" As he gets closer with Sanghyuk, Hakyeon feels like he stepped on his own shoe lace before falling on the ground. The painful look in Hakyeon's eyes are very obvious, too obvious as his eyes started to reddening so does his knees.

He fell on his was loud enough until Sanghyuk had to stop on his feet before turning on his back to see his friend is already seated on the ground with hands around the knees. "Yah, are you okay?" he ran back to see Hakyeon, who is already in a pain. "Hey, oh my god you're bleeding! God Hakyeon I'm sorry!" 

Without thinking anything more, he takes out his handkerchief before kneeling down to cover on Hakyeon’s bleeding knees. His school pants was ruined as well, Sanghyuk couldn’t be sorrier because of making Hakyeon to chase after him. Patting the blood slowly to make it less painful, he even blows the wound and he didn’t realize what that caused to Hakyeon. He looks at Sanghyuk’s soft hair, how serious he is now tending to his wound.

Blushing to himself, Hakyeon lets out a fake cough before shoving Sanghyuk’s hands away from his legs. “I’m okay now,” he said, trying to reduce the blush on his cheeks.

“You sure? Can you walk?” the question was rather spontaneous and even before Hakyeon could answer, Sanghyuk already turned his back for Hakyeon to get on.

 

 ♦♦♦

 

The piggyback ride was silent, very unusual for the two bestfriends not talking with each other. Until Sanghyuk started to break the awkward silent. “Are you sleeping?” he glances through his shoulder, looking at the drowsy Hakyeon. “Yah, Cha Hakyeon. Is my back that comfy for you to sleep?” Sanghyuk tries to make it funny but Hakyeon only gives a hum instead and neck chop. 

“I’m sorry…” Hyuk apologized, making Hakyeon’s eyes to open up.

“What for? You’re not at fault. I should be the one apologizing for making you mad,” Hakyeon mumbles drowsily, only keeping his eyes open because Sanghyuk was talking to him. If not for sure he's already sleeping on his friend's broad back. Plus the smell of Sanghyuk's sweater is still fresh- unlike him feeling all sweaty and dirty. Hakyeon already refuse to be carried and wanted to walk but Sanghyuk forced him to get on his back so he had no will to fight him back. And there he is, laying his head on Sanghyuk's back. 

"Taekwoon is purposefully doing that to get on my nerves... and I kinda let it out on you," Hyuk feels Hakyeon shifts behind him and tighten the hug. If Hakyeon was in front his face, Sanghyuk swears that he would see him blushing. It wasn't the first time Sanghyuk feel the close proximity with Hakyeon but its a rare case for him to get this close with the latter. Hakyeon is a defensive person and he would only up for skinship that he's the one start with. Sensing the awkwardness in Sanghyuk's words, Hakyeon slips a comforting laugh. "Yah, Han Sanghyuk. Did I said anything about it? Plus, its kinda my fault to for letting him walk to you... I should have distract him not to come to you," he pouts.

"Tch, like I don't know Taekwoon. Even if you try, he would come anyway. Like just now," both of them silent upon to realizing that Sanghyuk got a point there. Suddenly, he kinda remember about Hongbin who seemed to be clueless with what had happened just now. "Anyway, how's Hongbin? Why he leave early... perhaps is it about me?"

Hakyeon hums a few moment, thinking about Hongbin. "He said his mom called and seems urgent. So, he left first. And Hyuk-ah, he's handsome right?" Hakyeon tries to look at Sanghyuk's reaction because Hongbin really is handsome. Looking at him sipping the drinks, until his dimple popped from his cheeks and when he talked, Hongbin is just awkward. He's not really a quite nor reserved. 

"I'm more handsome," Hyuk answer half-heartedly, whilst hooking Hakyeon's legs to lift him up higher.

"Well, that's not wrong.... but he IS handsome, right?"

"....."

"Come on, Hyuk-ah,"

"Yes he is handsome. You can date him Hakyeon," few minutes walking, finally Sanghyuk stop and slowly putting Hakyeon on the ground before facing him as they already arrived at Hakyeon's place. "Its not me that he likes. Its you," he said.

"...and your point is?" 

Crossing his arms, Sanghyuk gives a uninsteresting look at what Hakyeon was about to say. "My point here is, take him out for a coffee tomorrow. As a token of apologize,"

"But, he likes-" Hakyeon didn't get to finish his words yet, Sanghyuk comes fast with something that he didn't intend to.

