Chapter 13

But Not For Me

"Ack, slowly please," Taekwoon groans when Hakyeon pats the cotton on his lips. Thankfully Taekwoon is a boxer when he always comes up with injuries on the face or anywhere that resulted in a fight, Hakyeon used that to tend to his wounds. It wasn't that horrible- well, horrible enough for Hakyeon as he forced Taekwoon to sit somewhere instead of straight back home. Also, he kinda thinks that it was his fault for dragging Taekwoon along in the run, which he shouldn't be there at all. Looking at how Taekwoon hissed as he pats the cotton, Hakyeon sighs.

Because Taekwoon exaggerates on the sound when the wound wasn't that much for him.

Glaring, Hakyeon puts a little bit more pressure on the patting, making Taekwoon groans out louder. "Ow do you want to kill me?" he complains when Hakyeon puts off the cotton down and replaces it with a plaster. This is the second time Taekwoon got hurt on his face because of Hakyeon.

"Well do you want to die? It's not even bleed here, Taekwoon," Hakyeon hands over his water bottle for Taekwoon to drink some since he looks exhausted too. "What are you doing here anyway? Are you stalking me?" he looks at Taekwoon, still downing his water until Hakyeon finds not a drop of the liquid left inside, he cracks a smile. Taekwoon IS THAT exhausted.

"I wish I have all the time to stalk you, Hakyeonie. But nope, my boxing class was around here so, you can consider this as coincidence. Or we were just meant to be together," there he goes at it again, with that flirty smile of his. Rolling his eyes, Hakyeon grabs his bottle back and snuck into his bag. Not that he wants to sit there with Taekwoon, but he doesn't want to go home yet either. He thinks about what Sanghyuk has done- again- which thrown him into this mess. Just now he just got a piece of great news, he's going to like it to teach the kids dancing at the dance class and he wants to share it with his best friend.

But now, thinking about his best friend just made him angry again with what happened just now. The bullies, the fights and Taekwoon were also dragged into this mess. Hakyeon crosses his arms, sighing as he lost in his own train of thoughts. Judging on his expression, Taekwoon assumes something must happen when Hakyeon has all the worries around his face. That is when he lowers his voice, ushering all of the jokes and flirty attitudes off him ask if Hakyeon is okay?

"Did you hurt anywhere?" he asks rather timidly when Hakyeon continues to gloom. It becomes concerning when Hakyeon who always has a smile on his face (not when he's Taekwoon) lost the curves on his lips. No matter how much Taekwoon likes the angry side of Hakyeon, it's worrying when he's not smiling. Of course when he was attacked by the bullies when Sanghyuk has no absolute ideas about it.

Taekwoon touches his shoulder, waking up Hakyeon from his thoughts. "Hakyeon, are you really okay? You wanna talk about it?" Hakyeon turns, looking at Taekwoon only with a smile, even it's not genuine. 

"I'm okay. It's just- I don't know, Sanghyuk must do something weird again I guess," 

"Sanghyuk is an amazing boxer as what I know. You shouldn't be worried about him, BUT you should tell Sanghyuk what happened to you. It's not the first time that happened and if I wasn't here with you-" Taekwoon can't continue his words, not wanting to add more pressure on Hakyeon's shoulder as he had enough of it. Well, what Taekwoon said is true but Hakyeon doesn't want to make Sanghyuk worry about him when he's trying to make him happy with Hongbin appears in their friendship. 

Hakyeon pouts when he learns the truth that comes from Taekwoon's mouth. "I know, but- I don't want to bother him," he said, leaving Taekwoon chuckles in disbelief. "And if Sanghyuk knows he will beat them up again, and they will come after me, things won't settle down Taekwoon," 

"Well, if they come after you, you know who they'll face," Taekwoon snickers, showing off his cheeky smile again which it's Hakyeon's turns to be speechless. "I'm your knight in shining armor, am I not? Hakyeon-ah, don't worry I will hit them for you if they ever come to you," he said, confident.

The dancer cringes in disgusts. "Yeah, yeah just take care of yourself. Look at you Taekwoon with all the bruises,"

"If I have more bruises, you will take care of me as the other right? So I can steal more kiss- Ow!" Taekwoon groans in pain when Hakyeon pokes the bruise on his cheekbone. 

Hakyeon shakes his head when Taekwoon confidently said he will protect him. It's not a lie that Hakyeon was actually fluttered a bit when Taekwoon ensures his safety with him around, but he doesn't want to make it obvious as he doesn't want Taekwoon to get all hype with it. He observes the injuries again- it's worse than the last time he got hit, Hakyeon notices. Taekwoon has very pale skin makes the wound looks more obvious.

Hakyeon's uneven eyes drown Taekwoon in, with the glossy orbs and perfect soft lashes- he observes again until Hakyeon's pair of lips that he tastes the other day. It was mesmerizing. "Are you okay, Taekwoon?" Hakyeon's voice brings Taekwoon to life again, with that squinty eyes when Taekwoon's lost in his staring.

"O- oh, yeah I'm okay. You look... pretty," again, Hakyeon flicks his forehead upon listened to the honest confession of Taekwoon. And he heard that for thousand times coming from numerous guys and girls he met. Coming from Taekwoon doesn't really affect him. And there's a doubt coming in Hakyeon's own school of thoughts right there. 

