KingdomAU

WolfAU & KingdomAU Drabbles!

Christmas for the guard



Sehun and Baekhyun weren't one for celebrating Christmas, though it was their first time with the new guard they decided to go all out with Christmas things. Christmas wasn't really a celebrated thing in the guard but that was fine. Giving gifts to the others wasn't hard, convincing them to go with the idea would be though.

"Is it really wise to convince Younghyun, Jaehyung, and Junhyuk to get gifts for everyone?" Asked Baekhyun as he walked with Sehun and Aron. "I think so," said Sehun. "I mean come on, we gotta do something about it," he said. "I guess," said Baekhyun as he scratched the back of his head.

They headed over to the training grounds, finding the others there, sparring to keep from getting out of shape. "Hey guys," called Sehun. Everyone stopped in their spars to turn to Sehun and Baekhyun. "Hey there," said Younghyun. "Here for a spar?" He asked. "Sure," said Sehun as he summoned his orb, putting his hands in his pockets.

"I got this one," said Jaehyung as he walked forward, going to grab an extra wooden sword and tossing it at Sehun. "Sword combat? Okay, winner is whoever knocks their opponent off their feet and puts a blade to their neck," said Sehun as he caught the sword. "Fine," said Jaehyung. "Let's do this then," he said, before launching an attack at Sehun. Sehun quickly dodged as he swung his sword, catching Jaehyung in the side. Sehun quickly jumped back as he called for Aron to counter attack.

"Oi!" Said Jaehyung as he dodged the oncoming wolf. "I didn't say that animals were allowed," he said, quickly going to attack Aron, though only lightly as he was aware of Aron also holding back. Sehun took a minute to come up with a plan while Jaehyung was distracted before launching himself at Jaehyung. Aron moved out of the way just in time for the two to clash again.

Somehow the fight ended with Sehun on his back but before Jaehyung could do anything to win Sehun put the blade at his neck. "I win," Sehun said with a grin. "Damn," said Jaehyung as he laughs, helping Sehun stand.

"Oh, right," said Sehun. "We're going to celebrate Christmas whether you want to or not, got it?" He asked. "Get presents for everyone in the guard," he said. "Sure," said Jaehyung. "I wouldn't mind that," said Younghyun. "Yeah sure," said Junhyuk.

The next few days Sehun went looking for presents for everyone, and Aron was accompanying him the whole time. He didn't know what the others were getting him but he knew exactly what to get Junhyuk. He approached the pet store to find the perfect pet for the archer of their group. Aron was getting older, and Junhyuk had wanted a dog that would fit him. Sehun let his orb lead him to the perfect dog, looking at the golden retriever puppy sitting in its pen. "I'll take this one," he said.

Aron got to know the puppy as Sehun took care of the dog, getting a new collar for the both of them. "I'm going to leave the naming to Junhyuk, maybe he'll think of a good one," said Sehun as he walked home with Aron and the new puppy following after him.

On the way home Sehun stopped by the cemetery to visit his parents' graves. He stopped by the plaque first and put a flower down. "It's almost Christmas, I'm expecting snow soon," he said, brushing his fingers over Ren's name. "I made you proud I hope," he added, smiling slightly before turning and walking to his mother's gravestone. "Hey mom," he said, putting another flower down and brushing his fingers over the name on the stone. "Merry Christmas," he said before leaving the cemetery with Aron and Junhyuk's new pup following after him.

 

~



Baekhyun wasn't sure what to get the others as he walked around. Younghyun expressed how he wanted a new sword so maybe he could get a new sword for the only other swordsman in the group. Yeah, that's what he'd do. He headed straight to the blacksmith's shop to see if he could place an order. He might as well get daggers for Jaehyung, and a new sword for Sehun while he was at it.

A bow would have to wait, maybe someone else would get Junhyuk a new bow. He soon left after placing the order and would come back to pick up the order in a few days.

 

~



Younghyun was stuck with what to get the others. "What am I going to get them? Hm," he mumbled to himself as he went to see if there were any new orbs available for Sehun. A bow wasn't hard to get, and two wouldn't take too long to find. He went straight to the blacksmith, noticing that Baekhyun had left and nodding to the oldest before entering the shop to get his orders in and browse around. After finding a new orb he went to pay for it and the orders before putting it in a box and leaving the shop with the box in his hands.
 