"But I li-" he quickly grabbed his bag before Hakyeon get to ask anymore futher. However, Sanghyuk doesn't miss the look on Hakyeon's face, he silently cursing himself for slipping in front of his own bestfriend. Hoping that Hakyeon won't ask anything further, Sanghyuk just turned his back and walk before shouting from afar. "I'll take him for a coffee... but ONLY coffee, not more than that,"

Listening to Hyuk agreeing, makes Hakyeon to feel like he nailed the most prestigious dance award ever. For many years he befriended with Hyuk, he never saw him date anyone, nor going out other than him. Well, Hyuk does has his boxer friends, but when they went out, they go with a whole group. So, he kinda happy to set him up with someone who likes Hyuk.

Not knowing the secret that Hyuk actually keep from him.

 

 ♦♦♦

 

Wandering his eyes, Hakyeon looks like a baby kangaroo looking for his mother. But this time, it wasn't Hyuk his target, but someone who created the chaos and ruined their plan yesterday. Jung Taekwoon. Walking in the college cafe, without being accompanied with anyone, Hakyeon knows the time for Taekwoon's class thanks to Minhyuk for being in the same class as him. Eyes are wilding, chasing the target that he wanted to have a target and once he locked the Taekwoon who is chilling with his friends, Hakyeon marched forward without thinking any further.

Its like an attraction, or perhaps Wonshik saw him coming to their direction, Taekwoon turned his body with a smile drawn on his lips as the dancer stop in front him. "What's the matter the pretty Hakyeon come to me by himself?" he pull the chair beside him and offers Hakyeon to sit. The slanted eyes of Taekwoon when he smiles, send a shiver to Hakyeon's bones and he's rather take the vacant seat beside Wonshik.

"Cut the crap, Taekwoon. I want you to not to come near Sanghyuk anymore," Hakyeon smoothly gives the threat which gives no effect to Taekwoon. He just receieved a small chuckle from Taekwoon and his friends. Sighing, Taekwoon leans forward and look at Hakyeon's face directly. 

"When did I come near Sanghyuk? Kindly tell me because I can't remember when," Taekwoon bops Hakyeon's nose, making him to jolt his body back and lean on the chair. The table only has Jaehwan's munching chips sound and Wonshik play games on his phone. "Think carefully Hakyeon, when is the time you see me with Sanghyuk fighting? Or, you see me talking with only Sanghyuk?" 

Hakyeon stay with his mouth shut, thinking about the times when he got Taekwoon around. And when he think about it, Hakyeon can't hide his emotions and he directly glares at the smiling Taekwoon, as he realized that the one Taekwoon had his eyes, was him. "I found you at the restroom, I wanna give you candies at the corridor and I paid for your drinks yesterday. It wasn't because of Sanghyuk," 

"Then... what do you actually want from me?" A loud shout from Wonshik distracted Taekwoon, as he was about to talk to Hakyeon. "Oh sorry, sorry," apologized, Wonshik back to his games and twist here and there with his phone.

"Hm...." Taekwoon leans back, and staring at Hakyeon with thousand of ideas that is unknown to Hakyeon before taking out his phone. "Your number," 

The tanned skin of Hakyeon immediately glows up, sensing the heat that comes out because of Taekwoon's sudden 'flirtatious act' Hakyeon fight in his mind. Since when asking for a phone number in a normal way is flirting? But nope- for Taekwoon, everything has to be considered since he approached him in a very uncomfortable manner. Like when they were left together in the rest room. Hakyeon only looks at the iPhone given by Taekwoon, mind is still contemplating should he give or ignore. Yet, he takes Taekwoon's phone and saw how the guy's face lights up when the phone is on Hakyeon's hands. 

"No thanks. I'm not gonna give my number to a guy like you. Stay away with me and Sanghyuk,"Hakyeon switch off the phone and put back on the table, dumping Taekwoon and his friends with a warning. Hakyeon was flustered, shocked and worried because Taekwoon was actually had eyes on him. 

 

 ♦♦♦

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

IM SORRY THAT I LEFT YOU GUYS HANGING FOR A LONG TIME. I REALLY WANTED TO FINISHED THIS STORY BUT I HAD WRITER BLOCK. IT WASNT MY INTENTION, BUT I NEED TIMES TO THINK AND WRITE AND TO WORK ON MY FINGERS. I WISH THIS CHAPTER WILL COVER UP MY TARDINESS AND LACK OF UPDATE.

Love, bad authornim.