WolfAU

WolfAU & KingdomAU Drabbles!

Christmas in a pack of 'shifters, a coven of vampires, a wolf-human, and a human



Christmas was coming up, and Yuto wanted to spend some of it at Changgu's spot at least. Despite the fact that Changgu was back as a puppy it seemed, Yuto still felt the need to. The 'shifter side of the group had grown smaller, as Hongseok had moved to Berlin with Yunhyeong so it was just Yanan and Hyojong with Hoetaek. Yuto still had Jaemin at least, but even Sanha, who was his mate, could only visit once a year, when Moonbin checked up on Chani.

Hoetaek wasn't one for celebrating Christmas but since their human wanted to do something for Christmas he asked Chani to see if they could. "I mean, sure," said Chani. "I don't think he's the one for big parties, but I did overhear Yuto asking Sungjong to take him to Changgu's spot to celebrate," he said. "You think that's a good idea?" Asked Hoetaek. "Sungjong taking Yuto somewhere? I mean yes, considering that Yuto is around us all the time and none of us have a problem with him," said Chani. "However, since you seem so concerned you can take him there," he said, causing Hoetaek to sigh. "Fine," said Hoetaek.

 

~



"I don't know about you but I think your fur becomes even fluffier when it's winter time," said Yuto as he sat on Hoetaek's back as Hoetaek walked to the meadow. Hoetaek snorts before picking up the speed. Yuto yelped and held on as he leaned forward to keep himself from falling off. "Stop doing that," he whined as Hoetaek came to a stop. He hopped off of Hoetaek's back before tossing the bag of clothes at the wolf and walking over to Changgu's grave site. Hoetaek disappeared to change, letting Yuto to himself for a few minutes.

"Hey Changgu," said Yuto as he smiled at the cross in the ground. "Merry Christmas," he said, taking the necklace off the cross and wiping it clean before putting it back and sitting down beside the cross to watch the unfrozen river. Hoetaek went to join him once he was dressed, sitting on the other side of the cross in silence.

"So what are you going to do for Christmas?" Asked Yuto as he looked at Hoetaek. "I don't know," said Hoetaek. "Who's idea was it to get a tree to decorate in the livingroom?" He asked. "Jaemin's actually," said Yuto. "I didn't want to bother everyone for something big but," he said, shrugging. "Sungyeol and Myungsoo went to get a tree and set it up in the livingroom," he said. "Jaemin went to get ornaments and we decorated, when I had time anyway," he said.

"Did you get presents for everyone?" Asked Hoetaek. "No," said Yuto. "I wanted to but I think the tree is enough for now," he said. "It seems like I'm the only one who wants to celebrate it, other than Jaemin," he added. "Well," said Hoetaek as he shook his head. "I know that Sanha's coming over for a bit," he said. "Really?" Asked Yuto. Hoetaek nodded. "Chani asked Moonbin to see if Sanha can come over earlier than him," he said. "Moonbin agreed, but Hongseok wanted to come see us before going to see Taehyun so he's coming over too with Yunhyeong," he said. "Nice," said Yuto.

They were soon joined by Hyojong and Yanan who went to see Changgu's grave. They stayed in their animal forms however, seeing that Yuto and Hoetaek were already here. "We'll be leaving soon, so take as long as you want," said Hoetaek as he got up. Yuto nodded to the two wolves, getting up and going to pat Yanan on the snout. "It'll be okay," he said. He then turned to Hyojong and hugged him. "It'll be okay," he repeated before walking over to Hoetaek. "We'll see you back home then," said Hoetaek before leaving with Yuto to leave the two alone.

 

~



Christmas wasn't too eventful, but Yuto being able to see Sanha again really lifted his spirits, and Hoetaek had been able to catch up with Hongseok. Everyone got to spend the day together, with the vampires all going on a hunt for Christmas and everyone else just enjoying the evening.

Yunhyeong still wasn't used to being around a big crowd but Hongseok and Sanha being there helped him stay calm. Everyone had noticed his discomfort and tried to keep him as relaxed as possible. Other than that everyone had a good day, just hanging out and having fun.

"I got you this," said Sanha as he walked over to Yuto with a box in his hand. "Oh?" Asked Yuto as he blinked, looking at the box. "It might not be much but," said Sanha as he scratched the back of his head. "But this might help with your loneliness until my next visit," he said.

Yuto opened the box and found a necklace with a fox pendant on it. He took out the necklace and looked at it in awe. "Thank you," he said, throwing his arms around Sanha. Sanha laughs and hugs Yuto back. "You're welcome," he said. He helped put the necklace on Yuto's neck before stepping back, grinning at Yuto. Yuto blushed, managing a small smile in return, earning 'awwws' from everyone in the room.

"How's Kino been do you know?" Asked Hongseok as he talked with Hoetaek. "He's been alright," said Hoetaek. "He meant to come up for a visit before Christmas but the bad days started so," he said, sighing a bit. "They're treating him okay right?" Asked Hongseok. "If they weren't then well," Hoetaek said, shrugging. "I'm sure he would've told us a long time ago," he said. Hongseok hummed.

"You doing okay there Yunhyeong?" Asked Jaemin. "Yeah," said Yunhyeong as he scratched the back of his head. "I'm not used to being with a pack of 'shifters," he said. "I'll be alright though," he added. "I'm just needing some time to adjust," he said. "Makes sense," said Jaemin. "But wait, you're with Moonbin's pack?" He asked. "I am but I don't interact with them as often as Chanwoo and Jinhwan do," said Yunhyeong. "Ah," said Jaemin.

"Oh yeah," called Hoetaek as he turned to Yuto. "Your other present is outside," he said. "What?" Asked Yuto before he ran outside to see what it was. "You got me a car?!" He shouted, causing everyone to go outside to see. "It's all yours," said Hoetaek as he grinned. "Y-you didn't need to," said Yuto. "But thank you!" He said, tackling Hoetaek. Hoetaek laughs, returning the hug. "You've gotten driving lessons from people with quick as hell reactions," he said. "I think it's time you got yourself a car," he said. "Especially now that you have your driver's license," he said. Yuto pulled away, grinning and running over to the jeep to examine every part of it.

"Great," said Yanan. "We don't have to rely on the others for transportation," he said with a shake of his head. "That and I can come in whenever," said Hoetaek as he scratched the back of his head.

Chani, Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong returned after Yuto went to bed, having become too tired to wait for the vampires to return. Everyone else was still awake by that point, and Jaemin went to Chani first before they went off to their room. Myungsoo and Sungjong went off to their rooms after saying goodnight and Hoetaek and Sungyeol were left to stand in the livingroom after the 'shifters and Yunhyeong headed off to the 'shifter's room.

"I take it the human liked his present?" Asked Sungyeol as he tilted his head to the side. "Yep," Hoetaek said, chuckling slightly before going into their room with Sungyeol following after him. "He wasn't expecting that at all," he said. "I figured, though I'm surprised he didn't question it earlier," said Sungyeol. "Yuto tends to be oblivious to gifts," Hoetaek said with a chuckle before going to get changed. Sungyeol went to take a quick shower before joining Hoetaek in bed.

"It was a good Christmas," Hoetaek said suddenly as he cuddled with Sungyeol. "I can tell," said Sungyeol. "You seem happier," he said. "I want to do this again," said Hoetaek. "We haven't done something like this since Changgu was alive," he said. Sungyeol hummed. "We'll do it again next year, granted Chani's fine with it," he said. "I'm sure he'll be fine with it," said Hoetaek as he yawned. "Get some sleep," said Sungyeol. Hoetaek hummed, snuggling closer to Sungyeol before falling asleep.