~



Jaehyung was with Junhyuk as they decided to do some Christmas shopping together, having a hunch that the others had already finished their shopping for the time being. Something about this year's Christmas brought back memories of when they were growing up, spending the holidays with their families. After becoming trainees they didn't see their families that much, but that was fine. The letters from their families kept them going.

After stopping at the post office to get the mail and reading letters from their families they went to the market district to look for things to get the others. "What do you think they got us?" Asked Junhyuk. "I don't know," said Jaehyung.

"We'll see then," said Junhyuk. "Yeah," said Jaehyung. They got what they needed, getting everything for the others before heading back to the dorms to get some rest.

 

~



A surprise visit from Mark and Jungkook and their dogs Joshua and Jimin brought more happiness from the group. It had been months since their last visit and Sehun always welcomed visits from Mark. The king gave everyone a couple days off for Christmas and the guard spent the day at Sehun's house.

Sehun hid Junhyuk's new puppy in his room, letting Aron keep the pup company for a few hours. Everyone got a kick out of Joshua and Jimin being around though, and Sehun got to catch up with Mark about his adventures outside the capitol.

"You've been on some crazy adventures, what's the most unique one?" Asked Sehun. "I'd say the time we ran into some old friends," said Mark. "I'm surprised actually, that they were still alive," he said. "Kihyun and Shownu were around since the very first guard," he said. "Explains how wolf 'shifters are still around," he said. "I guess so," said Baekhyun as he scratched the back of his head.

"We're here," came Younghyun's voice. "We're in the kitchen," called Baekhyun as he went to greet their guests. Sehun chuckled and left the kitchen with Jungkook and Mark following after him.

"Oh, hyungs!" Said Junhyuk. "Hello Junhyuk," Mark said, grinning in greeting. "Hello guys," said Jungkook. "Staying around for new years?" Asked Younghyun. "Unfortunately not, we promised to go visit the guys and take the twins back down so they can start the trainee life," said Mark. "Ah, the twins," said Sehun. "They're not even old enough yet though?" He asked. "We'll be moving into the capitol when we get back," said Mark. "I see," said Sehun.

Christmas eve was spent chatting with everyone as Mark got to tell old stories of life in the guard. Jungkook was able to give some input on life before he had come to the kingdom, reflecting on old memories and talking about life before the civil war in Bangtan. "Christmas was never big for us," said Jungkook. "But after coming here, it's definitely a change of things to see it celebrated as much here," he said.

"Oi," said Younghyun. "Sungjin not coming over?" He asked. "His mother said no," said Sehun as he scratched the back of his head. "Had a kid already?" Asked Mark as he turned to Sehun. "No," Sehun said, laughing some. "I call him my son but I'm more his mentor," he said. "According to Kris he's Sungjin's reincarnation," he said. "I see," said Mark.

 

~



Around midnight the presents were brought out and Sehun went to get Aron out of his room and brought over a bundle of blankets as Junhyuk's present. "Here," he said, handing the bundle to Junhyuk. Junhyuk looked confused as he held the bundle before noticing that something was in the blankets. He untangled the bundle, gasping in surprise as he unwrapped a sleeping puppy. "Puppy!" He said. "Thank you!" He said, launching himself at Sehun and hugging him. Sehun laughs. "No problem," he said.

Younghyun was next as he grabbed a box and handed it to Sehun. "I found this," he said. Sehun opened the box, looking surprised at the new orb. "The blacksmith had one, I figured you'd want a new one," said Younghyun. "Also I have this," he said, getting up and coming back with a bigger box. Sehun picked up the orb, holding it in his hand before it floated up from his hand and went to float behind his shoulder.

"Here," said Younghyun as he handed Sehun the other box. Sehun opened it, holding up the new bow. "Nice," he said, testing the strings. "Thanks," he said, grinning. Younghyun laughs, scratching the back of his head before going to give another bow to Junhyuk, getting a similar reaction. "Thanks dude," said Junhyuk. Younghyun nodded.

Baekhyun was next, giving Jaehyung a box then turning and giving Younghyun and Sehun boxes. "Nice, thanks man," said Jaehyung. "A sword? Sweet," said Younghyun. "It has my name on it," said Sehun as he observed the sword sheathe, causing Younghyun to look at his own sword sheathe. "It does for me too!" He said. "Thanks, Baekhyun," he said. Baekhyun grinned. "No problem," he said.

Other, smaller gifts from the others rounded out the night before everyone went to bed, happy with the events. If there was one thing that everyone would agree about, it was that next year they will do the same thing.