Chapter 7

But Not For Me

They walked awkwardly from school to the cafe that they went yesterday because Sanghyuk's favourite chocolate cake was there and also he doesn't know what does Hongbin likes. So rather than complicate things up, Sanghyuk asked Hakyeon to tell Hongbin to meet him after school but being a good friend Hakyeon is, he gave Sanghyuj Hongbin's phone number and asked him to text him by himself. And that's how they end up walking on two of them, wthout Hakyeon since the guy claimed he got extra practice for the day. Hell, Sanghyuk knows it was just an excuse to leave him alone with Hongbin. Only if Hakyeon knows what he actually keeping away from him, Sanghyuk doesn't want to ruin the friendship they had together.

Few minutes of walking, they finally reach the cafe together and like a gentleman he is, Sanghyuk kindly open the door for Hongbin before himself. "What do you like to have?" that was the first question asked, a a first sentence for the day ever since they met at the school gate. Sanghyuk looks at Hongbin who seems to be immersed in reading the menu, from his hair, and eyelash batting softly. He and Hakyeon had no different- both are pretty boys. But what complicates here for Sanghyuk is he knows that Hongbin had feelings for him and he doesn't want to drag him further. But as for Hakyeon, he knows he can never confess because he only see him as a friend. If not, he won't forced Sanghyuk to go out with Hongbin.

"I want the strawberry smoothie. What about you?" Hongbin turns his eyes towards Sanghyuk as he confirmed with his order. "Uh, I want iced latte with whipped cream and chocolate cake. Are you sure you don't want to eat?" 

"Hmm, that's okay. I just want the smoothie." Hongbin replies and wait for Sanghyuk to get all the orders while he wait at the table, playing with his phone. 

The order kinda takes a bit longer urging him to play with the games in his phone. Shooting here and there, almost screamed in the cafe and he sighed when lost at the certain level he tried since last night, Hongbin was feeling almost depressed. Until someone place the tray on his table and give him a certain advice that he needed. "You can't do that. First, you have to know the weakness of this green monster, then you can shut the laser down and take the diamonds," Sanghyuk looks at the phone screen which show a big LOSER words. He has been watching Hongbin play the games that he played as well when he's ordering and keep talking to himself 'thats not how you do it!!!!' until the cashier called him several times.

"Oh you're playing this game too?" Hongbin's eyes sparks when Sanghyuk gives him a smile and nod enthusiastically. "That's cool! I'm still stucked at this level. What about you?"

"I played at level 15 already. I swear I take time to pass at yours too. But hey, it would be so much easier once you get pass that level. Do you want me to help you with that?"

As if he was offered gold, Hongbin's eyes shines bright and nods. He picks up his phone from the table and show Sanghyuk where ghe stucked. It was amazing to know that they have quite same kind of interest. Hitting and punching, they both eventually had a good time playing and sharing session of games. Sanghyuk learned that Hongbin had a Twitch account which he find amazing since he had something that makes money, while he makes money by being a boxer athelete and got cash for the tournament that he won. 

"Let's play again someday! My house got a new games, do you wanna try out? Hakyeon doesn't like games so, I had no one to play with," Sanghyuk offered as they walked home. Its true, Hakyeon is bad at games, and the only game he played was Mario Kart and he won't play anything that's complicated (or that challenge his patience).

"Sure, why not! I can bring mine to your place too. Trust me, I'm good at all games,"

"Sure, you are. Let's go! I'll walk you home," Sanghyuk offered, however he stops when Hongbin halt his steps. "What's about Hakyeon?" Hongbin asked, because he feels weird since Hakyeon doesn't walk back home together with them.

"Ahh he got extra practice today and he need to go somewhere after practice,"

"Oh, he doesn't walk with you everyday?" he asked, resulting a laugh from Sanghyuk's melodic voice. The taller punch softly on Hongbin's shoulder before getting back at his question. "Nah, he also got something to do as well. So we don't walk everyday. C'mon," Hongbin doesn't know what did he do for his past time, but sure this is a very good moment for him. To have a drink with Sanghyuk, play games, talking, having fun with Sanghyuk and mostly what he appreciate the most for today is, Sanghyuk walks him home. 

