Chapter 1

But Not For Me

They're late to school and Sanghyk wasn't even get to take his bath today. Hakyeon the best student, it was the first time of him received a detention because of Sanghyuk's tardiness. Both of them need to stay at the detention room for two hours, which Hakyeon wasn't complaining about this at all though. Say it was cool for him to receive punishment sometimes because he would always receieved praise and likes from the teacher. That creates a smile on Sanghyuk's lips who had been frowning because it was entirely his fault for making Hakyeon to receive the detention along with him. If he woke up early and not napping in the bathroom this morning, they won't get into trouble like this.

"Ahh I'm bored..." Sanghyuk complains and slam his head on the table, catching the attention of the reading Hakyeon. The friend look at him which a smirk drawn on his face. Sanghyuk doesn't even have his books with him because mostly he would left in his locker. Looking at Hakyeon smirking at him, Sanghyuk pouts and annoyed at those smiles. Sure, Hakyeon has a very pretty smile and everyone went crazy whenever Hakyeon smiled at their direction. But for Sanghyuk who befriended with him since they in kindergarten, he wanted to smash Hakyeon's face on the table right now. He hates that Hakyeon for being such a smartass even in the detention while he is here doing nothing, not even can play with his phone at the time being.

Looking at the clock hanged against the wall, Sanghyuk almost wanted to jump because there would be ten more minutes for the detention to end. He had to attend his boxing class later at 3 pm and now its almost 2:30pm, Sanghyuk had to be fast to be there or he would have another detention class to attend and nobody wants that to happened.

"Sanghyuk, do you come first or straight to the class?" Hakyeon asked after they finished their detention, looking at Sanghyuk who now grabs his bag. "I think I might go to the class directly. I'll see you at your place tonight. Remember? Weekend is our movie night!" Sanghyuk slings his arms around Hakyoen's fragile small neck, releasing a soft ouch from the latter. The other students had been watching both of them, especially on Hakyeon because of his gorgeous looking face which isn't new for them. 

It has become a culture for both of them, they would watch the movie together sometimes either at Hakyeon or Sanghyuk's place. But mostly it would be Hakyeon's because Sanghyuk won't let Hakyeon to walk alone in the night. Said bad guys won't get Sanghyuk because he can beat up people easily but not Hakyeon. He only rolled his eyes upon Sanghyuk's words, knowing Sanghyuk would mean everything what he said, Hakyeon complies with everything and let Sanghyuk to come over. There was this one time before when Hakyeon waited for Sanghyuk to finish his boxing class outside of the sport centre, he was catcalled and wooed by the flirty old men at the sport centre. Sanghyuk came for the rescue and almost beat them up for messing with Hakyeon.

It was overprotective and Hakyeon sometimes doesn't like how Sanghyuk acted around him like a father to him. "Okay! Do you want to have something for dinner? Perhaps I can co-"

"Yah, you can't cook for God's sake. I would buy chicken on my way later and tell your mom don't prepare anything. I don't want to give her any trouble because of her chef of disaster son," Sanghyuk diss, resulting Hakyeon to drop his infamous stank face. He's used to listen to Sanghyuk's jokes, which happened everytime and everywhere. Both fo them parted ways when Sanghyuk had to left for his boxing class, meanwhile Hakyeon will go hom directly because he would have to finish his homework while waiting for his bestfriend to finish his boxing class.

Thinking about Sanghyuk, they had been friends for almost years Hakyeon doesn't even calculate but it happened when both of them went to the same preschool, Sanghyuk cried because he fell from a swing and Hakyeon came to the rescue. That was funny, Sanghyuk's crying was the funniest and he promised to take care and protect Hakyeon just because Hakyeon helped him from the swing incident. It was no secret between both of them, when Hakyeon cried because of his first boyfriend, Sanghyuk was suspended from school for a week because of fighting and same things happened to Sanghyuk's ex girlfriend. Hakyeon pulled her hair at the public because that literally cheated on Sanghyuk in front of him, which released by Sanghyuk who happeend to be there as well.

Overall, that incident was funny and Hakyeon's expression was hillarious when Sanghyuk was hurt by that girl until the boy swear not going to have girlfriend anymore. For the others, Hakyeon might be the soft and sweet Cha Hakyeon, who behaved very well when he was on stage. But if someone as close as Sanghyuk, Hakyeon could be very scary too when he's mad. Especially if his loved ones got hurt (explained why that girl got her hair pulled by Cha Hakyeon). They're so care and close for each other until the school even mistook them for a power couple when both of them are only bestfriends with no strings attached. It just happened more when their parents are friends and Sanghyuk always came for a sleepover.

