WolfAU

WolfAU & KingdomAU Drabbles!

Werewolf Jisung meets A Human Kihyun



"Maybe we'll meet under different circumstances, you as a werewolf and me as just a human," said Kihyun. "I wonder what we would do in those circumstances?" Asked Jisung as he turned to Kihyun. "Talk, though you'd still be young to me so I wouldn't take you seriously," said Kihyun as he chuckled.

Jisung was able to live a good life with his mate Hyunjin, Hyunjin's brother Jeonguk and his pack. Though for the first time in years he found himself in the US with Hyunjin, staying with a friend of Jeonguk's named Cory and his mate Kisu. Cory didn't treat Jisung and Hyunjin like kids, he knew better, and Kisu was being Kisu as Jisung had put it.

Jisung entered the coffee shop, going to the counter as he spotted Kisu working. "Hey Kisu," he said. "Hey," said Kisu as he nodded. "The usual then?" He asked. "Sure," said Jisung as he nodded, giving Kisu the cash. Kisu handed him back the change and Jisung went to sit down somewhere.

After getting his order Jisung relaxed in his seat, reading a book to pass the time until Kisu was done with his shift. Cory had sent him to retrieve Kisu since Hyunjin and Cory had to get groceries that day.

The door chimed and Jisung briefly looked up to spy a human walking into the coffee shop, ordering a coffee. A look of recognition flashed on his face as he tilted his head to the side before shaking his head, going back to reading his book. He needed to ignore the humans, something that Hyunjin had ranted to him thousands of times before.

Jisung was no longer human, having been a turned werewolf since before the first world war started and it was the 70's now. Sure he missed being human, but as Hyunjin had put it, it would be better this way. He had been right like usual.

"Is that the new Stephen King book?" Came a voice from in front of him, causing Jisung to look up to see the human from earlier. "Oh, yeah, it is," said Jisung as he shrugged. "Can I sit with you?" Asked the human. "Sure," said Jisung as he motioned for him to go ahead. "I come here to work on homework," said the human. "And you happened to sit at the biggest table so," he said, shrugging as he sat down in front of Jisung. "Ah, sorry," said Jisung as he scratched the back of his head. "No big deal, I just need this side of the table," said the human. Jisung nodded as he went back to reading, letting the book rest on the table as he continued reading and waiting on Kisu's shift to finish.

"What are you studying anyway?" Jisung asked suddenly as he looked up from reading. "Just doing some math homework, I'm not sure what my major is going to be," said the human. "I'm Kihyun by the way," he added. "Jisung," said Jisung as he chuckled some. "Sorry for asking out of the blue but," he said, shrugging. Kihyun laughs. "It's alright," he said.

"You look like someone I know," Jisung said suddenly. "Funny because I said the same thing," said Kihyun as he wrote something down. "This is really strange isn't it? We don't even know each other," he said. Jisung hummed.

Kisu came over after his shift ended, and Jisung stood. "Well, it's time for me to go then," said Jisung. "I was waiting on my brother to finish his shift so," he said, shrugging. "I'll see you around I guess?" He asked. Kihyun hummed. "Oh yeah, if you want a good major to go into, try the medical field, something tells me you'll do good in it," said Jisung. Kihyun nodded. "Hm, alright," he said. Jisung left with Kisu.

 

~modern day~



Jisung sat at the same table he had first met the human for the first time in probably 40 years, this time with a laptop. Something had brought him over today and Jisung had a strange case of deja vu as he ordered the usual from Cory before going to sit down.

The years were strange, passing time and yet he didn't even age. Hyunjin had found his pure blood mate in a pure blood named Chan and Jisung took the opportunity to come back to the states and visit Jeonguk's good old friends Cory and Kisu.

The door chimed and in walked someone in doctor's clothing, going to order the usual. Jisung looked up briefly, a sense of recognition flooding his mind as he blinked, breathing in a familiar scent he hadn't smelled in years. He looked back at his laptop quickly, hiding behind it as he leaned forward, hiding his face from view as he browsed the internet and waited for Cory's shift to end.

"Well, this is strange," came a somewhat familiar voice that was deeper than the last time Jisung had heard it. Jisung looked up from the laptop screen to see a much older Kihyun looking back at him. "Hello Jisung," said Kihyun. "Hello," said Jisung as he smiled slightly, straightening.

"You haven't aged a day since I last saw you," said Kihyun as he sat down with his coffee. Jisung laughs. "I just have good genetics, is all," he said. "You know," said Kihyun. "You still look the same age as my son," he said. "I do huh?" Asked Jisung as he tilted his head to the side.

"What's your son's name?" He asked. "Jisung, coincidentally," said Kihyun. Jisung hummed in response as he shook his head. "It looks like you took the major thing to heart," he said, grinning. "I do have you to thank for that don't I?" Asked Kihyun. Jisung chuckled, nodding.

Cory came over after finishing his shift, putting his hands in his pockets. "Ah, it's time for me to go," said Jisung as he stood, closing the lid to his laptop. "See you around then," he said, before leaving with Cory.

 

~sometime in the near future~



Jisung was summoned to where Kisu and Cory were staying, as a request of Kihyun's son, Jisung. He found himself sitting in that same coffee shop, looking at his hologram watch as he scrolled through his social media feed, seeing what his pack was doing.

"Jisung?" Came a voice. "Yes?" Asked Jisung as he looked up, spotting who he assumed was Kihyun's son Jisung. "My father left a message for you," said human Jisung as he passed a piece of paper to Jisung. Jisung looked at the paper, unfolding it and reading the note.

Hello Jisung,

I know you might think that this note is meant for my son but it isn't. I'm here to thank you for getting me to choose the major when even I didn't know what to go into. Thank you for the years I had as a doctor and as a father and loving husband. If I didn't choose my major I would've been hunting your kind.

Yes, I knew what you were the whole time. However I hid it from you when I learned later of you working for Kris and such. Thank you for letting me live a happy life instead of in misery.

-Kihyun


When Jisung looked up from the note human Jisung had gone. A sense of sadness filled Jisung's heart and he carefully refolded the paper after scanning it with his phone and left the coffee shop.

"Never interfere with humans he said, it'll be bad he said," said Jisung as he let out a bitter chuckle. "I'm glad I was able to change your life for the better Kihyun, I hope you rest in peace," he said, staring up at the sky.