Chapter 8

But Not For Me

Hakyeon taps his feet, waiting at the outside of the convenience store for Taekwoon to get drinks for both of them. Blame the weather! Hakyeon keeps wiping his forehead because of the hot weather, the sun is sitting right on top of his head making his fluffy hair to shine and expose the brown tone. Well, he couldn't blame Taekwoon either because he's also thirsty and his bottle that he always carried with him already run out of water. Hakyeon waits outside and sit when he found the vacant seat after the previous customer finished their meals. He takes out his phone to play with whatever games he had- mostly Sanghyuk was the one downloaded the games for him, saying Hakyeon's phone was too boring with only songs and videos.

At some times, Hakyeon glances inside the store watching the taller male waiting to get their drinks, but suddenly a group of students or Hakyeon prefereably to call them as delinquents circling up around him with an angry face. Hakyeon, who has never had problems with people at school or wherever he was, takes out his earphone and asked what they want. However, instead of getting the answer in a normal verbal conversation, he was dragged to the nearest quiet lane behind the building very closely to the store.

"What do you want from me?" Hakyeon have the guts or people could say its in his genes to talk with people looking into their eyes. Hence, he looks up to the messy haired delinquent who has hands on his collars. 

Not answering to Hakyeon's question again, he looks around to his gang and received a nod which sending questions back to Hakyeon since he's clueless of what they actually want from him. Before Hakyeon even get to ask one more question, he could feel the hard blow on his stomach. The one that he feels like he's about to die. He could tell, even he's bowing because of the pain he heard them all laugh to him in pain. Once again, the two students hold him up again and the messy haired one punch him on the face, and a trail of blood started to form on the corner of Hakyeon's lips.

"What the you want from me?" Hakyeon tries his best to speak despite of the pain he felt.

"What we want? You should asked your bestfriend what he did to MY friend," Hakyeon knits his eyebrows, thinking about what Sanghyuk had done which might related to his boxing class because this guy's hit wasn't come from a normal stupid problematic student. Once again, Hakyeon received a kick on his tummy and another hit on his face, making him to squirm and screams because of the pain. Whilst his mind is praying for someone to come over and stop these kids. They're not Hakyeon's level to fight with- nope, Hakyeon could never fight. He never ever laid his fist once except when Sanghyuk steal his banan milk when they were kids and Hakyeon was in a foul mood.

On the otehr hand, Taekwoon is already finished paying for their drinks walking out to look for Hakyeon but what he only find was Hakyeon's school bag left on the chair that he sat just now. And his phone that is still playing song and showing game. Which sent the questionable look on Taekwoon's face. He looks around, looking for Hakyeon and called his name around since it was weird to only have his stuff left on the table. Quickly,  he put Hakyeon's things inside the bag and carry to look for Hakyeon around.

At the junction of the dark lane, Taekwoon did heard a commotion with someone being angry, and another yelling voice saying he knows nothing or something that in unclear for Taekwoon to hear. As he already has this bad feelings, Taekwoon walks to the place and witness Hakyeon being hit and kick mercilessly before he jump in with a kick on the messy haired delinquent who had his hands on Hakyeon without thinking anymore.

It was five against one, Hakyeon was already sitting on the ground holding onto his stomach because of the pain. He could see Taekwoon beats up one to another until they all decided to run away from them two. It was a painful experience, Hakyeon coughs up and the blood on his lips and the bruise on his cheeks already forming. Taekwoon heaves his breathe and turns his heels around, running for Hakyeon and kneels to observe his injuries.

"Can you stand up?" he asked worriedly, holding Hakyeon's shoulder slowly to help him get on his feet. Hakyeon looks terrible as Taekwoon helps to walk him home. 

 

♦♦♦

 

The road to school was heavy, thank God the subject today wasn't that heavy and he doesn't have any extra practice today, Hakyeon huffs his cheeks before sitting down at the place. His mom generously gives him the mask, so that the bruises that he receieved yesterday isn't showing. She was freaking out so much when Hakyeon got back home with the bruises and a boy that she never seen before after Hyuk. Two surprises for her and she did asked who Taekwoon was after he sent him home. Hakyeon had do tons of explanation and words to calm him mom down, and Taekwoon also had a slight cut on his lips, he receieved a small treatment from Hakyeon's mother. She also offered him to stay for tea, but Taekwoon nicely reject the offer since he has to go home quickly.

Honestly, Hakyeon already has the thoughts of skipping school today but... Hyuk reminded him that they actually gonna have a mathematic test today. Hence, Hakyeon doesn't want to drag his test to another day because it would be a pain in the . So here he is, Hakyeon sit down on his place, putting down his backpack while massaging his aching back. The bruises are still obvious and Hakyeon awares that he receieved the odd looks from his classmates, which included the newcomer Han Sanghyuk. Hakyeon sighs, as his bestfriend quickly put off his bag and wants to observe Hakyeon's injured face. But his hands are too rough and grabs Hakyeon's arms, resulting a hiss from the dancer's lips.