 

♦♦♦

 

That evening, Hakyeon finished bathing and prepared some of Sanghyuk's clothes and even some snacks so that Sanghyuk can eat right away even he said he will buy chicken on his way. But knowing Sanghyuk, he can finish the chicken by minutes, thats why he asked his mother to prepared extra dinner because Sanghyuk will come over. Sanghyuk will finish his practice on 7 pm, and now its almost 7:30 pm, Sanghyuk is still wasn't arrived. Hakyeon becomes anxious as Sanghyuk wasn't type of the the person who will break his promise or running late (except school, even Hakyeon can't handle him). Even if he's late, he would tell Hakyeon why so the latter won't be waiting for him.

Bt now, Hakyeon keeps holding onto his phone and sigh. There's no news from Sanghyuk, so he walks down to the living room and saw his parents are currently watching television. "Where's Sanghyuk, Hakyeon-ah? He never be this late before?" Mr. Cha asked, because they all familiar with the boy. Same thing happened if Hakyeon went to Sanghyuk's place. Jolting his shouder, Hakyeon flop his body on the other side of the couch, joining his parents.

"I don't know, he didn't say anything," Hakyeon sighed, looking at his phone.

He set his eyes on the television, watching whatever show his parents played on the television until he feel the sleepiness take over his eyes and drive him off for a nap. It was just a small 15 minutes nap, when his mother suddenly tap his shoulder and wake him up. Hakyeon hums, shifting to the other side of the couch. However, he gives up avoiding his mother right after he heard something unpleasant about Han Sanghyuk, his boxing bestfriend.

"Hakyeon, wake up! Sanghyuk's mom called home just now. He said Sanghyuk was at home and currently being treated, say he was injured during his practice just now," Hakyeon finally jolts up from his lap and eyes wide opened. This is a very rare to happen and Sanghyuk is a great athlete after all. For someone to beat him, that must hurt Sanghyuk's body and pride as well. Hakyeon quickly run to his room and grabs his coat and few things before dashing out from his home. "I'm going to Sanghyuk's place. Maybe I sleep there. Love you mom! Dad!" he yells, and dash out of the house quickly. 

As he arrived, Hakyeon greets Sanghyuk's mother who gestured that Sanghyuk is upstairs and upset and doesn't want to be treated his wound. Grimacing, Hakyeon wonders if his injury is that bad for a practice session. Slowly, he climbs the stairs and open Sanghyuk's room to see the boy is curling on the bed, Hakyeon isn't confimed if he's sleeping or not. But, he still get in and softly calls for Sanghyuk's name.

"Yah, Han Sanghyuk. What happened?" he doesn't get response.

"Hyuk-ah,"

"Sanghyuk?" 

Hakyeon walks closely to the side where Sanghyuk lies, and shocked seeing how bad Sanghyuk's bruised on the face. "Oh my god! What happeend to you?! Who did this to you?" Hakyeon inspects closer to the face, shocking Sanghyuk who was actually sleeping.

"You surprised me! When did you arrived?" Hyuk scoots back and sit up. He hiss everytime when he tried to talk. Damn, that punch! He thought. That new guy was really something else, he wasn't like the other boys that Sanghyuk practiced with. He's much experienced and he hits like a monster. But Hakyeon here is much more scarier than a monster if Sanghyuk doesn't answer his questions anytime soon. "It was a guy at my class. Nevermind, its normal,"

"Its NOT normal for you. C'mon let's get you treated," Hakyeon ushers him to sit up while he looks for the ointment around Sanghyuk's room. "What kind of guy he is, it was just a practice and look at you now. Tsk. Is that really hurt?" Hakyeon sits back when he finally found what he look for. Looking at Sanghyuk's bruise, that looks like will stay for a few days though. The boxer hissed everytime when Hakyeon puts the oil on the bruised.

"I don't know. He looks familiar, but I don't remember. Anyway his punch was ing fas- Ouch, slowly!" Hakyeon apologizes when he accidentally put some pressure on Sanghyuk's wound. "Anyway, I didn't get to buy the chicken because it was raining and I need to come home fast. My face is dying," 

"Nevermind. But have you eat? Do you need something?" Hakyeon offers so that he can go downstairs and get some food from Sanghyuk's mom and bring them upstairs.

"That would be great. Let me shower first and then we'll gonna continue our movie night," and that's how it ends. That's how Sanghyuk treated Hakyeon. For some people, they might doesn't looks like bestfriends but that's how Sanghyuk show how much he treasured Hakyeon in his life. So does Hakyeon. They couldn't be separated and if anything happened between two of them, one must be feeling the pain as well. If you hurt one, the other will get back at you. However, as for the wound. Sanghyuk need to assure Hakyeon it was just a practice and not that the opponent tried to hit him intentionally which makes Hakyeon to shut up because Sanghyuk stuffed him with mochis into his mouth.