WolfAU

WolfAU & KingdomAU Drabbles!

Kino finds out that Changgu is more than just a dog



Changgu had been extremely careful with making sure that no one in the pack found out about his human form. He was sure they knew though, at least he was sure that Jinho knew. Jinho was keeping a much closer eye on him than before, but Changgu remained his aloof self, only keeping an eye on Kino on the days where he couldn't even get out of bed.

A visit from Daniel with Seokwoo kept Changgu out of the house for a while, as Daniel had a long term mission and no one in Daniel's pack was available to take care of him. Daniel had promised it to be short term, as Taeil was coming to get him as soon as he was done with missions. For now Seokwoo stayed with them, keeping Changgu company.

 

~



"Do you ever get the feeling that they know?" Asked Changgu as he walked around the forest outside the property. "The feeling that they know of our human forms?" Asked Seokwoo. Changgu nodded. "Mm, it's possible," said Seokwoo. "Lately Jinho's been watching me closer than ever before," said Changgu. "I feel like he knows but I dunno," he said.

"He might just be looking out for you like any owner would," said Seokwoo. "Especially since Kino's been more out of it than usual," he said. "He's afraid that this is affecting you more than you let on," he said. "Right, because I'm a dog," said Changgu as he hummed.

"Changgu! Seokwoo!" Called MJ, causing them both to turn to the voices, dropping their human illusions immediately. "Taeil's here, time to go home!" Called MJ. Changgu turned to Seokwoo before he ran back to the house with Seokwoo following after him. "Ah, there they are," said Taeil. "Had fun hm?" He asked. Seokwoo wagged his tail. "That's good," said Taeil as he pet Seokwoo on the head. Seokwoo barked, causing MJ to chuckle. Changgu whimpered slightly, sitting down. "Aw," said Taeil as he chuckled slightly moving to pet Changgu on the head. "We'll come back for a visit soon," he said.

"How's Kino been?" Asked Taeil, turning to MJ. "Not so well I'm afraid," said MJ as he scratched the back of his head. "He's been in and out of it for weeks now," he said. "Continuous bad days or transitioning?" Asked Taeil. "Continuous bad days," said MJ. "That's gotta really ," said Taeil. "Yeah, Changgu wouldn't leave Kino's side until Seokwoo came over," said MJ.

"Well, we'll be going then," said Taeil. "Come on Seokwoo," he said, leaving with Seokwoo. Changgu was left to sit there for another few minutes, whimpering slightly. "Oi oi," said MJ as he went over to pet Changgu on the head. "I'm sure they'll be back soon," he said. "Come on, let's get you some food," he said, going to open the door. Changgu reluctantly went back inside.

 

~



They were reluctant to leave Changgu alone with Kino, but Changgu was doing fine with Kino and it seemed he was finally going to start breaking the long suffering bad days. So after making sure Kino was going to be okay for a few hours with Changgu everyone left the two alone, going to get some much needed groceries.

Finding himself alone with a sleeping Kino was something that Changgu certainly wasn't expecting, but it gave him the chance to reflect on the whole "coming back as a dog" thing.

Changgu changed the towel on Kino's forehead, not noticing that Kino was awake until Kino had grabbed his wrist. "C-Changgu?" Asked Kino. "I must be seeing things," he said. Changgu had frozen in his spot, too surprised to drop the human illusion.

"They left me alone with the dog, and now I'm seeing things," said Kino as he let go of Changgu's arm, forcing Changgu to come to his senses and put down his human illusion. "At least you're keeping me company," mumbled Kino before he drifted off to sleep again. Changgu let out a deep sigh in relief, moving off the bed and lying down, waiting on the others to get back.

 

~



Changgu was sitting on the dock, a clear sign to the others that Kino was finally breaking the long suffering bad days, a few days after the incident. Kino was indeed doing better, as he had gone running earlier that morning after waking up to a good day. It was lunch time now, and Kino had come out to sit on the dock with a plate of food and a bowl of dog food. After Kino put the bowl of dog food down Changgu went to eat it with Kino eating his own food.

"Changgu," Kino said suddenly. "Why didn't you reveal your human form to me earlier?" He asked. Changgu blinked, looking at Kino. "We knew, the whole time," said Kino. "Jisoo told us, and the other day cemented it," he said.

"I was hoping to figure out why first," said Changgu as he put up his human illusion. "Why should that matter?" Asked Kino. "You're back with us now," he said. "We all know this won't last," said Changgu. "Especially after I've fulfilled what I was meant to," he said. "I guess," said Kino as he looked down.

"It's not that I don't want to stay," said Changgu. "I do, trust me," he said. "But eventually I will finish whatever has me stuck here and well," he said, sitting down and pushing the dog bowl to the side. "Is it selfish for me to not want that?" Asked Kino. "No," said Changgu. "Believe me, I want to stay with you guys forever but," he said, sighing. Kino hummed, nodding.

"When are you guys going back to Toronto?" Changgu asked suddenly. "In a few days, I think I'm good for a week," said Kino. "Why?" He asked. "I want to go find my grave," said Changgu. "Why though?" Asked Kino. "Something about it gives me some sort of hunch," said Changgu. Kino hummed in response. "I'll take you there," he said. "But if that's the reason that you're stuck here..." He started.

"You're gonna have to let me go eventually," said Changgu as he sighed. "But we'll see," he said. Kino hummed in response.