WolfAU

WolfAU & KingdomAU Drabbles!

Hyunbin lets Sanggyun go



It was hard to imagine life without his present owner Hyunbin, as Sanggyun had been with the boy since birth. However, he did long the freedom to finally leave this place, and maybe, just maybe come back as someone new. Sanggyun was one of the very first pure blood werewolves, but he died a long time ago. Some ritual had brought him back, putting him into the body of a wolfdog puppy. Centuries later he was now stuck with Hyunbin, a hand me down from Hyunbin's father. Unlike Hyunbin's family before him, Hyunbin showed that he cared. In his own way anyway.

"I will be the one to set you free," said Hyunbin as he turned to Sanggyun. "I just have to become the heir to the family right?" He asked. Sanggyun nodded. "That was the gist of the contract," he said. "But are you sure?" He asked. "I think you deserve it, after everything," said Hyunbin. "I can see it, the need you have to finally be set free," he said.

"Will you be alright without me?" Asked Sanggyun. "I'll be fine," Hyunbin said with a small smile. "Don't worry about it," he said. "We'll deal with it when it gets to that point, for now we just have to wait," he said. Sanggyun nodded.

"I don't want you to think that I will eventually regret the decision," said Hyunbin. "But even a blind person can see how miserable you are," he said. "You've been alive for centuries, bound to each person that have been named the heir," he said. "But my father was different," he said. "He gave you to me since I was a baby," he said. "When he names me the heir I will take my chance," he said. Sanggyun nodded. "I hope so," he said. "I won't go back on my word," said Hyunbin.

 

~



It would be a few years later, when Hyunbin was in his mid 20s, when his father called the duo into his office. "Hello father," said Hyunbin. Sanggyun stayed in his wolf dog form, bowing his head slightly in greeting and respect.

"Hyunbin, Sanggyun," said Hyunbin's father. "I called you here because I wanted to say how proud I am of your hunting achievements," he said. "Thank you," said Hyunbin. "I've watched you both closely throughout the years, Sanggyun will be passed down I'm sure?" Asked Hyunbin's father. "Yes," said Hyunbin. Something flashed across Sanggyun's eyes before he nudged Hyunbin slightly, wagging his tail. "Ah, why did you call me here? I know there's something more to this than that," said Hyunbin.

"Well," said Hyunbin's father. "I'm getting older and I think it's time I announced the next heir to the family," he said. "You are my only son, therefore I have decided to name you the next heir," he said. Hyunbin nodded, bowing. "Thank you for naming me the next heir, I will work to make you proud," he said. Hyunbin's father smiled softly before getting up and walking over, bringing Hyunbin into a hug and putting a hand on Sanggyun's head.

"I know why you wanted to become the next heir," said Hyunbin's father. "Therefore I'm letting you do this, set him free," he said, moving away. A look of shock crossed Hyunbin's face before he smiled. "Thank you father," he said. Sanggyun put up his human illusion, showing he was grinning from ear to ear. "It'll be great to finally move on, thank you for being the kindest of them all," he said. With that Hyunbin and Sanggyun left, going on one last walk together before it finally happened.

"Aw," Sanggyun said suddenly. "I won't be there for the birth of your first child!" He said. "Well, you'll come back eventually right?" Asked Hyunbin. "Maybe," said Sanggyun. "Okay, yes I will," he confessed after Hyunbin shot him a look. "I don't know what will happen, but I will try," he said.

They ended up at Sanggyun's favorite spot, and Hyunbin turned to his long time partner and friend. "I'll miss you, old friend," said Hyunbin as he saw Sanggyun in his wolf dog form. Sanggyun whimpered softly, sitting down. Hyunbin leaned down in front of him, putting a hand on Sanggyun's cheek. "I'll be fine alright?" He asked. "You'll keep watch over us at least," he said. Sanggyun nodded.

"Sanggyun," said Hyunbin as he moved back, standing up. "As the current heir to my family I release the contract I have on your soul," he said. "I am letting you go now, rest in peace," he said. Sanggyun put up his human illusion for the last time, grinning. "It was nice spending these last few years with you," he said. Hyunbin nodded. "It was nice to have you as my hunting partner," he said, hugging Sanggyun one last time before Sanggyun faded away.

 

~



"Dad!" Said a ten year old Yedam as he ran over to Hyunbin's office. "What is it?" Asked Hyunbin as he looked up from his paperwork. "It's my birthday! Can I get a puppy now?" Asked Yedam. Hyunbin smiled. "I did say that I would get you a puppy when you turned 10, then yes," he said. "Let's go get you a puppy," he said, getting up. Yedam cheered and ran out the door. Hyunbin followed after him.

Ever since Sanggyun had left Hyunbin became focused on getting wolf dog puppies, tweaking the genetics through breeding to make them loyal to their owner but powerful enough to face werewolves without fear. Many litters later Hyunbin was able to make good money from breeding wolf dogs.

"Is there a litter ready?" Asked Hyunbin as he went to the breeder's shop. "One, did your son finally turn 10?" Asked Moonbin as he grinned in greeting. "He did," said Hyunbin as he chuckled. "How's the coffee shop now?" He asked. "Busy as ever," said Moonbin as he nodded. "Come out back then," he said, leading Hyunbin and Yedam into the back to see the puppies.

Yedam went to look at the puppies, going over each puppy to see which one would fit him. Hyunbin watched him, letting him choose the dog for himself. "Can I get this one?" Asked Yedam as he held up a puppy that looked exactly like Sanggyun had as a puppy. Hyunbin seemed to pause, his head tilting to the side slightly. "Sure," he said after a minute. "We'll take him," he said. Moonbin nodded. "Good choice," he said.

"What are you going to name him?" Asked Hyunbin. "I think I'm going to name him Sanggyun," said Yedam. "I don't know why, but the name came up in my mind as I thought of one," he said. Hyunbin nodded. "It's your pup, just take care of him," he said. Yedam grinned. "I will," he said.

 

~



Six years later and Yedam and Sanggyun were ready for their first real mission as a team. Hyunbin had told them to go into his office for a debriefing, and they both entered after Yedam got packed and was ready to go.

"Good luck on your first mission," said Hyunbin. "It may be local but it's your first real mission without me or anyone else," he said. "Use Sanggyun when you need to, and attack as a team when the werewolf changes," he said. "Good luck," he said. "Thank you," said Yedam. "I will make you proud," he said. "I know," said Hyunbin as he smiled. Yedam scratched the back of his head before turning to leave.

"Oh yeah," said Hyunbin. "Sanggyun, you can reveal your human form now," he said. Sanggyun bared his teeth in a smirk before doing so, putting up his human illusion showing him smirking. "Hello, master," he said.