 

♦♦♦

 

Hakyeon tucks his earphone in his pocket as he arrived in his class, carrying three packs of lunch boxes that his mother has prepared. One is for himself, second for Sanghyuk and the third one is for Taekwoon. He sent him home safely last night after they had dinner- Taekwoon insisted and even stole his bag like usual to get him to eat together. Plus, he even said he was lonely and he saved Hakyeon so it was gratitude for Taekwoon. Oh well, his mom even took a liking on this Taekwoon guy, invited him for another meal and even packed him some more food.

Taekwoon had his tummy full last night and even now. As of now, how he will pass this lunch box to the male since he doesn't have his number nor know which class he attends except for him being the same grade as him. Hakyeon looks at the green packaging, not realizing Sanghyuk is already arrived and seated next to him until Hakyeon screams out of sudden due to Sanghyuk's tickles.

"Yah, Han Sanghyu- let go!!"Hakyeon laughs in both annoyance and funny or with a little mix of anger since Sanghyuk surprised the out of him. "Sanghyuk!!" they keep laughing out loud since it's still morning and there is no one in the class yet. Sanghyuk only stops when Hakyeon almost trips and he holds him by the arms, jolting Hakyeon up closer to his chest. 

Both of them heave heavy breathing as they found no more jokes when the eyes locking and the close proximity that not even a best friend would cross involve. Especially Sanghyuk, when he saw Hakyeon pants, trying to catch his breath. His heart stops beating again- that's when he regains the feeling of him towards his own best friend back. Feeling the awkwardness, Hakyeon is the first one to break the hug and awkwardly shoves Sanghyuk's lunch box that was prepared.

"Whose lunch box is that?" he asked since Hakyeon brings extra hoping that he could have both. But Sanghyuk's hope was crushed when Hakyeon coolly said it was made for Taekwoon and his heart drops a beat.

"Why?" it was cold, Hakyeon could tell that voice. "My mom made it for him. He walks me back home after I finished my dance class since we bumped coincidently on the street," he explains, trying not to make it sound weird.

"And why did you guys bumped? Hakyeon, what if he purposely follows up, stalked you up, only to get back at me?" Sanghyuk asked in paranoid. 

"Well his boxing class was nearby- I saw the place too and it was a coincidence! And Sanghyuk, Taekwoon did nothing to you he only teased me. Stop being so paranoid, it was like- years ago," Hakyeons shakes his head off, and place Taekwoon's box together with him. Maybe if he texts Jaehwan later he might know which class Taekwoon is. He left Sanghyuk dumbfounded alone, in disbelief when Hakyeon asked him to stop being paranoid.

How can he when Taekwoon before literally played dirty to get on the national team which supposed to be Sanghyuk's place. He keeps his sulking to himself, as he knows Hakyeon would come to him later on too. Even years ago, it still left a huge wound on Sanghyuk's heart when he was accused of using illegal stuff for his training until he was kicked out by the team. And those were all because of a ing Jung Taekwoon. 

 

♦♦♦

 

It's finally recessed and Sanghyuk still in his sulking mode by ignoring every Hakyeon calls and teasings when he tries to get Sanghyuk's attention. Well, who asked him to be nice to Sanghyuk's ultimate enemy. He heard Hakyeon calls him as Sanghyuk walks out from the class without even greeting Hakyeon or asked where they wanted to have lunch. And what hurts Hakyeon is Sanghyuk didn't bring along the lunch that his mother has packed for him. It's the first time Sanghyuk treated him this way and it's because of his jealousy towards Taekwoon.

He looks at the abandoned lunchbox, pouting in disappointment when he was ignored by his best friend. Sighing, Hakyeon tries to pry away all the negative emotions that he currently feels- thinking that maybe it was his fault for talking with Sanghyuk's enemy. But it wasn't him started talking first, it was Taekwoon! And also it was Taekwoon helped him when he was chased by the bullies. The mixed feeling of guilts between Sanghyuk and Taekwoon has made Hakyeon feel stuck in the middle. 

Nevertheless, Hakyeon looks at his phone after receiving a reply text by Jaehwan. "We're waiting at the cafeteria," that was what written on the screen. Hakyeon grabs along Sanghyuk's lunch just in case if he saw him around, he won't forget to pass his lunch for him. 

And Hakyeon currently holds three lunchboxes on his arms, along with the sulking boy's. It was luck- Sanghyuk was born with a tall height and huge body which makes him easier to be noticed, but he saw Sanghyuk is happily hanging out with Hongbin, giggles over something on the phone. Both of them had lunch tray before them, resulting in Hakyeon to feel more upset when Sanghyuk forgets the lunch that he brought. 

"Hey, Hakyeonie! What's up?" Jaehwan comes from behind, slinging his arm around Hakyeon's shoulder, that brings him back to reality. "Oh? Oh, yeah sorry. Can you pass this to Taekwoon? My mom said thank you for helping me yesterday so she packed this for him," Hakyeon hands the lunchbox over to Jaehwan's hands.

Jaehwan is lost, when Hakyeon piles the box on his hand along with his own. He has no more appetites to eat after Sanghyuk decides to be an on him. "Hey, aren't you eating?" Jaehwan questions as he saw the look in Hakyeon's face. 

"It's okay, I'm not hungry. That pink one is mine, you can have it with Wonshik. I have to go, thanks Jaehwan," Hakyeon bids him goodbye in hurry not knowing that Taekwoon was watching him from afar. He knows what makes Hakyeon sad and he hates that Sanghyuk was the reason.