 

♦♦♦

 

"I said leave me alone!" Hakyeon grumpily, run away with his schoolbag and another bag that has his dance shoes and his sweatpants. Seriously, he supposed to have a dance lesson, but now it was cancelled. And the most frustrating part is, he has to carry these huge and heavy bags. Its not that heavy, but it was more annoying because someone came to pester him and wait at the outside of the dance room. He realized that Taekwoon has been waiting for him outside of the room ever since he waited inside the class with his fellow dancer friends, but since the dance club president announce today's practice was cancel, Hakyeon sighs out loud.

Not because of the practice got cancelled, but he had to face the tall guy with slanted eyes and dark hair outside of the class. Still, he collects all his stuff and bid his friends goodbye, totally ignoring Taekwoon who has been walking behind him. This afternoon 'talk' has been made clear by Hakyeon and he doesn't know which part of  leave him alone that Taekwoon doesn't understand. Sighing, Hakyeon turns his body and face the tall Taekwoon, giving him the annoyed smile.

"What do you want?" Hakyeon annoyingly asked, only to get a dumb smile from Taekwoon with a candy pocketed from his side. "I told you I dont eat candies. Don't talk to me, don't follow me and don't give me candies," Hakyeon warned before walking back fastly, but Taekwoon somehow got a pair of long legs stop him from the front.

"Wait, wait. What about another candy?" he smile sheepishly, wiggling the strawberry candy that he has been holding since just now. But the way e said about candies has make Hakyeon to blush and think something that he supposed not to.

"Pe- ert! Just go home! I don't want to talk to you,"

"What? What ert I just want to ask you what do you like? Maybe sweet stuff? I can treat you as a token of apologize... please? I know I come off rude to you, but hey, I was just joking!" Taekwoon explained, with no harm in his hands. Hakyeon can see he tucked his strawberry flavoured candy in his pocket, hands both raised up, showing that he has no bad intention to Hakyeon. Not at all.

"You have two minutes to talk. Make it quick," Hakyeon put down his heavy bags on the ground, stretching all his limbs while waiting for what kind of bull Taekwoon wanted to give him for this evening. He curses in his mind, if only he knows the practice was called off, he could tag along Sanghyuk and Hongbin and have some cold drinks. Not here- facing the tall boxer in the school area.

Taekwoon gathers his hands forward, rubbing awkwardly and watch Hakyeon blowing his bangs. He could see the dancer was annoyed because he suddenly appeared outside of the dance room. "Do you want to have coffee with me?" he offers, and Hakyeon is quicker to refuse saying he doesn't drink coffee. The taller nods, understand with the rejection while looking at his watch. "Okay look, i just want to mess with you, because yo- you're so cute. And I feel like playing around with you because you give me a good reaction. That's why..." 

Hakyeon look at him, up and down, judging his sincerity and look into his eyes. But, after a few seconds, Hakyeon suddenly laughed over Taekwoon's apologized which startles the man. "Dear Taekwoon, I've heard that I'm cute for so many times already. So, try again later," Hakyeon heaves to pick back the big bag, Taekwoon was quicker than him and snatch the bag on the ground. "I'll help you carry this," Taekwoon offers and he just lift that with one hand only, shutting Hakyeon up.

"No, that's okay I can carry,"

"No no, take it as a token of apologize. I'll help you carry. Now, let's go," without waiting for more argument from Hakyeon, Taekwoon gives him a rare smile that pierce in Hakyeon's heart as if something that shoot him down and nods. Agreed for Taekwoon to help him with his bag. It was something that Hakyeon never felt before, maybe a spark. But hell no! Hakyeon quickly deny the 'spark' that suddenly knocking his feelings. It is small, but Hakyeon doesn't want to have anything to do with that yet. For him, he has a mission to settle down which is Sanghyuk and Hongbin. 

He walks behind the taller man, watching every movements of him; who knows Taekwoon has another agenda without him knowing and only pretend to be nice to him. And will do something bad to him later without Sanghyuk with him. Sighing, Hakyeon only prepare his phone in the pocket if anything he might call someone to help him from this guy.