KingdomAU

WolfAU & KingdomAU Drabbles!

Sungjin betrays the kingdom



Finding that his twins, Jongdae and Chanyeol, were sick were putting a lot of stress on Sungjin's mind. It was bad enough that he was a single father, but it was worse when he was also a part of the king's guard. Something about the King had Sungjin believe that he was about to be involved in something he wasn't supposed to. Especially when the other members of the King's guard were in the four corners of the kingdom, keeping an eye on things.

"Sungjin," called Sungjin's younger brother, Joshua. "What's up?" Asked Sungjin as he walked out of the kitchen. "I heard the twins were sick, I asked if I could come and help you," said Joshua.

"The queen let you come home early for once?" Asked Sungjin as he fought back a grin. "Oi oi," said Joshua as he chuckled slightly. "I do come home, every other day," he said. "Rose is coming over to help, once she's done with work," he said. "Well, they seem to be okay for now," said Sungjin. "I was making lunch," he said. "Ah, okay," said Joshua. "Come on, let me help," he said. Sungjin nodded and went back into the kitchen. Joshua went to help, and the both of them worked in silence to listen out for Jongdae or Chanyeol crying.

"Did you go see Linzy today?" Asked Joshua once they finished eating lunch and made sure the twins were okay. "Not yet," said Sungjin. "I was busy as you could see," he said. "Go, I have it from here," said Joshua. "I will send Kris for you if something goes wrong," he said. Sungjin nodded, going to grab his swords and strap them to his back in his trademark x position before leaving the house.

"Ah, it's been a while," said Sungjin as he stood in front of Linzy's grave with flowers. "I hope you're doing okay, I want the twins to get better," he said, putting flowers in front of the stone before moving away. He was alone for another few minutes, before being approached by someone from the castle guard.

"The queen requests your presence," said the castle guard. "What for?" Asked Sungjin as he didn't look up at the guard. "She has a mission for you, that I can't disclose," said the guard. Sungjin hummed in response. "I'll be there, am I needed now?" He asked. "She requests for you to come now," said the castle guard. Sungjin sighed. "Okay," he said, turning to the guard. "I will be there, you can head back now," he said. The castle guard nodded, bowing before leaving.

"Do you know what this is about?" Sungjin asked, not bothering to turn to face Sungcheol who had come to pay his respects. "No," said Sungcheol. "It makes me suspicious since everyone was dismissed early today," he said. "I see," said Sungjin as he nodded. "Whatever it is, it must be very important," said Sungcheol. Sungjin hummed, nodding and starting to walk away.

"You did well taking care of my sister hyung," called Sungcheol, causing Sungjin to pause, turning to Sungcheol. "I apparently didn't do well enough for her to survive giving birth to the twins," said Sungjin. "You did great, and you are doing great, taking care of my nephews," said Sungcheol. "Thanks," said Sungjin before he turned, walking away and heading to the palace.

"Come in, Sungjin," said the queen as Sungjin knocked on the door. Sungjin entered the room, going to kneel in front of the throne. "This is rare," said Sungjin as he bowed his head. "Yes, it is," said the queen. "I called you here to ask you for a potentially dangerous mission," she said. Sungjin hummed. "What is it?" He asked.

"I need you to kill the king," said the queen. "You need me to do what?" Asked Sungjin as he looked up. "I need you to kill the king," said the queen. "You expect me to betray the entire kingdom after royally serving the king for years now?" Asked Sungjin.

"I know, doing this is against everything you trained to do but the king has become corrupted," said the queen. "I'm sure you noticed how the king has done some crazy things," she said. "Word from Brian and Wonpil is saying that a civil war might be starting," she said.

"So you want me to kill the king, to which I'd get killed regardless because I'd be labeled a traitor, and then you want me to go stop this civil war?" Asked Sungjin. "It would be a lot easier than executing you on the spot," said the queen. Sungjin hummed. "And the twins?" He asked. "You have your brother and his wife, your brother in law, and the rest of my guard," said the queen.

Sungjin sighed. "Okay," he said. "When do you want me to strike?" He asked. "Later tonight," said the queen. "Tell Joshua that you're doing errands," she said. "Okay," said Sungjin. "Good luck," said the queen. Sungjin stood, bowing before leaving the room.

When Sungjin went back to the apartment he found Rose making dinner. "Was I gone that long?" Asked Sungjin. "Yes," said Rose. "Where's Josh?" Asked Sungjin. "In the twin's room," said Rose. Sungjin nodded and went into the twin's bedroom, finding Joshua entertaining the twins.

"Hey hyung," said Joshua as he looked up. "Hey," said Sungjin. "You were summoned," said Joshua. "I know, someone went to get me at the cemetery," said Sungjin. "What did the queen want?" Asked Joshua. "Just needed me to do some errands later," said Sungjin.

"How are my boys?" Asked Sungjin as he picked up Chanyeol and felt his forehead. "Still sick I see," he said. "They're doing better," said Joshua as he played with Jongdae.

"Alright," said Sungjin as he finished eating dinner. "I have some errands to run, I'll be back later," he said. "Alright," said Joshua. "I'll be here with Rose," he said. Sungjin nodded and strapped his swords to his back in the trademark x position before leaving the house.

He headed to the palace, going to a different wing of the palace towards the King's personal chambers. The guards around him regarded Sungjin with bows, Sungjin nodding his head in return. No one suspected a thing, or maybe they too were anticipating the king's death.

"Come in," said the king as Sungjin knocked on the door. Sungjin walked into the room, bowing at the king. "Hello your highness," he said. "Sungjin, what is it?" Asked the King. "I'm sorry," said Sungjin as he withdrew his swords. "I have seen this coming," said the King as he stood.

"Please know that I didn't want to do this," said Sungjin. "I am well aware," said the King. "Do your worst," he said. Sungjin leaped forward with his swords, attacking the king. The king countered with his own weapons and Sungjin attacked with everything he had.

"You've done well Sungjin," said the King as he blocked a blow from Sungjin's sword. "Thank you," said Sungjin. "Take care of this civil war alright? Don't die until the end," said the King as he dropped his weapons. Sungjin nodded. "Any last words?" He asked. "No," said the King. "I'm depending on you, make me proud," he said. Sungjin nodded and raised his swords, swinging them down in an x. Blood splattered onto his shirt and face and covered his swords as the king went down.

Sungjin turned and went to wash his swords off before putting them in the sheathes in the trademark x position on his back. He wiped his face clean of blood before leaving the palace, heading back home to get some sleep.