KingdomAU

WolfAU & KingdomAU Drabbles!

Joshua's last conversation with Sungjin



Losing everyone was hard, being framed for it was even harder. Joshua wasn't even there for Mingyu's death, but being blamed for everyone else's was harsh. What had made it worse was the fact that he had been laughed in the face after doing everything he could to prove his innocence. Screw the current guard. Taemin would turn traitor, he knew that for sure.

Joshua felt a sense of deja vu as he collapsed against a tree, moving to lean against it. This wasn't like last time however. He really was dying, his lungs punctured as he had been slammed into a tree by Jonghyun's animal form. They left him alone after that though, knowing that he'd die anyway.

It hurt to breathe, let alone move. "I'm sorry," said Joshua as he stared up at the sky. "I'm sorry for letting you guys down," he said. "I'm sorry for not fighting to keep you all alive," he said. "Chanyeol and Jongdae will be the ones to get them," he said. "I hope so anyway," he said, coughing up blood.

"It's saddening," came Sungjin's voice as he appeared and went to stand in front of Joshua. "They didn't believe you even after everything," he said. "I know, it's stupid ain't it?" Asked Joshua as he spat blood. "And it looks like you aren't done with whatever has you stuck here," he said. "Nope," said Sungjin.

"Are you going to stand there and mock me like the others?" Asked Joshua. "Now why would I do that?" Asked Sungjin. "Everyone else has done it by now," said Joshua. "If I was going to do something like that I'd kick you to aggravate your wounds even more," said Sungjin.

"You've always been the one to bring physical punishment in if anyone did anything wrong," Joshua said with a snort. "Hey, it worked didn't it?" Asked Sungjin as he chuckled slightly, sitting down in front of Joshua. "That it did, that it did," said Joshua as he took a breath, hissing in pain.

"Relax," said Sungjin. "It'll be all over soon," he said. "Yeah, that's what N said the last time we were in this situation," said Joshua. "Last time this happened the others were being tortured by Brian and them," he spat. Sungjin sighed. "I couldn't control their actions," he said. "You could've prevented them from happening," said Joshua.

"You wouldn't understand their anger," said Sungjin. "Not then," said Joshua as he reached into his pocket to bring out his pocketwatch. "But now I do," he said, holding it in front of his face as he opened the watch to check the time.

"You kept the watch even after everything?" Asked Sungjin. "I'm loyal to the kingdom, as you have been," said Joshua as he looked at Sungjin again. "It's just surprising to see, especially after everything happened is all," said Sungjin. Joshua snorts. "Sure," he said. Sungjin shook his head.

Tears started to fall as Joshua could feel himself fading. "I hate to leave Rose alone," he said, letting his hand drop to the side, still clutching the pocketwatch. "I hate to leave Jongdae alone, he has so much hate for the capitol now," he said. "He lost his father, and his favorite uncles because of stupid things," he said. "It's a life we live," said Sungjin. "We all knew what to expect when getting into the guard," he said.

"It's just stupid," said Joshua. "I wanted to be there for the birth of Jongdae's first kid," he said. "I'm sure Sungcheol would've wanted to be there too," said Sungjin. "But hey, I feel the same way and I've been dead longer than you," he said.

"Hyung," said Joshua, as the scene before Sungjin changed. Instead of a middle aged Joshua it was the Joshua that had just gotten into the guard. It was a Joshua who was in his early 20's, his eyes still shining with a sort of innocence not yet affected by war. "Am I going to find peace?" He asked. "Am I going to be able to move on?" He asked. "Of course," said Sungjin. "I believe you will kiddo," he said, smiling softly. "Rest now," he said. "You'll be in a better place soon," he said. Joshua managed to smile, before his head dropped, his eyes becoming cloudy as he took his last breath.

Sungjin got up and walked over to Joshua's body, leaning over and closing his eyes before reaching over and grabbing the pocketwatch from him. "Rest in peace baby brother," he said putting the pocketwatch in his pants pocket and walking away.

 

~



"Joshua," came someone's voice, calling Joshua's name. It was faint but soon it became clearer for him as his mind caught up faster than his body. "Joshua," came the voice again, and Joshua opened his eyes, being blinded by a bright light as he covered his eyes. He moved his hand away once he was sure he could see to spot Sungcheol standing over him.

"H-Hyung?" Asked Joshua as he sat up quickly, looking surprised. "Hey," said Sungcheol as he grinned. "Come on, everyone's waiting on us," he said, reaching out a hand. Joshua took it and Sungcheol pulled him up before taking him to the others.

"Look who finally decided to join us!" Said Mingyu as he spotted Joshua. "You are here too," said Joshua as he blinked. "Of course," said Mingyu. "Come on, you can meet my brother!" He said. Joshua blinked as Mingyu grabbed his arm and took him to see Wonwoo.

"So this is the Joshua I've heard so much about," said Wonwoo as he spotted Mingyu and Joshua with Sungcheol not too far behind them. "And this is the Wonwoo I've heard so much about," said Joshua as he laughs, scratching the back of his head. "Oi," said Wonwoo as he pouted. "What the hell Mingyu?" He asked. Mingyu laughs, as the others soon joined them.

Suddenly death didn't seem so bad after all. Joshua got to be with his parents again. He got to be with everyone again, acting like nothing had happened. He knew he was dead of course, but one thing was for certain, he was more than happy to be here than be stuck wandering the world as a spirit like Sungjin had been forced to do.