"Ow! It hurts Han Sanghyuk! Don't be too harsh!" Hakyeon pull his hands away and rubs the painful bruised arms of his. 

"Who the heck did this to you? Who beat you up? Who's should I beat up?" it was annoying but that was what Hakyeon expected for him to get early in the morning. Sighing, Hakyeon scratch his unitchy head and looks at Hyuk with half-annoyed face. Before he gets to answer Hyuk's questions, the familiar 'hero' of Hakyeon walks into the classroom with a white plastic bag on his hand.

Taekwoon glances at Hyuk but paid no attention to him at all, trying to prove all the things that he told Hakyeon yesterday. "Here, the things that I pro- hey what the ?!" Taekwoon stumbles forward when Hyuk suddenly yanks his collars, making him to be unstable to where he stands.

"Its you is it?! Can't you ing stop bothering him?! You hit him didn't you, bastard?!" The class turned into chaotic situation when Hyuk suddenly half yelling, loud but not wanting attract the attention. Taekwoon at the same time, he sharply glares at the fellow boxer and squints his eyes upon the accusation. "So what if I hit him? Does it matter to you?" he provokes, indulging more fire into Hyuk's already fuming self. The feeling of imagined Hakyeon's received the painful hits hit Sanghyuk right there at a place that he could feel the pain as well. Plus if it comes from the guy that he hates, Sanghyuk would never forgive him.

"Bastard!" Sanghyuk released Taekwoon's collars furiously before hitting him back on the lips, where he was already cut. "Sanghyuk stop! Don't hit him!" seeing Sanghyuk isn't going to stop, Hakyeon quickly walks to the stumbled Taekwoon, even its hard for him to move Sanghyuk from hitting Taekwoon more. 

Sanghyuk on the other hand, of course he's freaking out to see the bruised on Hakyeon's face and body which is s rare to happen and suddenly Taekwoon came into his class acting like a nice guy. "Step back Hakyeon! I won't let this hurts you! You're never get into fighting before!" Sanghyuk attracted attention the whole class with those hitting on the face, resulting Taekwoon's cut on his lips back opened. It was a total chaos and the situation was definitely uncontrollable, not until Hakyeon himself has to stand up before Taekwoon, facing his own bestfriend when Sanghyuk tried to give him another blow of his fist.

The look inside of Hakyeon's eyes are serious, and piercing with the mixed of painful and disappointment when Sanghyuk didn't listen to him and went straight to hit Taekwoon. "I said, Taekwoon didn't do IT. He helped me, because of your ing so-called-rival during boxing. Now if you could excuse us, I'm taking him to the infirmary. Let's go Taekwoon," Hakyeon kneels down, helping the injured Taekwoon and his mouth was bleeding a bit more because Sanghyuk's fist wasn't a normal blow. 

The boxer looks both of the walking out from the classroom, they're lucky enough it was still early in the morning and no teachers were called to calm him down. Sanghyuk angrily sits at his place, slam his fist on the table as he think who was the one dare enough to hit Hakyeon. Not only one, but he found so many bruised on Hakyeon's body which boils his blood so much. No matter how hard he thinks, Sanghyuk still cannot think who was the boxer that he had beef with

Meanwhile in the infirmary, Hakyeon only sit on the bed while watching Taekwoon being treated by the school nurse. He hissed a few times which Hakyeon also hissed only by looking at Taekwoon. It was a dead silence, only Taekwoon's sound when he was in pain being the greatest audible sound in the room until Hakyeon decided to speak up. "Umm, I'm sorry on Sanghyuk's behalf. I know he is kinda- y'know, temperamental? But he's a good guy," Hakyeon scratch his unitchy hair, killing the awkwardness. He heard Taekwoon chuckles a bit, despite being treated. 

"I know its okay. He's just being overprotective," Taekwoon thanked the nurse, before looking at Hakyeon with a smile. "Well, I could understand Sanghyuk if you're coming to school with bruises though Hakyeon," he said.

"Yo- you do?" Hakyeon's eyes widened as he heard that from Taekwoon. Both of them are nothing- i mean nothing they're not friends, not even acquaintances, and Taekwoon even appeared as Sanghyuk's enemy.

Taekwoon nods and hums, eyes are still glued at Hakyeon. He glances at the surrounding, checking if the school nurse is still present but there was nobody left except them since the nurse went out to the toilet after treating Taekwoon. Moving a small steps towards Hakyeon, he sits on the same bed, while reaching out for his hands. "Do you want to know why?" he asked, earning a soft why, feeling Hakyeon tries to pull his hand back. Yet, Taekwoon grips the hold harder, locking his eyes and Hakyeon's.

"Because I like you," he whispers, closing the proximity between him and Hakyeon as he captivates the guy's right mind with his sudden confession. Hakyeon heard his soft confession, yet his mind was captivated by the soft voice and when Taekwoon leans forward, Hakyeon feels like he was bewitched making him to close his eyes, waiting for the kiss. It was like a long pausable moment, when Taekwoon's hand reach for Hakyeon's cheek and meeting their lips together.