KingdomAU

WolfAU & KingdomAU Drabbles!

Sungjin's inauguration into the guard & finding out that he is going to be a father



Sungjin had been training to be part of the King's guard for years now, ever since he came to the capitol to complete his military service with the rest of his friends. It didn't mean that he neglected his personal life however, as he was married to his wife Linzy for a few years now. He was the only one to get married, which was fine with everyone in their group since no one else was really looking to start a family anytime soon.

"We worked hard," said Brian as he met Sungjin at the training grounds. "We have," agreed Sungjin as he hummed in agreement. "So," said Brian. "What are we going to do?" He asked. "Continue to work hard," said Sungjin. "I do have a wife to take care of," he said. "Look at you, finally settling down," Brian said with a teasing grin. "Someone has to," said Sungjin as he scratched the back of his head.

"Hand to hand spar?" Asked Brian. "Sure," said Sungjin. "Winner has to knock his opponent off his feet," he said. "Alright," said Brian. Sungjin took off the swords on his back and put it somewhere where it wouldn't get in the way before starting the spar with Brian.

The spar had drawn quite the audience as many of the trainees and even castle guard members appeared to see who would win this one. "We got quite the audience," called Brian as he started adding magic to his sparring match. "Yeah well," said Sungjin. "You're lucky my only weakness is dealing with your magic based attacks," he said, jumping backwards to get more range. "And even long range will break you," said Brian as he started launching low powered lightning bolts.

"Yeah yeah," said Sungjin as he dodged lightning bolts before going close range to throw a punch at Brian. Brian moved back just in time to get a glancing blow to the face. Sungjin followed the punch by grabbing Brian's arm and yanking him forward and over and behind him, causing Brian to land on his back. "I win," he said, turning to a shocked Brian.

"Who taught you that?" Asked Brian as he grinned at Sungjin before rolling over to get up. "I may have learned a thing or two from watching Wonpil and Mingyu fight," Sungjin said, scratching the back of his head. "Huh," said Brian as he stretched.

"Nice fight hyung," said Wonpil as he walked over with Dowoon and Jae. "Thanks," said Sungjin as he saw Jae with his swords. Jae handed Sungjin his swords and Sungjin strapped them to his back in the trademark x position before walking off. "Going somewhere?" Called Brian. "Linzy apparently had some good news, I wanted to get home to see her before coming back," Sungjin called back before continuing to walk off.

When Sungjin got home he called out to his wife. "I'm home," he called. "Hello Sungjin," said Linzy as she walked out of the kitchen. "What is this news you wanted to tell me?" Asked Sungjin. "Well," said Linzy. "I think I'm pregnant," she said.

Sungjin looked wide eyed at Linzy. "Come again?" He asked. "I think I'm pregnant," repeated Linzy. "Are you sure?" Asked Sungjin. Linzy nodded. "I'm going to be a dad? I'm going to be a dad!" Shouted Sungjin as he grinned, bringing Linzy into his arms and twirling around with her. Linzy giggled. "Yes Sungjin, you're going to be a father," she said.

"Joshua! I'm going to be a father!" Sungjin shouted, grinning as he put Linzy down. "I'm going to tell the boys," he said. "If you don't mind," he added. "No no," Linzy said, giggling. "Go tell them, I want to go tell my parents," she said. Sungjin nodded and ran out of the house.

 

~



Sungjin, Jae, Brian, Dowoon and his new puppy Junhyuk, and Wonpil were called into the throne room, along with Mingyu, Sungcheol, Chan and his new pup Hoshi, Joshua and Jeonghan. The 10 of them bowed before the king and queen, each respective dog leaning down on their front paws in a bow.

"We've called all of you here because it is time to select the guards for each of us," said the King as he leaned forward in his chair. "First of all I would like to congratulate you on becoming a father, Sungjin," he said. "Thank you your highness," Sungjin said, nodding.

"Each of you have worked hard," said the queen. "If they are willing I would like to have Joshua and his team as members of my first guard," she said. "I accept your highness," said Sungcheol. "I will take your offer," said Jeonghan. "As will I," said Joshua. "I am fine with this," said Mingyu. "I will work hard to keep my place in the guard," said Chan. Hoshi barked in approval. "Sungcheol," said the queen. "I deem you as the leader," she said. "Yes your highness," said Sungcheol as he bowed.

"Sungjin," said the King. "Yes sir?" Asked Sungjin. "I want the team that you have been training with for the passed few years," said the king. "Your teamwork is almost unmatched, only beatable with your brother Joshua and his team's teamwork," he said. "If you accept, I will be happy," he said.

Sungjin turned to each of his friends, his head tilting to the side. "I accept," said Jae. "I will accept also," said Brian. "We worked so hard to get to this point," he said. "Shows how much teamwork and hard work pays off," he said. "I accept," said Wonpil. "It gives us so much more opportunity to work as a team," he said. "I also accept," said Dowoon. "We did come to the capitol to complete our military service but now we have a purpose," he said.

"And I accept," said Sungjin as he turned back to the king. "On one condition," he added. "I am allowed to see my wife when she gives birth," he said. "I accept your terms," said the King. "Welcome to the guard," he said. "Thank you," said Sungjin as he and the others bowed.

After the inauguration pictures were taken for each guard, with Joshua taking the picture as Sungjin wrapped his arms around Brian and Jae while Dowoon leaned in front of them with Junhyuk sitting in front of him and Wonpil hanging off Sungjin's back, grinning. A similar picture was taken with Mingyu being in the middle, Sungcheol and Joshua on either side of him, Jeonghan hanging off of Mingyu's back and Chan leaning down in front of them with Hoshi sitting in front of him.

 

~



Joshua visited his brother's grave for the last time after getting exiled, spotting the other team picture sitting in front of the stone. "Ah, this one is better," he said with a soft chuckle. "This is my last gift, enjoy it hyung," he said, putting the official team picture in front of the gravestone. "I'm sorry, for finding out the truth," he said before leaving.